Nascar 4/16-17 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Nascar 4/16-17

Talladega Superspeedway

What:Race 8 of 36 on Sprint Cup circuit

Where:Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, AL

When: April 17, 2011 1:19 pm EDT

Laps: 188

Track Length: 2.66 miles

Race Length: 500.00 miles

Records
Date Series Driver Speed

5/10/97 Sprint Cup Race Mark Martin 188.00
4/29/07 Sprint Cup Qualifying Jeff Gordon 192.069
4/20/02 Nationwide Race Jason Keller 158.00
4/21/01 Nationwide Qualifying Joe Nemechek 189.729
10/4/08 Camping World Truck Race Todd Bodine 146.00
10/7/06 Camping World Truck Qualifying Mark Martin 182.320

Sprint Cup Series
Upcoming Race Apr 17
Aaron's 499

Track Facts
Talladega Superspeedway

Banking/Turns: Tri-Oval
Distance: 2.66 miles
Shape: Tri-Oval

Most Cup Wins (since 1975)

Dale Earnhardt: 10

Sprint Cup
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

4/25/10 Aaron's 499 Jimmie Johnson Kevin Harvick Chevrolet $5,982,252
10/31/10 AMP Energy Juice 500 Juan Pablo Montoya Clint Bowyer Chevrolet $5,318,791
4/26/09 Aaron's 499 Juan Pablo Montoya Brad Keselowski Chevrolet $6,149,092
11/1/09 AMP Energy 500 Jimmie Johnson Jamie McMurray Ford $5,492,493
4/27/08 Aaron's 499 Joe Nemechek Kyle Busch Toyota $6,101,309
10/5/08 AMP Energy 500 Travis Kvapil Tony Stewart Toyota $5,453,014
4/29/07 Aaron's 499 Jeff Gordon Jeff Gordon Chevrolet $6,022,630
10/7/07 UAW-Ford 500 Michael Waltrip Jeff Gordon Chevrolet $5,384,639

Talladega Superspeedway
Records
Date Series Driver Speed
5/10/97 Sprint Cup Race Mark Martin 188.00
4/29/07 Sprint Cup Qualifying Jeff Gordon 192.069
4/25/10 Nationwide Race Brad Keselowski 158.00
4/21/01 Nationwide Qualifying Joe Nemechek 189.729
10/4/08 Camping World Truck Race Todd Bodine 146.00
10/7/06 Camping World Truck Qualifying Mark Martin 182.320
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What: Race 7 of 34 on Nationwide circuit
Where:Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, AL

When: April 16, 2011 3:19 pm EDT

Laps:117

Track Length: 2.66 miles

Race Length: 311.00 miles

Nationwide
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

4/25/10 Aaron's 312 Kevin Harvick Brad Keselowski Dodge $1,366,933
4/25/09 Aaron's 312 Ryan Newman David Ragan Ford $1,358,703
4/26/08 Aaron's 312 Tony Stewart Tony Stewart Toyota $1,362,865
4/28/07 Aaron's 312 Brad Coleman Bobby Labonte Chevrolet $1,341,763

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NSCS Race Advance - Talladega

TALLADEGA, Ala. , Apr 12, 2011 - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsport Notes & Quotes
NSCS Race Advance
Aaron's 499
Talladega Superspeedway
Sunday, April 17, 2011

DODGE MOTORSPORTS QUOTE OF THE WEEK

“For us being the only Dodge, we have to go out and carry that banner the best we can, make sure they're being held up to the standard that they need to be and that is comparable with the rest of the group. We have a championship car. We have a championship team. We just need to continue to do that.”
Kurt Busch, No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T

THE DODGE BOYS

· Dodge has 207 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories.

· Dodge’s most recent win came at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Kurt Busch led 252 of 400 laps en route to victory in the 2010 Coca-Cola 600.

· Dodge claimed two Sprint Cup victories in 2010.

· Dodge teams have posted 47 wins since the manufacturer’s return to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.

· Dodge has posted wins each season since its return in 2001 including seven wins twice (2002 and 2006).

DODGE AT TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY

· Richard Brickhouse drove a Dodge to victory in the first Sprint Cup race at Talladega in 1969.

