NASCAR 9/16-18 (Fri/Sat & Sun) - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Exclamation NASCAR 9/16-18 (Fri/Sat & Sun)

Chicagoland Speedway

Records
Date Series Driver Speed

7/10/10 Sprint Cup Race David Reutimann 145.00
7/10/05 Sprint Cup Qualifying Jimmie Johnson 188.147
7/10/09 Nationwide Race Joey Logano 147.00
7/9/05 Nationwide Qualifying Ryan Newman 186.438
8/27/10 Camping World Truck Race Kyle Busch 133.00
8/27/10 Camping World Truck Qualifying Todd Bodine 173.840

Fast Five 225
Chicagoland Speedway

What: Race 18 of 25 on Camping World Truck circuit
Where: Chicagoland Speedway, Joliet, IL
When: FRIDAY September 16, 2011 8:19 pm EDT SPEED
Laps: 150
Track Length: 1.5 miles
Race Length: 225.00 miles

Camping World Truck
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse

8/27/10 EnjoyIllinois.com 225 Todd Bodine Kyle Busch Toyota $608,503
8/28/09 EnjoyIllinois.com 225 Matt Crafton Kyle Busch Toyota $620,714

Dollar General 300 Powered By Coca-Cola
Chicagoland Speedway

What: Race 28 of 34 on Nationwide circuit
When: SATURDAY September 17, 2011 3:46 pm EDT ESPN2
Laps: 200
Race Length: 300.00 miles

Nationwide

6/4/11 STP 300 Aric Almirola Justin Allgaier Chevrolet $1,188,087
7/9/10 Dollar General 300 Powered By Coca-Cola Kevin Harvick Kyle Busch Toyota $1,464,877
7/10/09 Dollar General 300 Powered By Coca-Cola Carl Edwards Joey Logano Toyota $1,564,633
7/11/08 Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola David Reutimann Kyle Busch Toyota $1,567,738
7/14/07 USG Durock 300 Denny Hamlin Kevin Harvick Chevrolet $1,544,672

Chase for the Sprint Cup
GEICO 400
Chicagoland Speedway

What: Race 27 of 36 on Sprint Cup circuit
When: SUNDAY September 18, 2011 2:14 pm EDT ESPN
Laps: 267
Race Length: 401.00 miles

Sprint Cup

7/10/10 LifeLock.com 400 Jamie McMurray David Reutimann Toyota $6,012,504
7/11/09 LifeLock.com 400 Brian Vickers Mark Martin Chevrolet $6,182,706
7/12/08 LifeLock.com 400 Kyle Busch Kyle Busch Toyota $6,134,923
7/15/07 USG Sheetrock 400 Casey Mears Tony Stewart Chevrolet $6,056,938

Most Cup Wins (since 1975)

Tony Stewart: 2
Kevin Harvick: 2

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Busch & Keselowski Teleconference Transcript
September 13, 2011 , AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -
Dodge Motorsports PR
Dodge Motorsports Teleconference
Chase Preview
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Transcript

KURT BUSCH (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T) YOU ARE THE 2004 SPRINT CUP SERIES CHAMPION. TALK ABOUT WHAT THAT MEANS AND YOUR THOUGHTS HEADING INTO THE SIXTH CHASE OF YOUR CAREER. “Well, I feel like this is one of the best opportunities I’ve had to shoot at the championship again since 2004 with the strong runs that we’ve had recently and just the full year of success with our Shell/Pennzoil Dodge. We’ve put together a great regular season of 26 races. We have the one win out in Sonoma and most importantly we’ve had the consistency because we’ve been in the top-10 in points all season long. So it’s time to use some of those strengths for the next 10 weeks.”

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T) YOU’RE THE NUMBER ONE WILD CARD HEADING INTO THE CHASE. IN YOUR LAST SEVEN RACES, YOU HAVE TWO WINS, FOUR TOP-FIVES AND SEVEN TOP-12 FINISHES. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS AS YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST-CAREER CHASE TO THE SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP? “Well, very similar to Kurt. I feel very lucky to have a fast race car and some consistency. I feel like this is, you know, obviously not just a privilege to be in our first Chase but a privilege to have a good team heading into it on my side. So I feel really fortunate to have both Penske Dodges up there and making a strong run for it. I really think both of us are somewhat the underdogs of this Chase coming in. I feel like we’ve got what it takes to collectively give ‘em a good run for their money for it and wouldn’t be surprised at all if one of us were able to pull it off.”

BUSCH: AS A FORMER CHAMPION, WHAT KIND OF ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE SOMEONE LIKE BRAD WHO IS GOING INTO HIS FIRST CHASE? “Well you just can’t get too excited. You just have to treat it like it’s a regular 10 races, like the first race when we were here in Chicago, this weekend. It’s like we’re heading to Daytona. It’s the first race of the year and you want to build off your solid points base and not get too excited. Treat it like a regular race. But Brad’s a champion; Brad’s won the Nationwide championship before. He knows how to run through a stretch of races that puts you up in the top spot.”

