Media Center 430 USB Flash Drive Question - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Question Media Center 430 USB Flash Drive Question

I just bought a 2011 Detonator with a Media Center 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD and I am having no luck getting the unit to recognize a flash drive with MP3s on it via the USB port.

Is there a specific type of USB thumb drive format (Mac, DOS FAT) or brand that should be used? I'm not new to using flash drives so it puzzles me why it shouldn't recognize every one plugged in. The MP3s are all DRM free so that's not the problem.

Anyway, if anyone has feedback about this I sure would appreciate it. I'd like to take advantage of the 30GB capacity but not one CD at a time :P

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

2011 Dodge Nitro 2WD 4-door Heat Audio System

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaren View Post

2011 Dodge Nitro 2WD 4-door Heat Audio System
Ok, now I am really confused. I have a 2011 Nitro Heat 4x4 with the Media Center 130 with Sirius. This picture is not my radio, and I can't believe that a 4x2 would have a different radio than the 4x4! I do not have a "scan" button. The two "seek" buttons are moved to the right, leaving the first space blank. My "time" button is where the "rnd" button is. Thus, my "info", "rw", and "ff" buttons are moved to the left, leaving the last space blank. My "set" button is combined the "rnd" button, located where "aux" on this radio. My "aux" is combined with the "disc" button! So, the first space on the bottom row is also blank. Mine is a "single disc MP3". The display markings are the same. I do not have a clue what the difference is between this radio and my Media Center 130, but I'll bet they have different part numbers and my parts department will tell me that they are not interchangeable! My radio is stamped "RES" as is this one!

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.

Last edited by dhh3; 06-12-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: more info!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
dhh3

From the 2011 Dodge Nitro "Order Your Own" they now only show two options, the Media Center 130 CD Mp3 and the Navigation GPS Radio. This was not the case back in 2007 when several options were available besides the touch screens. I know that there was also a 6CD radio option. Lots of old info still out there but most relate to upgrading to the touch screens however. Here is a Link you may find interesting
2005-2010 Grand Cherokee factory audio components

And from one of our members here from Dodge Caliber
Caliber Standard, Navigation and MyGIG Radio & Kicker Information Thread - Dodge Caliber Forums

GOOD LUCK!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 06:14 PM

Thanks. I didn't mean to hijack this poor guys thread! I wish I could answer his question. I know with the non-touchscreen radios, there is an "aux" button that you have to select in order to listen to something through the aux port. Plug something into the aux port, and then select it by pushing the aux button. Is there such a button or switch in order to use the USB? I would think that just by plugging in something via USB would not necessarily over-ride what you are listening to. I would think you would have to select it.

I looked at the links. The part number for the same radio, on the Jeep link, the only difference being chrome ringed knobs or black knobs, is completely different! No wonder I am having the part number blues! The RES radio for the Caliber is the one that I have (it looks the same!), but it probably has a different part number, and therefore won't work! If and when I ever solve this, I'll list the parts by Mopar number so someone else won't have to go through this.

If you go to "For Owners" and then to the "Mopar buy it link", select 2011 Nitro accessories, and all of the radios are there. It's weird that there are only 2 choices now, if one were to order a new Nitro.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.

Last edited by dhh3; 06-12-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in