· Dodge has three wins at Talladega: Drivers posting victories in addition to Brickhouse were Richard Petty (1974) and Dave Marcis (1976).

· Dodge has one pole at Talladega since returning to the Sprint Cup Series in 2001 – Stacy Compton in 2001.

· Brad Keselowski is the only current Dodge driver with a win at the 2.66-mile superspeedway in Sprint Cup competition. He won the spring event in 2009, leading only the final lap. The win came before he joined Penske Racing.

DODGE NEWS AND NOTES

· Kurt Busch’s average finish of 13.7 at Talladega Superspeedway is the highest among the Sprint Cup drivers currently in the Top 12 (point standings).

DID YOU KNOW

· Brad Keselowski’s last-lap win at Talladega in 2009 came in his first Sprint Cup restrictor-plate race and only his fifth race driving a Sprint Cup Series car.

· Brad Keselowski led 32 laps last Saturday night at Texas Motor Speedway – a career high in Sprint Cup competition.

· Dodge drivers Kurt Busch, Brad Keselowski and Robby Gordon all led laps last weekend at Texas.

· Kurt Busch has remained in the top five of the Sprint Cup point standings all season.

DODGE HISTORICAL DATA

· First Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win: Lee Petty, 2/1/53, West Palm, Fla., 100 miles, .5-mile track.

· Last Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Win at Talladega Superspeedway: Dave Marcis, 8/8/1976, Talladega 500, 157.547 avg. mph

FROM THE ENGINEER

"If you liked Daytona in February, you ought to really like Talladega this week. The racing at Daytona was on a surface smooth enough that drivers could go flat out all day without the fear of handling issues holding them back. It made for a pretty spectacular day. The good news with Talladega is that it's always been like that. It likely won't be handling issues that drivers will complain about this week. The slickest and most aerodynamic body shape and the best power you can make with your engine, despite the horsepower-robbing restrictor plate, will go a long way in deciding if you're going to be the winner at Talladega."
Howard Comstock, Dodge Motorsports Engineering

FAST FIVE!
The Dodge brand has teamed up with Universal Pictures for a multi-tiered partnership to support the upcoming action-thriller “Fast Five” that will be released in theaters April 29. Promotion elements include a month-long paint scheme on Robby Gordon’s No. 7 Dodge Charger and a Fast Five Sweepstakes where fans have an opportunity to win one of five custom “Fast Five” 2011 Dodge Charger R/T models. As part of the partnership with Robby Gordon Motorsports, the first 200 fans to register at Dodge Motorsports | NASCAR | AMA Supercross | Formula DRIFT | Dodge Viper Cup | NHRA or SPEEDENERGY - Welcome To Speed Energy will receive a special “Fast Five” movie viewing with Robby Gordon on Saturday, April 30, in Richmond, Va. The No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge Charger R/T will be on the track at Talladega Superspeedway and Richmond International Raceway.

INSIDE THE NUMBERS

· In 41 career restrictor plate races, Penske’s Kurt Busch has earned 16 top-five and 25 top-10 finishes including six top-five and 13 top-10 finishes at Talladega Superspeedway.

2011 SPRINT CUP SERIES SEASON BEST

· Kurt Busch Start: 2nd – Phoenix
Finish: 5th – Daytona

· Brad Keselowski Start: 9th – Phoenix
Finish: 15th – Phoenix

· Robby Gordon Start: 30th – Daytona
Finish: 16th – Daytona

TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY BEST

· Kurt Busch Start – Third – 2010 (fall)
Finish – Third – (four times)

· Brad Keselowski Start – Ninth - 2009 (spring)
Finish – Win – 2009 (spring)

Robby Gordon Start – Second – 2002 (spring
Finish – Fifth – 2004 (spring)

DODGE QUOTES

“A couple years back, when we qualified at Talladega and Daytona, we were in the mid 30s. This time around, we were a top-five car. We definitely have changed our program around 180 degrees for restrictor plate races. And I hope that maybe one day I can crack Victory Lane in a points-paying restrictor plate race. We're going to see that same style of draft. The two-car draft is just so potent. I mean, anytime you can tell a race car driver he can go four seconds faster a lap and give him the recipe on how to do it, he's going to go and put it into play, that two-car draft.”
Kurt Busch, No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T