KESELOWSKI: HOW DO YOU THINK THAT CHAMPIONSHIP LAST YEAR IN THE NATIONWIDE SERIES WILL HELP PREPARE YOU GOING INTO THESE NEXT 10 RACES? “Well obviously you know when you can make a run for the championship in a previous setting it’s going to be helpful. I think the biggest thing that’s helped me is just the last 10 weeks. The last 10 weeks of having to fight hard just to make the Chase. I know some people think you might get drained while trying to do that but we would disagree. I think it’s been a good starting point or warming up point for the Chase and I’m super-excited about it. I think we’ve handled it very well and if we can just recreate the last 10 weeks that we’ve had we’ll be in the top two or three. I know that sounds really easy but that’s my mindset going into it.”

BUSCH: YOU HAD A COUPLE ONTRACK RUN-INS WITH JIMMIE JOHNSON SATURDAY NIGHT AT RICHMOND, SAID SOME THINGS ABOUT HIM AFTER THE RACE, BUT YOU AND HE SPOKE BRIEFLY ON THE STAGE. WHERE DO YOU AND JIMMIE STAND HEADING INTO THIS WEEKEND? “Well we talked about it afterwards and we don’t need to continue to wreck race cars but we do need to continue to put on a good show. I mean, that’s what our fans buy the tickets for and they want to see a genuine rivalry between drivers but we’ve got our work cut out for us in this Chase and the focus of 10 weeks. There’s 12 drivers in this Chase, not just one other guy and we just need to stick to our guns on what’s got us to this point and that’s consistency. So for him and I, we’re going to continue to race hard with each other but we know it’s championship time now.”

YOU’VE BEEN IN A CHASE WITH TEAMMATES AND WITHOUT TEAMMATES. HOW MUCH DOES THAT MATTER IF AT ALL? “I like it with teammates in the Chase because everybody is working hard together and you have somebody pushing you along that keeps you on your toes. When you’re out there on your own, you feel like you’re somewhat running around on an island trying to find the right way. With teammates in there though, you know, you want to push each other hard and you want to communicate the right way and so you have to look at it as working together six days out of the week and then you go race on the seventh.”

KESELOWSKI: WHEN YOU LOOK BACK AT THAT SHOT THAT YOU GOT IN DALE [EARNHARDT] JR.’S NAVY CAR, WHAT AMOUNTED TO LIKE A TRYOUT AT THAT POINT, HOW BIG OF AN OPPORTUNITY WAS THAT FOR YOU? HOW MUCH PRESSURE WAS THERE AT THAT TIME? “That’s a good question. There was a lot of pressure there. Quite honestly, I look back earlier at launching my career and think about how much harder they were than what this is. To me this is a cakewalk. I mean, I know it’s not going to be easy to win the Chase but from a pressure standpoint I really don’t feel any. I felt pressure when I got the opportunities to drive for Dale Jr., to drive for Rick [Hendrick], and drive for Roger Penske and Miller Lite. That was the pressure to me, was kind of proving that we belong. And I think of the last two weeks and hopefully the last two seasons that I’ve been able to somewhat prove that. And now it’s out there just doing what we do, trying to get a nice smooth rhythm just like Kurt talked about. I still have a lot to prove, don’t get me wrong, but the hardest pressure point was trying to prove that I even deserved a shot, so very thankful for the opportunities that I have now and hopefully, like you said, those moments are what will make me even more prepared for this moment here.”

BUSCH: CAN YOU TALK IN GENERAL ABOUT HANDLING THE PRESSURES OF THE CHASE? DOES A DRIVER FEEL MORE PRESSURE DURING THE CHASE THAN DURING THE REGULAR SEASON? “Well everything is amped up with these final 10 races. Just your focus, the intensity; every position on the track counts but at the same time you have to be more focused to be calm and to understand that this is a 10-week battle and that it can be lost at any moment but yet you’re trying to piece together the little things that make a difference to round up top-fives every week. We go to Chicago, which is a good track for us with the mile-and-a-half program that we’ve established this year and you take it one race at a time. All-in-all, it’s just a matter of just going with the breeze and making sure that you’re not thinking about it too much.”

DOES STARTING THE CHASE ON A MILE-AND-A-HALF TRACK COMPARED TO MAYBE A FLAT MILE TRACK AT NEW HAMPSHIRE LESSEN THE CHASE OF DRIVERS GETTING INTO EACH OTHER AND RETALEATING AND HAVING ALL THAT KIND OF STUFF? “Having a mile-and-a-half to start, yeah, it’s a high-speed track and you don’t have the short confines like you do at New Hampshire but week two, it’s New Hampshire. It doesn’t matter where the Chase starts, you just got to get out there and race.”

