Mygig and More - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Mygig and More

Ok, I have a few quick questions. For some reason it is practically impossible to find a Nitro with a mygig system. When I ordered mine from the dealership they even were not able to get it for me. My question is this; if I have a mygig head unit what other parts will I need to complete the install? I am thinking that I will at least need a gps antenna and the navigation dvds but is there anything else? I already have the in dash 6 disk with U-connect and sat. radio, will the vehicle’s factory wiring connect to the mygig unit or is it different.

Question two, is there anyone out there that has a black nitro slt with either 20 or 22 inch black wheels and if so can you send me a pic. I’m considering the upgrade but would like to see what black on black looks like.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:46 PM

Re: Mygig and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspc271
Ok, I have a few quick questions. For some reason it is practically impossible to find a Nitro with a mygig system. When I ordered mine from the dealership they even were not able to get it for me. My question is this; if I have a mygig head unit what other parts will I need to complete the install? I am thinking that I will at least need a gps antenna and the navigation dvds but is there anything else? I already have the in dash 6 disk with U-connect and sat. radio, will the vehicle’s factory wiring connect to the mygig unit or is it different.

Question two, is there anyone out there that has a black nitro slt with either 20 or 22 inch black wheels and if so can you send me a pic. I’m considering the upgrade but would like to see what black on black looks like.

Thanks in advance
You couldn't get it because it's not yet available and rumor has it it won't be until end of January.

I believe you can upgrade to the MyGig dealer installed. But I heard that the voice commands will not be available on a factory upgrade.

That's just what I heard.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 09:43 PM

here is an offical response from Dodge iI got via email today. Does this mean they only way you can get the MyGig system is as a dealer installed accessory?

"The MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System is scheduled to be available in January 2007. The MyGIG system will be available as a dealer-installed Mopar accessory. Please keep in mind that the prices listed on the Mopar website (http://www.mopar.com) are suggested prices so the selling price at your Dodge dealer may vary. Also, these prices do not include additional costs such as labor, installation, etc. See your Parts department at your local Dodge dealer for the most up-to-date information regarding pricing and product availability.

If you would like me to provide you with the contact information for a dealer, or if you have further questions, please feel free to use the reply link below. You may also call us on our toll-free number at 1-800-964-0600. When you call, I can transfer your call directly to your preferred dealer if you wish, providing your call is during the dealer's hours of operation."

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 04:39 PM

I just ordered a fully loaded R/T with MYGig. They way I did it was to order it, knowing it is not available but I struck a great deal with the dealer. I have a DUE BILL. The car is ordered with all top of the line options including what the MY/GIG needs (satellite, hands free, etc) and the top of the line standard stereo. Once MY/GIG is available (January) the dealer is going to swap it out, without added cost. They are also providing a loaner car while it is being installed. All original manufacture warrenty, etc. Try ordering it that way. Mine is being made now and I am STOKED !!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 07:56 PM

I have had a MyGiG system installed in my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Saharia by my Jeep Dealership and we have not been able to get everything to function properly. Any tips on how to complete an install. We can not get the voice feature to work and can not get music files to upload to the hard drive either from a CD or from a USB stick. Also the NAV system is not displaying any maps yet. We are hoping that when we get the GPS antenna in and installed that this may correct this problem. Is there a CDX internet uplink that needs to be performed? What are we missing?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in