"I'm really looking forward in going to Talladega. We had a great run at this year's Daytona 500. Restrictor plate racing is a bit crazy the way it is right now with the two cars connected together. The closing speeds are so big and in those two-car 'pods', you can only push a guy for so long. It's wild. I look forward in going back to Talladega and finding a dancing partner we can run with. It worked really well with Brad (Keselowski) at the Daytona 500. I expect a good show this weekend for our Fast Five Dodge Charger."
Robby Gordon, No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge

"A lot has happened to me since my Cup win at Talladega in 2009 – so much so that it seems like it has been much longer than two years. I've been able to win the Nationwide Series championship and have moved over to drive the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge. Would any of that have happened without the Talladega win? Probably not. It is, obviously, the biggest win in my career and it validated all my beliefs that I could win at this level, but I'm not one to rest on my laurels. I want to win now and I feel like (crew chief) Paul Wolfe and I are starting to hit on a few things that could put us in position to do just that."
Brad Keselowski, No 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T

Rick

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Race Advance - Talladega

April 13, 2011 , TALLADEGA, Ala. - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance
Aaron's 312
Talladega Superspeedway
Saturday, April 16, 2011

BRAD KESELOWSKI, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T

Career Starts: 145

Wins: 12

Top Fives: 61

Top 10s: 86

Poles: 8

Career Highlights:

· Keselowski is the defending event champion. He led five times for a total of 11 laps en route to his Nationwide win at Talladega last spring.

· The defending NASCAR Nationwide Series champion.

· Earned Penske Racing its first NASCAR champion last season.

· Set career-best results in 2010 in wins (6), top fives (26), top 10s (29) and poles (5).

· Set a NASCAR record 102 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (Did Not Finish) that ended at this year’s season-opening race at Daytona Int’l Speedway.

· First Nationwide victory came at Nashville Superspeedway (2008).

SAM HORNISH JR., No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T

Career Starts: 22

Wins: 0

Top Fives: 0

Top 10s: 0

Poles: 0

Career Highlights:

· Will be making his first Nationwide Series start at Talladega.

· 2011 finishes: Daytona – 36th and Texas – 12th.

· Made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut with Penske Racing at Phoenix Int’l Raceway in the fall of 2006.

DID YOU KNOW

· Brad Keselowski’s last Nationwide win came at Gateway in October (nine races). His last pole came at Michigan in August (18 races).

· Sam Hornish will be making only his third Nationwide start of the season (Daytona & Texas).

· Brad Keselowski will be a guest of the popular SPEED Channel show, “Trackside Live” from Talladega on Friday evening. The show will air at 7 p.m. (ET).

· Hornish finished 16th in last weekend’s NNS race in Texas.

DODGE DRIVER QUOTES
“Last year’s Nationwide Series race at Talladega was one of the most unique races I’ve ever been a part of. The gamut of emotions that I ran through was pretty insane. It went from thinking I wouldn’t be able to even compete, due to the carbon monoxide levels that I was showing following the Cup race, to winning my first race for Penske Racing. We were off to a great start to the season and I remember sitting in the infield care center thinking ‘Well, there goes the championship.’ I should still apologize to everyone in the care center that day because I was pretty upset. But everything worked out and we were able to go to Victory Lane. We took the point lead back that day and never looked back.”
Brad Keselowski
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T

“I love restrictor-plate races because they are very mentally challenging, you are constantly thinking ahead and trying to position yourself to be in the lead draft at the end of the race. They remind me of the 1.5-mile races in the IndyCar Series because many of them came down to making your move at the last possible minute. Our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge should be strong this weekend. Having the opportunity to race two weekends in a row allows me and the crew to get into a rhythm. We’re looking to have a big weekend, although, Talladega has always been a wildcard race and it always will be.”
Sam Hornish Jr.
No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T

Rick

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Severe storm sweeps across Talladega Superspeedway

By PAUL NEWBERRY, 04/15/2011

TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP)—Deadly storms that roared across the South led to the postponement of an ARCA race at Talladega Superspeedway, cut short practice for Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup event and led Juan Pablo Montoya to take cover in the media center.