KESELOWSKI: THIS IS YOUR FIRST CHASE AND ALSO PAUL WOLFE’S [KESELOWSKI’S CREW CHIEF] FIRST CHASE. DO YOU THINK THAT PUTS YOU GUYS AT ANY DISADVANTAGE GOING UP AGAINST THE MORE EXPERIENCED DRIVERS AND CREW CHIEFS? “It’s definitely Paul Wolfe’s first shot at it. The experience is sort of going to be advantage; it’s just a matter of how much. But I think if you look at it over the last two years, what it takes to win the Chase over the last few years has changed dramatically each and every year, as far as what numbers you need to put up and so forth and how the car’s driving. Heck, even this year, just the points system itself. I think, you know, you just got to keep it simple in some ways. Sometimes it’s easier to keep it simple when you just don’t know any better. We don’t know any better which might just be an advantage.”

BUSCH: YOUR LITTLE BROTHER STARTS THE CHASE ON TOP OF THE STANDINGS. IN PAST YEARS THERE HAVE BEEN SOME MECHANICAL ISSUES HERE AND THERE, BUT WHAT IS YOUR PERSPECTIVE ON WHY KYLE HAS BEEN SO GOOD IN THE REGULAR SEASON AND HAD HIS PROBLEMS IN THE CHASE? “He’s poised this year to do really well with his stats. He’s got most laps led this season. When you’re leading laps that means you’re up front and you’re going to end up with a top-five type of day. You said it, mechanical issues or getting caught up in the wreck at Talladega, just off the wall things have happened to him in the Chase and I think this year is his best shot.”

A LOT WAS MADE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE RACE WITH YOU CONFRONTING A COUPLE OF REPORTERS. HAVE YOU HAD TIME TO GO BACK AND LOOK AND REFLECT ON THAT AND WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED? “Well I feel like with the great regular season like we had and to battle back to finish fifth at Richmond, knowing that we had a well documented type of issue from the Richmond race in May, I was ready to celebrate. And to come away with a top-five and then have to answer questions about being dumped deliberately, it was taking the focus away from where I thought the season should have been recognized for. So I’ve apologized to those two guys, the individuals, and the way that we do this moving forward is that we’re worried about racing and that’s what needs to be written about.”

KESELOWSKI: YOU’RE STARTING FURTHUR BACK IN THE CHASE BUT DO YOU FEEL LIKE NINE, 10, 11 OR 12 HAVE JUST AS GOOD OF A CHANCE TO WINNING THIS THING AS KYLE BUSCH AND THE GUYS UP FRONT? “I’m not sure that all of us have an equal shot. But I can’t speak for Dale and I guess it’d be Tony [Stewart] and I guess, was it [Denny] Hamlin that came in 12th? I can’t speak for all of them but I can speak for our team and I feel like we have a realistic shot. I know there’s never been a team that’s been in the back half of the points that’s really been a contender for it but we’ve been able to break conventional wisdom earlier this year and I see no reason why we can’t do the same this time around.”

KYLE BUSCH SAID YOU WERE HIS DARK HORSE PICK FOR THE CHASE. ARE YOU COMFORTABLE BEING THE DARK HORSE PICK FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR? “I mean, more than comfortable. I think we’ve earned it with the last few weeks, at least what you would consider a dark horse. Again, this doesn’t give us anything. Nobody is going to give us anything. There’s still a lot to do and a lot to prove but, you know I don’t see any reason why we can’t be a contender, both of the Penske Dodges with Kurt and I. I feel really good about the direction we’re heading. That’ll be interesting to see, how we start the Chase, but I’m even more excited about the potential for how we’re going to finish the Chase with some of the things that we’re doing at Penske Racing. We’ve got to get off on the right foot and I think we can finish it even stronger.”

ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS EXPERIENCE, YOUR FIRST CHASE? “Absolutely. It’s an honor just to be in the Chase. I’ll never forget being able to take that picture on the stage with all the guys that have made the Chase. Most of those guys have been in the Chase, I think all of ‘em have been in the Chase multiple times, so it’s quite an honor to be on that stage with them and to be sharing the spotlight. And again, that doesn’t mean that I’m not still hungry. I still got a lot more to prove and looking forward to the opportunity to prove it. I’m certainly honored to be in the Chase. It’s a huge accomplishment in this sport.”

BUSCH: BEFORE THE SEASON A LOT OF PEOPLE WERE KIND OF DISMISSING PENSKE’S CHANCES BECAUSE YOU WERE TWO TEAMS, DODGE DIDN’T HAVE A LOT OF TEAMS. HAVING PUT BOTH CARS IN THE CHASE, DO YOU OR THE TEAM OR THE GUYS AT THE SHOP TAKE A LITTLE EXTRA PRIDE IN HAVING PROVED SOME SKEPTICS WRONG THIS SEASON? “This is a fantastic season thus far and had our employee appreciation day on Monday this week. You really got to see the heart and soul of our team knowing that we are the only two Dodges out there and we put both of ‘em in the Chase. It’s a banner that we carry proudly and its nice that we’re being recognized for not necessarily being the underdogs to get two guys in but you know we are the only Dodge team out there. So we are ready to go. We’re poised with our cars and equipment, our crew guys. Everybody is pumped up to see that Brad has, you know, just lit the place up on this summer stretch. And for us with our consistency, we’ve shown that strength. So we look really good going into this Chase.”

