Mopar Grilles New Chrysler 300
• Mopar maximizes the thrill of the grille and the appeal of the wheel; Offers eight custom grilles and six wheel-design packages for all-new 2011 Chrysler 300
• Eight new custom grilles, including two constructed of billet aluminum; prices range from $310 to $750
• Six new wheels in 18-inch, 19-inch and 20-inch designs; prices range from $265 to $610
May 9, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Standing out from the luxury crowd with a notable presence just got easier for owners of the all-new 2011 Chrysler 300. Mopar, Chrysler Group’s service, parts and customer-care brand, will offer eight new custom grilles and six new wheel designs for Chrysler’s flagship sedan.
“Mopar is offering a full menu of grilles and wheels for those looking to customize and personalize their all-new Chrysler 300,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC. “By itself, the Chrysler 300 makes a statement. Our grilles and wheels provide exclamation points. And unlike other aftermarket offerings, our grilles are specifically tested for aero, cooling and thermal, and our wheels are specifically designed and tested for durability and impact.”
Each grille is designed by Chrysler and provides an exact factory fit and finish. The selection includes a 13-bar grille and a diamond-pattern grille, both constructed of billet aluminum. Both grilles are chrome-plated and polished to a high luster. The 13-bar grille features narrow horizontal, 5mm blades patterned within the traditional Chrysler 300 grille shape that first defined the model more than 55 years ago. The diamond-pattern grille features 154 individual diamond shapes and has a high-chrome polish.
Harkening back to traditional sports cars, the new Mopar grille selection also includes three wire-mesh grilles constructed of 2mm steel wire set in a small-hatch diamond pattern. Mesh grilles will be available in Platinum Chrome, Gloss Black and Bright Chrome finishes.
For a bit more subtlety, two versions of the production grille will also be offered with new finishes. Both bright chrome and black chrome grilles are available.
Mopar will also offer a traditional, heritage type egg-grate grille reminiscent of the grille of the 1955 Chrysler 300, the first in a Chrysler 300 letter-car series. All of Mopar’s custom grilles are inserts and easily fit within the original grille-surround with no modifications required. Grilles may be ordered and installed on all new 2011 Chrysler 300 models and carry a 3-year 36,000 mile warranty when purchased with the vehicle.
In addition to grilles, Mopar will also offer six new customized wheel packages for the Chrysler 300. Wheels are available in 18-inch, 19-inch and 20-inch diameters and include an array of finishes.
Included are two different wheels measuring 20-inch x 8-inch with a 10-spoke design that are constructed of forged aluminum. Finishes include Satin Carbon and painted Gloss Black. A traditional five-spoke design, measuring 20-inch x 8-inch clad in Black Chrome will also be available.
On Chrysler 300 models that are equipped with all-wheel drive, a specific 19-inch, eight-spoke, cast-aluminum design is painted in a Satin Carbon finish.
Two five-spoke 18-inch Rallye Wheels will also be offered. Constructed of cast aluminum, the highly polished version includes black pockets and a polished lip and machined spokes. The 18-inch wheel also is offered in a Gloss Black finish. Both finishes are designed to offer durable, corrosion resistant protection.
For additional information, contact your local Chrysler dealer for date availability and pricing information on all Mopar accessories.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
• Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
• Vehicle-information smartphone apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
• Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
• Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to introduce new vehicle tracking system that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on set parameters
• 2011 Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
• WiFi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
• Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
• WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand.
Mopar distributes approximately 280,000 parts and accessories in more than 90 countries and is the source for all original-equipment parts for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Fiat North America vehicles. Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered and tested with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Fiat North America vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at Mopar - Authentic Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram Accessories, Service & Parts
More than 70 Years of Mopar
When Chrysler bought Dodge in 1928, the need for a dedicated parts manufacturer, supplier and distribution system to support the growing enterprise led to the formation of the Chrysler Motor Parts Corporation (CMPC) in 1929.
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked for a line of antifreeze products in 1937. It also was widely used as a moniker for the CMPC. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s—the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use.