The track was pounded by heavy rains and wind, and the area was twice under a tornado warning Friday. But there were no reports of serious damage.

NASCAR stars such as Ryan Newman and Matt Kenseth planned to ride out the storms in their luxury motor homes, parked next to the infield garage area.

“In all my times watching the Weather Channel, I’ve never heard of 43 big expensive buses getting destroyed,” Newman said. “I’m going to stick with the odds. I’m staying in my mobile home.”

Montoya was taking no chances. He brought his wife and three young children to the media center, a permanent structure, rather than remain in his home on wheels while the worst of the storm passed through the track.

Talladega officials rescheduled the ARCA race for 8 a.m. CDT time Saturday, hoping to get it in before qualifying for Sunday’s Aaron’s 499.

NATIONWIDE POLE: Elliott Sadler landed the pole for Saturday’s Nationwide race, another big step in his comeback from a disappointing start to the season.

Sadler finished 38th in the season opener at Daytona, and problems at Phoenix and Las Vegas left him with 12th-place finishes.

But he was in the top five at the last three races, and a speed of 179.558 mph gave the former Sprint Cup driver his first pole of the year.

“We are definitely going in the right direction,” Sadler said. “We put ourselves in a huge hole.”

Sadler was a regular on the Cup circuit for a dozen years, winning three times and capturing eight poles. But he lost his ride after last season and dropped down to the Nationwide Series, signing a two-year deal with Kevin Harvick’s lower-division team.

His teammate, Sprint Cup regular Clint Bowyer, joined Sadler on the front row with a speed of 179.373. Two more Cup regulars, Dale Earnhardt Jr. (179.115) and Jamie McMurray (178.560), will be on the second row, while Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne was fifth at 178.427.

WAR EAGLE, FLY DOWN THE TRACK: One car could spark some divided loyalties in Sunday’s Sprint Cup race, and it won’t have anything to do with who’s behind the wheel.

Michael Waltrip will be driving a No. 15 Toyota Camry decked out in Auburn’s blue and orange colors, commemorating the school’s national football championship.

That will certainly draw plenty of cheers in Auburn’s home state, And, of course, a sizable share of boos considering the divided football loyalties in these parts. Hard to imagine many fans of the Alabama Crimson Tide rooting for anyone bearing the Tigers’ logo.

In keep with the Auburn theme, coach Gene Chizik will serve as grand marshal for the race.

MENARD’S NEW RIDE: Paul Menard is off to the best start of his career, taking advantage of his move to the powerful Richard Childress Racing team.

The 30-year-old Wisconsin native has never finished higher than 23rd in the points in four full-time years on the Sprint Cup circuit. But he was able to land a spot at RCR because he had solid sponsorship provided by his father’s chain of home improvement stores.

Menard has capitalized on the chance with a pair of top-five finishes—he came into the year with that many for his entire career—and ranks 11th in the points.

“This is a very cyclical sport,” he said. “It beats you down. There were times where I (doubted) if I could be good enough. But I’ve been racing since I was 8 years old. I’ve won at everything I’ve done. I knew I could do it if I got in the right situation. I’ve had some bad situations and I’ve had some good situations. But this is by far the best opportunity I’ve had.”

BAD COOKING: Carl Edwards has learned not to call out his mom over her culinary skills.

After climbing from his car at Texas last week with an upset stomach, Edwards blamed his mother for preparing a dish that made him ill.

He’s backtracking now.

Big time.

“It turns out, my motor home driver and his wife … they told my mom, ‘We ate the rest of that food and we’re fine. So it wasn’t the food,”’ Edwards said, looking a bit embarrassed. “I had to apologize to my mom. But I really thought that’s what it was.”

Well, at least there’s been some fringe benefits for his mother.

“She thought it was pretty funny,” Edwards said. “She won’t have to cook for anybody anytime soon. She’s been offering to cook for people and they’re like, ‘Uh, no, that’s OK.”’