DO YOU SEE THE NEW POINTS SYSTEM HAVING ANY SORT OF IMPACT ON THE CHASE THAN THE OLD POINTS SYSTEM HAD? “It can and yet I still think, though, that it’ll be about the same. I believe if you have a bad day, it’s really going to hurt ya with this new system. The other thing that’s obvious to me is if you’re trying to go and get those bonus points for leading laps, before you’d lead a lap and get five points and if you did that at each race that would add up to 50 points. Now if you go push hard and try to lead a lap at every race, that’s only 10 points. Ten positions can be lost on pit road at one any given moment. And so it doesn’t pay well to try to push hard and lead laps. I think it’s just going to be a matter of finishing strong each week and not to have those bad races.”

AWAY FROM THE CAR YOU’RE A VERY MILD MANNERED GUY, NICE TO TALK TO AND EASY GOING. IT’S INTERESTING TO SEE RACE CAR DRIVERS WHO HAVE THAT BLOOD BOILING WHICH IS PART OF RACING UP ON THE WHEEL. WHERE IS THE PART WHERE IF YOU TAKE THAT DOWN YOU SORT OF LOSE WHAT YOU COULD DO BEHIND THE WHEEL BY NOT HAVING YOUR BLOOD BOIL AT THE WRONG TIME? SOME DRIVERS FEEL IF YOU TAKE THAT AWAY YOU LOSE WHAT YOU WERE GOOD AT BEHIND THE WHEEL? “I would say that my tenacity on the track is definitely one that matches having that desire and that fire in the belly to be the best and to go out there and to race to win and to get the best finish each day. That drive from within has drivers seeing red sometimes and I’m one that’s guilty of that but I think I race better when I have anger. It just drives me to be my best and then you just have to snap out of it right after the race because you’re coming back into the regular world. A lot of people don’t see what drivers see through the windshield and what it takes to be successful.”

HOW MUCH ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE THAT DOWN OR LEARN HOW TO DO THAT? “Well you can’t drive the car at a hundred and one percent every lap. You’ll end up busting your rear end. You’re going to drive at a nice pace that the car will give you the best results and at the end of the day you’ve got to bring home that trophy or get the best finish that you can no matter what goes against you.”

HOW HARD IS THAT TO LEARN TO DO? “It’s something that’s an on going battle for me. I just go out there and try to do my job to get the best finish and my team knows that I’m never going to lay down behind the wheel.”

KESELOWSKI: THERE WAS A REALLY NICE STORY IN [TUESDAY’S EDITION] OF USA TODAY. DID YOU LOOK AT IT? WHAT IS YOUR PERSPECTIVE ON THAT ATTENTION? “It was amazing. I think those that know me very well know that I love following that kind of stuff, whether it’s not just myself, obviously, but I love following sport and love reading the news and so forth and being a part of things like the USA Today and felt very honored to have an opportunity to be a part of it and to be on the front page. That’s really cool. I’m sure my Mom will send me a copy of it framed or something cool like that. She’s all about that kind of stuff. It’s very cool. I feel very lucky and very humbled and honored at the same time. Now I just got to keep it up, gotta keep digging hard and prove that we deserve it, prove that we can make something of the opportunity that we have and the recognition that we’ve been getting.”

WE KEEP HEARING UNDERDOG, WE KEEP HEARING DARK HORSE BUT YOU’RE CARRYING A LOT OF MOMENTUM GOING INTO THE CHASE. DO YOU KIND OF PRIVATELY THINK THAT MAYBE THE OTHERS MIGHT SEE YOU AS A DRIVER TO BEAT IN THE CHASE? “I’m sure that there are probably a few that are a little more nervous about us than what they are willing to let on but that’s okay. I don’t mind, like I say, going into this somewhat quiet but I haven’t done a good job of keeping quiet about it, but I don’t mind going into it with somewhat of a quiet demeanor with low expectations because, you know, it just takes the pressure off my whole team. I’m kind of glad, to be honest, that we’re not getting a lot of push for a lot of credit, in some ways. You know, I want my guys to get credit, don’t get me wrong, but I want to get credit for doing the job in the Chase, not before it ever starts and being under pressure. I enjoy not having the pressure and I think it’s good for my whole team. It makes it a lot easier for everybody.”