Rick

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
2011 NSCS Aaron’s 499 Q & A with Dodge Motorsports Driver, Kurt Busch

April 15, 2011 Press Releases,Sprint Cup Series

KURT BUSCH (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T)

TALK ABOUT RACING IN TALLADEGA? “We’re definitely pumped up with what we did at Daytona earlier this year. We have the same car that we won the (Budweiser) Shootout with. Just this two-car style of draft, we feel like we’ve done an excellent job of improving our car, making sure that we get the best benefit that we can out of this two-car draft. It really gets down to survival. You have to position yourself well and not get caught up in any of the wrecks that could come about. (You have to) position yourself well at the end of the race. We feel like we have a good game plan. I’m really trying to break through and get a points-paying restrictor plate win. I’ve been trying for 10, 11 years now. We’ve been close many times and I’m ready to trade in any of the speed that we have in the car for luck. I think sometimes you’d rather be lucky than good.”

TALK ABOUT THE VISION PROBLEMS YOU HAVE WHILE IN THE TWO-CAR DRAFT? HOW WILL IT PLAY OUT HERE AT TALLADEGA VERSUS DAYTONA? “I think that it will be more difficult here because we’re going to have that many more lanes of traffic. When you’re pushing and you can’t see what’s in front of you. There’s now going to be five lanes of choices and you don’t know if you’re going to shoot for the middle hole or two-thirds of the way up or two-fifths of the way up. With five lanes to choose from, you really have to trust the guy in front of you to guide you through the different holes and not close in too quickly and make an abrupt move.”

AFTER DAYTONA, YOU SAID THAT YOU WERE AGAINST DRIVERS COMMUNICATING WITH EACH OTHER? DO YOU STILL FEEL THE SAME? “I feel like we had a pretty good Speedweeks with the plan that we had in place. I’ve got a great spotter – Chris Osborne – up on top of the tower. He gives me the set of eyes that I need to see everything around me. The way that my crew chief communicates to others on pit road on when we need to pit or whom we’re going to team up with, Steve Addington does a great job there as well. We’re going to stick to our game plan. I don’t know what others are going to do. Should we be on others radio? It’s everybody’s opinion. We’re going to stick with our game plan.

“I feel like the teams that we should be communicating with are right there in Penske Racing and that’s who we need to communicate with. Then you have opportunities to team up with others off one yellow (flag) and then you’re lined up next to others (on the next yellow) and you never know who it’s going to be. We just want to keep our game plan the same and that’s to use commitments that you have made already and not try and get too wrapped up in driving someone else’s car from their radio.”

CAN YOU CLARIFY IF YOU CAN COMMUNICATE WITH BRAD AND HIS SPOTTER DURING A RACE? “Yes. We have their frequency of our radio. If we need to jump over them or they need to jump over to us, we can communicate in that fashion. The way that we like to do it is communicate without saying a word, make it happen, figure things out on the race track. It’s how we do it every other race and that’s to make sure that both Penske cars have the best finish that we can. You do that by working together and having respect for each other out on the race track.”

TALK ABOUT THE MENTAL CHALLENGE OF RACING AT TALLADEGA? “It’s a challenge to know who’s got the speed and who you want to team up with. When you’re the lead car or the pushing car, there are different responsibilities that come up. And then there are green-flag pits stops where you don’t want to slide any of the tires because you’re most likely just putting fuel in the car. It’s just a different race. There’s not much of the physical demand here. The game is how well you can draft and how well you’ve partnered with your friends out on the track. At the same time, you’re still running cautious trying to make sure to stay out of a wreck that shows up.”

- Darnell Communications for Dodge Motorsports, Press Release

Rick

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
NASCAR Qualifying

Last Updated: Saturday, Apr 16, 2011 1:36 am, EDT
Aaron's 312
Talladega Superspeedway

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed

1 Elliott Sadler (2) Chevrolet 179.558
2 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 179.373
3 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (7) Chevrolet 179.115
4 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 178.560
5 Trevor Bayne (16) Ford 178.427
6 Carl Edwards (60) Ford 178.297
7 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 178.089
8 Michael Annett (62) Toyota 178.059
9 Jason Leffler (38) Chevrolet 178.042
10 Aric Almirola (88) Chevrolet 178.039
11 Kevin Harvick (4) Chevrolet 178.039
12 Sam Hornish Jr. (12) Dodge 178.019
13 Reed Sorenson (32) Chevrolet 178.016
14 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (6) Ford 178.012
15 James Buescher (30) Chevrolet 177.883
16 Brad Keselowski (22) Dodge 177.748
17 Justin Allgaier (31) Chevrolet 177.745
18 Steve Wallace (66) Toyota 177.629
19 Kenny Wallace (09) Toyota 177.323
20 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 176.960
21 Tim George Jr. (21) Chevrolet 176.829
22 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 176.826
23 Brian Scott (11) Toyota 176.796
24 Michael Waltrip (99) Toyota 176.282
25 Eric McClure (14) Chevrolet 176.243
26 Robert Richardson Jr. (23) Dodge 175.074
27 Mike Wallace (01) Chevrolet 175.029
28 Mike Harmon (174) Chevrolet 174.965
29 Mike Bliss (19) Chevrolet 174.796
30 Jeff Green (44) Chevrolet 174.321
31 Dodge 174.008 Donnie Neuenberger (81)
32 Blake Koch (182) Dodge 173.812

33 Jennifer Jo Cobb (141) Ford 173.667
34 Timmy Hill (15) Ford 173.444
35 Scott Wimmer (40) Chevrolet 173.444
36 Danny Efland (52) Chevrolet 173.356
37 Carl Long (168) Ford 173.290
38 Derrike Cope (28) Chevrolet 173.124
39 Josh Wise (39) Ford 173.108
40 Morgan Shepherd (89) Chevrolet 173.089
41 Jeremy Clements (51) Chevrolet 172.569
42 Tim Andrews (79) Ford 172.063
43 Dennis Setzer (49) Chevrolet 170.288

Rick

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
NASCAR Qualifying

Last Updated: Saturday, Apr 16, 2011 2:48 pm, EDT
Aaron's 499

Talladega Superspeedway

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed

1 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 178.248
2 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 177.844
3 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 177.807
4 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 177.765
5 Paul Menard (27) Chevrolet 177.702
6 Landon Cassill (09) Chevrolet 177.685
7 David Ragan (6) Ford 177.438
8 Kurt Busch (22) Dodge 177.379
9 Brian Vickers (83) Toyota 177.369
10 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 177.353
11 Trevor Bayne (21) Ford 177.353
12 Michael Waltrip (115) Toyota 177.317
13 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 177.182
14 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 177.143
15 Bobby Labonte (47) Toyota 177.120
16 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 177.087
17 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 177.074
18 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 177.061
19 Brad Keselowski (2) Dodge 177.032
20 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 177.006
21 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 176.872
22 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 176.695
23 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 176.659
24 Marcos Ambrose (9) Ford 176.575
25 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 176.519
26 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 176.477
27 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 176.461
28 Travis Kvapil (38) Ford 176.425
29 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 176.370
30 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 176.347
31 Kasey Kahne (4) Toyota 176.298
32 Kevin Conway (97) Toyota 176.195
33 Steve Park (135) Chevrolet 176.162
34 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 175.939
35 Dave Blaney (36) Chevrolet 175.806
36 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 175.410
37 Andy Lally (71) Ford 175.349
38 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 175.154
39 David Gilliland (34) Ford 175.134
40 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 174.595
41 Terry Labonte (32) Ford 174.271
42 Sam Hornish Jr. (7) Dodge -
43 Bill Elliott (46) Chevrolet 169.983
44 Mike Skinner (60) DNQ 175.090
45 Tony Raines (37) DNQ 175.000
46 Michael McDowell (66) DNQ 174.840

Rick

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Dodge Motorsports, 2011 NSCS Aaron’s 499 Post-Qualifying Recaps

Posted By Press Release On April 16, 2011 @ 2:35 pm

KURT BUSCH [3] (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T) Qualified Eighth
“A pretty good qualifying run for our Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger. It was a good solid run and I’m really happy with the gains that we’ve made since Daytona with our restrictor plate program. Lot’s of hard work has gone into this car for Talladega. You have to give the credit to the guys who build these cars back in the shop. They’re the ones who put in all the time and effort to give us the best cars and engines. Our Penske Dodges drafted well together yesterday in practice. Brad and I had success back in February at Daytona when we were able to hook up together. It’s a long race. We have to be good on pit road. We have to be patient and pick and choose our times to make moves. Most importantly, it’s about being there at the end of the race to have a shot at a win. I feel like I’m due at one of these restrictor plate races. I said earlier in the week that I’d rather be lucky than good tomorrow. We’ll just have to see what happens.”