Rick

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NSCS Race Advance - Chicagoland
September 13, 2011 , JOLIET, Ill. - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes
NSCS Race Advance
Geico 400
Chicagoland Speedway
Sunday, Sept. 18, 2011

DODGE IN THE CHASE
· Dodge is making its seventh appearance in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup and has six wins in Chase races.
· Kurt Busch is making his fourth Chase appearance driving a Dodge and sixth overall.
· Brad Keselowski is making his first appearance in the Chase for the Sprint Cup. Keselowski is the sixth different Dodge driver to make the Chase (Jeremy Mayfield, Ryan Newman, Rusty Wallace, Kasey Kahne and Kurt Busch).
· The last time two Penske Racing Dodges qualified for the Chase to the Sprint Cup was in 2005 with Rusty Wallace and Ryan Newman.
· Dodge has not won a championship since the Chase format was introduced in 2004. Kurt Busch won the 2004 title with another team before moving to Penske in 2006.

2011 Chase to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Standings
1. Kyle Busch 2012 7. Kurt Busch -9
2. Kevin Harvick -0 8. Ryan Newman -9
3. Jeff Gordon -3 9. Tony Stewart -12
4. Matt Kenseth -6 10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. -12
5. Carl Edwards -9 11. Brad Keselowski -12
6. Jimmie Johnson -9 12. Denny Hamlin -12

THE DODGE BOYS
· Dodge has 211 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories.
· Dodge has four victories this season, three by Brad Keselowski (Kansas, Pocono and Bristol) and one by Kurt Busch (Infineon). Dodge’s most recent win came at Bristol Motor Speedway. Keselowski led 89 of the 500 laps en route to victory.
· Dodge teams have posted 51 victories since the manufacturer’s return to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.
· Dodge has posted wins each season since its return in 2001 including seven wins twice (2002 and 2006).

DODGE AT CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
· Dodge has recorded one win at the 1.5-mile, D-shaped Chicagoland Speedway oval (Ryan Newman – 2003).
· Dodge has earned one pole at Chicagoland Speedway (Ryan Newman – 2002).

2011 DODGE SPRINT CUP REWIND
· Race 1: Kurt Busch won the Bud Shootout and a Gatorade Duel during Speedweeks.
· Races 12-15: Dodge earned four consecutive poles.
· Race 13: Brad Keselowski won at Kansas; first Dodge win of the season.
· Race 16: Busch dominated at Infineon for first win of the season and first road-course victory of his career.
· Race 21: Keselowski, racing with a broken left ankle, earned his second win of the season at Pocono Raceway.
· Race 23: Keselowski moved up to 12th in Cup driver standings.
· Race 24: Keselowski won his third race of the season. Moved up to 11th in points. Current No. 1 wild card driver.
· Race 25: Busch and Keselowski clinched spots in the Chase.
· Race 26: Busch seeded 7th, Keselowski 11th for Chase.

DID YOU KNOW?
· Dodge’s Brad Keselowski has set Sprint Cup career bests this season in wins (3), top fives (6) and top 10s (10).
· Dodge’s Kurt Busch won the first-ever Chase race, the 2004 Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

2011 SPRINT CUP SERIES SEASON BEST
· Kurt Busch Start: 1st (Kansas, Pocono & Michigan)
Finish: 1st (Infineon)
· Brad Keselowski Start: 1st (Charlotte)
Finish: 1st (Kansas, Pocono, Bristol)
· Robby Gordon Start: 30th (Daytona)
Finish: 16th (Daytona)

KURT BUSCH – INSIDE THE CHASE NUMBERS
· Qualified for the 2011 Chase for the Sprint Cup – seeded seventh.
· Competing in the Chase for the Sprint Cup for the sixth time: 2004 – Champion, 2005 – 10th, 2007 – seventh, 2009 – fourth and 2010 – 10th
· Has competed in 68 Chase races since 2004, 50 of those have been in a Dodge.
· Career Chase stats: Two wins, three poles, 16 top-five and 34 top-10 finishes.
· Busch has recorded eight career wins at the 10 tracks hosting Chase races (Loudon - 3, Martinsville - 1, Homestead – 1. Texas – 1 and Charlotte - 1).

FROM THE DODGE ENGINEER: HOWARD COMSTOCK
“Chicagoland Speedway has hosted a mid-July, Saturday night, Sprint Cup race for the last 3 years and now we're visiting there for, not only the first race of the Chase, but a mid-September, Sunday afternoon, event. That's a lot different than what we've been accustomed to, so engineers from every organization in the series will be busy this week taking the last several years of notes and applying some kind of offset for the radically different conditions we'll see in Chicago this week. Cooler air temperatures in September will mean better grip levels in the track surface and more horsepower from the engines. But how will a now-afternoon event offset those two advantages? That's some of what our engineers will be working on this week."

DODGE MOTORSPORTS QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“It’s a pride thing. To get both Penske Dodges into this Chase is really huge for the organization, huge for Dodge. It’s huge for the guys that work back in that fab shop, work in that paint shop, and work in every little department we have. They take pride in working on these cars during the week. We get to come out here and work on ‘em. Everybody sees us, but they don’t see those guys putting in that effort back at the shop.”
Steve Addington, crew chief, No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge

DODGE QUOTES
“We always get to answer questions that maybe we’re behind the eight-ball by only having two (Penske) Dodges out there but we put both of ‘em in the Chase. Both guys now have a shot at the championship so it’s been a great, solid season for us.”
Kurt Busch (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T)

“Well, I feel like a one-year old that got his first box of crayons, you know, just amazed and happy to have ‘em. It’s great. Everything is fresh, new and a lot of positive momentum. No matter what happens in the Chase, it’s still an honor to be in it.”
Brad Keselowski (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T)

“It’s a tremendous accomplishment to get both of our Penske Racing Dodges in the Chase this year. I am proud of the entire organization, as it was a true team effort in getting to this point. I would also like to thank Shell, Pennzoil, Miller Lite, Dodge and all of our terrific partners for their support. We are looking forward to getting to Chicago and competing for a championship."
Roger Penske (Chairman, Penske Corporation)

Rick

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Rick

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – NNS Race Advance – Chicagoland
Published on September 14, 2011 by Official Release
Dollar General 300

Sept. 17, 2011

Chicagoland Speedway

BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T

Career Stats: 2011 Season Stats: Starts: 161 Starts: 22 Wins: 14 Wins: 2 Top Fives: 67 Top Fives: 8 Top 10s: 96 Top 10s: 14 Poles: 11 Poles: 3 Laps Led: 2,228 Laps Led: 380

Chicagoland Speedway Stats: Starts: 5 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 1 Top 10s: 1 Laps Led: 38

• Last Nationwide Series win came at Lucas Oil Raceway (Indianapolis).

• Has recorded top-10 finishes in four of his last six races.

• Has led laps in 16 of 22 races this season including eight of the last nine.

• 2010 Nationwide Series champion.

SAM HORNISH JR. – No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T

Career Stats: 2011 Season Stats: Starts: 28 Starts: 8 Wins: 0 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 0 Top Fives: 0 Top 10s: 2 Top 10s: 2 Poles: 0 Poles: 0

• Making first Nationwide Series start at Chicagoland this weekend.

• Sixth at Nashville best Nationwide finish in 2011. Has four top-15 finishes in eight starts.

• Has made five consecutive top-10 starts and has not started outside the top 20 this season.

• Has led laps in four of his last six Nationwide races including a season-high 39 at Iowa.

• Has only one DNF this season – the season opener at Daytona.

BRAD KESELOWSKI ON CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY “I like the fact that Chicago has developed a lot of character over the years. Midwestern winters have taken their toll on the racing surface. It’s not Atlanta, but it is pretty hard on tires. You can race side-by-side, which is what everyone wants to see. Restarts can get crazy at Chicago, especially if you are on the inside, because guys can really hold you down on the bottom and make life difficult for you. Being a Midwestern guy, it would mean a lot to me to pick up a win there. I’ve had good cars, but we haven’t been able to capitalize on them. Todd (Gordon, crew chief) and I were really starting to jell before I hurt my foot, but I think we are starting to get comfortable with each other again since I’ve got back in the car. I’m excited for the possibilities that the rest of the year holds for this Discount Tire Dodge team.”

FAST FACTS

• Brad Keselowski is seeking his 12th career Nationwide Series pole. He has three this season. His last win in the series came at Bristol.

• Dodge’s last Nationwide Series win came August 13 at Watkins Glen when Keselowski’s teammate Kurt Busch drove the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger to victory.

DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES

• Dodge is fielding two entries in the Nationwide Series this year with Penske Racing. Sam Hornish Jr. joins Brad Keselowski for a limited schedule. Hornish will make his ninth Nationwide start of the year at Chicagoland.

THE NUMBERS

• Dodge has 35 wins in the Nationwide Series. Seven of those wins came last year.

SAM SAYS “I am excited to get back behind the wheel of the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway. It has always been an exciting place for me to go because I have celebrated an IndyCar Series win and clinched a championship there. The track is fast and with the banking, it carries a lot of speed. Between testing and getting ready for this weekend, the No. 12 crew has been working hard in the shop to provide me with the best equipment out there and I hope I can thank them by ending up in victory lane this weekend.”

Rick

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
September 16, 2011
‘Car of Tomorrow’ Gets Fuel System of Today

WHEN the 2012 Nascar season roars to life in Florida next February, racecars in the Sprint Cup series will have undergone one of their biggest changes in decades. But the difference won’t be visible to spectators in the stands or fans watching on TV.

Starting with the cars in the premier Sprint Cup series, Nascar is turning its back on the venerable carburetor, a straightforward mechanical device that has fueled its engines since the competition began six decades ago. Instead, the Sprint Cup engines will be fed by electronic fuel injection.

The change will nudge Nascar closer to the realities of today’s passenger cars, most of which switched to fuel injection in the 1980s. But it also holds the potential to let Nascar match the cars more closely, because the system’s digital controls regulate a number of engine functions.