BRAD KESELOWSKI [4] (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T) Qualified 19th
“I think that our Dodges are really fast. These restrictor plate races are just so tough to predict. Speed doesn’t always mean everything here. How your car works in the draft is really important. Kurt (Busch) and I hooked-up yesterday for a bit before the rain came in and seem to run really good. Tomorrow is a whole different day with 43 cars out on the track. You have to put yourself in the right position at the right time and try not to make any mistakes while you’re heading to the finish line. With a couple of good breaks, you might be able to find yourself in victory lane.”

*SAM HORNISH JR (No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge Charger R/T [5]) Qualified 43rd
“The Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge was pretty good. Robby (Gordon) asked me to qualify the car for him and I wanted to be a good Dodge teammate and help him out. The car felt good in practice yesterday. The car seemed to push well and get pushed pretty decent. It was nice to get inside a Cup car again and run some laps. It was also cool to get out and run some laps before the Nationwide [6] race this afternoon. My Alliance Truck Parts Dodge is plenty fast. I feel like we have a great car for this afternoon – probably a top-five car. We just need to stay out of trouble and be there at the end of the race.”

* Sam Hornish Jr. qualified the No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge Charger R/T for Robby Gordon

- Darnell Communications for Dodge Motorsports, Press Release

Rick

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Saturday, Apr 16, 2011 8:01 pm, EDT
Aaron's 312

Talladega Superspeedway

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 47/4 124 4 $42,345 Chart
2 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 42/0 124 0 $31,650 Chart
3 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 42/1 124 4 $41,093 Chart
4 Brad Keselowski (22) Dodge 41/1 124 14 $25,900 Chart
5 Elliott Sadler (2) Chevrolet 40/1 124 8 $36,643 Chart
6 Trevor Bayne (16) Ford 40/2 124 23 $27,593 Chart
7 Justin Allgaier (31) Chevrolet 37/0 124 0 $25,668 Chart
8 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (7) Chevrolet 37/1 124 16 $18,900 Chart
9 Reed Sorenson (32) Chevrolet 36/1 124 6 $24,393 Chart
10 Aric Almirola (88) Chevrolet 35/1 124 2 $25,118 Chart
11 Brian Scott (11) Toyota 33/0 124 0 $24,518 Chart
12 Scott Wimmer (40) Chevrolet 32/0 124 0 $17,550 Chart
13 Sam Hornish Jr. (12) Dodge 32/1 124 2 $17,775 Chart
14 Timmy Hill (15) Ford 30/0 124 0 $25,168 Chart
15 Jason Leffler (38) Chevrolet 29/0 124 0 $24,218 Chart
16 Blake Koch (182) Dodge 28/0 124 0 $18,450 Chart
17 Carl Edwards (60) Ford 28/1 124 3 $17,050 Chart
18 Mike Wallace (01) Chevrolet 27/1 124 6 $23,193 Chart
19 Michael Annett (62) Toyota 25/0 122 0 $23,068 Chart
20 Donnie Neuenberger (81) Dodge 24/0 121 0 $23,668 Chart
21 Danny Efland (52) Chevrolet 23/0 121 0 $16,300 Chart
22 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 23/1 120 2 $16,700 Chart
23 James Buescher (30) Chevrolet 21/0 118 0 $22,868 Chart
24 Jeremy Clements (51) Chevrolet 20/0 110 0 $22,318 Chart
25 Kenny Wallace (09) Toyota 20/1 109 2 $22,793 Chart
26 Eric McClure (14) Chevrolet 18/0 109 0 $22,018 Chart
27 Derrike Cope (28) Chevrolet 18/1 104 1 $22,293 Chart
28 Robert Richardson Jr. (23) Dodge 17/1 103 1 $21,768 Chart
29 Dennis Setzer (70) Chevrolet 15/0 100 0 $21,618 Chart
30 Morgan Shepherd (89) Chevrolet 14/0 98 0 $21,693 Chart
31 Josh Wise (39) Ford 13/0 92 0 $21,343 Chart
32 Steve Wallace (66) Toyota 12/0 88 0 $21,268 Chart
33 Michael Waltrip (99) Toyota 11/0 87 0 $21,228 Chart
34 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 11/1 87 20 $14,975 Chart
35 Mike Bliss (19) Chevrolet 9/0 87 0 $21,158 Chart
36 Tim George Jr. (21) Chevrolet 8/0 87 0 $14,630 Chart
37 Jennifer Jo Cobb (141) Ford 7/0 87 0 $14,595 Chart
38 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (6) Ford 7/1 68 6 $21,028 Chart
39 Kevin Harvick (4) Chevrolet 6/1 21 4 $14,525 Chart
40 Mike Harmon (174) Chevrolet 4/0 11 0 $14,425 Chart
41 Tim Andrews (79) Ford 3/0 4 0 $14,380 Chart
42 Carl Long (168) Ford 2/0 2 0 $14,345 Chart
43 Jeff Green (44) Chevrolet 1/0 1 0 $14,284 Chart

Rick

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Race Final - Talladega

TALLADEGA, Ala. , Apr 16, 2011 - Saturday, April 16, 2011

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T) Finished Fourth
“What a wild day. That’s what Talladega is known for. We were in position at the end with Joe (Nemechek). We did everything right today. It was great running with him and I thought that we had a shot at the win. We just didn’t get it. I hope Mike Wallace is OK. I saw a heck of a wreck in my mirror. I’m proud of my team. They gave me a great car with incredible speed. This Discount Tire Dodge is fast. I had a great run with my teammate Sam Hornish. I felt like we could really do something special there at the end of the race when we got hooked up and made a move to the front. That one deal was bad when his rear bumper cover came loose and I spun him out. I wish we could have gotten back together because he had a fast Dodge. Just a great day for us at Penske Racing; a solid finish (fourth-place) that’s for sure.”

WHAT HAPPEN WITH THE INCIDENT WITH HORNISH? “The rear bumper cover blew off and when that happens, you just can’t drive the cars and when I touched him, he just spun out. It was a tough deal for Sam, that’s for sure. His Dodge was really fast and he could drive straight up to the front of the field. We were great in the draft together and if not for his spin, we may have put our Dodge’s 1-2 at the end. A tough deal for him for sure. He deserved a better finish.”

HOW CAN THESE CARS GET SO BEAT UP AND YET GUYS CAN DRIVE STRAIGHT BACK TO THE FRONT? “It’s just that big hole in that air. Kyle (Busch) made a great move at the end of the race. He probably wouldn’t have been able to hold the lead with the damage that he had, that’s why I feel confident that Joe (Nemechek) or I could have won the race if it finished (stayed green) out.”

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS AGAIN TOMORROW? “Yes. I’ll get a good night’s rest and something to eat. It’s a lot of fun out there.”

SAM HORNISH JR. (No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T) Finished 13th
“Our Dodge Challenger was really fast. Unfortunately, we got a little visibility for our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge that we weren’t looking for when we got turned around a couple of times today. It was tough racing out there. I thought we had a really good car and had an opportunity to win if we put ourselves in the right position. I made a mistake on the next to last restart and didn’t get us where we needed to be and was stuck behind some slow cars for the last restart. Thirteenth isn’t where we should have been today, but better than it appeared early in the race (lap 45) when we got turned around down the front stretch.

“The car was really good. I couldn’t ask for anything more out of our Dodge Challenger. We had good speed. The car handled well. We were able to push well and receive a push well. I’ve got to thank Chad “Walter, crew chief) and all the guys that work on the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger. We had a super fast car. If they keep building race cars like that for us and we keep coming back here, we’re going to get it to victory lane.”

TRAVIS GEISLER (Director of Competition, Penske Racing)
“It was a tremendous effort by a group (No. 12 team) that doesn’t get to go racing every week. Normally, when things go wrong, those teams tend to buckle under the pressure, but not this team. This group here, the Alliance Truck parts Dodge team with Chad Walter the crew chief and Sam (Hornish Jr.) driving, it a good group. They worked their butts off this weekend and kept putting themselves back in position to win the race. Unfortunately, we couldn’t get it done with either of our cars, but we were up front all day with these Dodges. We had two cars capable of winning.”

Rick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in