Nascar goes to great lengths to ensure a level playing field in its various series. For instance, on Sunday the playoffs for the 2011 championship, the Chase for the Sprint Cup, get under way at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill., with a resetting of the drivers’ accumulated points totals. The goal is to tighten the field, giving the top dozen drivers a better chance at winning the season title over the final 10 races.

Similar thinking applies to equalizing all aspects of competition, with a mandated Car of Tomorrow used by all teams, rigid specifications for components and engine rules that render the pushrod V-8s of participating automakers nearly identical. For races at superspeedway tracks, today’s cars must use a restrictor that limits engine power, holding speeds down, and, often, causing the cars to bunch in tight packs.

Close competition is a critical part of Nascar’s formula, in part because it emphasizes the drivers, rather than the cars and brands, as the stars. While some Nascar followers cheer for one of the series’ four vehicle manufacturers, fans seem more inclined to cheer for a favorite driver — emphatically at times.

But for the teams that build and race the cars, and for the automakers that sponsor them, gaining a performance advantage is an obvious goal — a goal that has become difficult to achieve on a playing field leveled by mandate.

Nascar officials say they do not see the change to fuel injection as part of a plan to further equalize the cars.

“All our makes seem to be fairly close right now,” said Robin Pemberton, Nascar’s vice president of competition, in a telephone interview. “They’re not far apart. We don’t think that this will further level the playing field.”

Almost as an afterthought, he added: “Maybe it will make it a little closer.”

Doug Yates, chief executive of Roush Yates Engines, a supplier to many teams, said he did not think that the change to fuel injection would make it harder to gain a performance edge.

“The switch to fuel injection gives the teams a little more freedom to innovate,” he said in a telephone interview. “Any rule change gives teams a chance to gain an advantage. I’m definitely in favor.”

Among other benefits, the team engineers will be able to collect data from the racetrack they never had before.

“We’ll be able to study how the engine is responding throughout the race and make adjustments based on science,” Mr. Yates said. “Today, the crew chief and driver get together and try to figure out what’s happening on the track. Now, we’ll know.”

The teams will also be able to do a better job of preparing engines back in the shop. Because the workings of a carburetor are greatly affected by weather conditions and cornering forces, a carbureted engine that runs well at the team’s home base will not necessarily shine on the track.

But a fuel-injection system can compensate for changes in conditions, and because fuel is delivered to each cylinder individually, cornering forces will not affect distribution. Tests done in the shop should prove a more accurate gauge of on-track performance.

Nascar makes the point that fuel injection can improve the series’ environmental image. Mr. Pemberton has called the change a positive step that will provide greater fuel efficiency and a greener footprint while maintaining the caliber of the competition.

Mr. Yates explained that the fuel injection system more effectively cuts back fuel flow when the driver’s foot lifts off the gas pedal, unlike a carburetor, which continues to dump fuel. A significant reduction in both emissions and fuel use should result from the switch.

“My dad has been pushing for cleaner racecars for years,” Mr. Yates said, referring to Robert Yates, a successful Nascar engine builder and team owner of long standing. “He’s very pleased.”

In a test at Kentucky Speedway, about 60 miles northeast of Louisville, in July, five cars fitted with fuel-injection systems — two Chevrolets, a Dodge, a Ford and a Toyota — ran laps with the carburetor-equipped racecars. Speeds for the injected cars were respectable, ranging from 170 to 174 m.p.h.

“The crew wanted to run it in the race,” Mr. Yates said. “They were getting a bit ahead of themselves.”

Mr. Yates also said that he hoped the computerized engine control systems would enable a more interactive experience for fans. Data transmitted by a telemetry system in the racecar could be incorporated into broadcasts and might even be accessible on home computers.

The switch to fuel injection is a step forward, but for old-time shade tree mechanics, who miss the days when a factory team could show up at Daytona and blow everyone away with some clever modification, fears must linger.

While fuel injection adds technical sophistication and daily-driver relevance, it also affords an opportunity for external control, so the potential for more enforced equality is there in the form of a mandated engine calibration for every car — essentially today’s carburetor restrictor plate gone high-tech.

Rick

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Kurt Busch Open Interview - Chicagoland Speedway
September 16, 2011 , JOLIET, Ill.

Chicagoland Speedway
Dodge Motorsports PR
Geico 400
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

KURT BUSCH (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge Charger R/T)

HOW WAS YOUR FIRST PRACTICE SESSION TODAY? “Things were really good for our car. The track was fresh and the speeds were really high. Nobody expected the speeds to be that fast. (Ryan) Newman came over to me and said, ‘My rpm never changed when I came out of the corner because it stayed right about 9000 all the way down the straightaway.’ Speeds are quick. Normally we race here in July, September is just a bit cooler out. We’ll see, it’s suppose to warm up a little bit towards Sunday.”

IS THERE A POINT TODAY WHEN YOU GOT INTO THE CAR AND SAID, ‘I’M IN CHICAGO WHERE THE CHASE BEGINS’? “This is where the action is. This is the garage area. This is where we have to go to get our car handling good. This is the fun part.”

AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON, WHAT PART OF THE SPORT DO YOU FIND FASCINATING? “When you get all the different styles of tracks and all the character, each place is different. Every race track has places where you go and you can pass and where you can’t pass. You get really into detail on where guys are racing each other hard and where the trouble spot is out on the track. Whether it’s a slick spot or whether it’s a bump. There’s so many racing things that we’re worried about, that’s what we have to do as drivers, make sure that we can get the best lap time that we can.”

WHAT DOES YOUR TEAM HAVE TO DO TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE CHASE? “For us, we have to not make mistakes. We have a fast car. We’ve done a great job the last couple of weeks in having solid pit stops and making the car better during the race and we posted two top fives. If we do that in the next 10 weeks we’ll be at the top table in Vegas.”

HAVE YOU PUT THE JIMMIE JOHNSON INCIDENT BEHIND YOU? “Yeah. What we do as champion drivers is put those things behind us and go race. That’s what we’re suppose to do. As a team carrying the Dodge banner and for our sponsors Shell and Pennzoil, we know we have to race hard and race smart.”

DO YOU FEEL PRESSURE OF THE CHASE? “We all do. All 12 of us have the pressure for performing and bringing this championship home for their respective team. (Jimmie) Johnson has pressure just like Dale Jr. does or whoever the last-place guy was, (Denny) Hamlin. (He’s) got pressure on him just like the lead guy…Kyle. We all do.”

IF A TEAM FEELS BEHIND AFTER LEAVING CHICAGO, IS THERE TIME TO RIGHT THE SHIP WITH THE SHORTER TRACKS COMING UP BEFORE GOING BACK TO A 1.5-MILE TRACK? “Yeah, that’s a great way to look at it. We have New Hampshire and Dover before we head back to a mile-and-a-half. This weekend will be a good indicator on the mile-and-a-halves because there’s five in the Chase. Yeah, there’s time to get things re-booted before we go back.”

IS THERE A DIFFERENT FEELING STARTING THE CHASE OFF AT CHICAGO VERSUS NEW HAMPSHIRE? “I think drivers like newness, they like freshness. This is a back big market. This is an exciting market, especially for me being a Cubs fan and a Bears fan. Brian McCaskey, he owns the Bears, he’s a friend of mine, he’ll be out here Sunday rooting us on. It’s neat to be in a different spot and a class, mile-and-a-half race track.”

CAN YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR EVENT MONDAY NIGHT AT WRIGLEY? “Yeah, Monday night is going to be a blast. We rented out a rooftop and everybody’s invited. Every media member, sponsors, NASCAR officials, anybody that can stick around for Monday will find us out there at Wrigley. Shell set it up for me to throw out the first pitch and to sing (during) the seventh-inning stretch again. I sung it before but didn’t make any highlights reels because I must have done OK.”

ARE YOUR COMPETITORS INVITED TOO? “Yeah, anybody that wants to stick around. I’ve got a bunch of buddies coming in from North Carolina. I know that everybody has busy schedules. I told Kyle about it but he has something going on as well.”

Rick

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
2011 NSCS GEICO 400 Q&A with Dodge Motorsports Driver, Brad Keselowski

Posted By Press Release On September 16, 2011

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger R/T)

CAN YOU TALK ABOUT THIS WEEKEND AT CHICAGOLAND? “Well, obviously the first race and wanted to get the Chase started off very well and looks like we’ve got a great opportunity of doing that. The last few races on the mile-and-a-halfs have been very good for our team on the Cup side and feel really good heading into this one accordingly. Just try to keep the momentum we’ve had as the season has been progressing and carry it through the Chase.”

HAVE YOU HEARD ANY VOICES LATELY? HAS JIMMIE JOHNSON [4] PUT ANY TAPES IN YOUR HEAD? “Still no voices, man. I’m a hard sleeper. Maybe I’m just not listening. No voices, feeling really good.”

YOUR SEASON IS PROBABLY IN THE OVERACHIEVE CATEGORY. ARE YOU ENTERING THE CHASE PLAYING WITH HOUSE MONEY A LITTLE BIT OR ARE YOU GUYS TAKING THIS AN EQUAL SHOT TO WIN? WE KIND OF EXPECTED THE OTHER 11 GUYS TO BE HERE. HOW ARE YOU APPROACHING IT KNOWING THAT YOU GUYS HAVE HAD AN AWESOME SEASON SO FAR? “Well, hell I expected us to be here. I can’t speak for everyone out there but as a team we expected to have a shot at this and it’s good to finally make it happen in our second year together and we don’t feel like we’re a fluke. You know for us entering the Chase I feel like we’re entering it in somewhat a very low key, low pressure feeling of ‘Hey, we’ve made it this far. Let’s keep it going’ and I don’t see why we can’t. You look at other things people try to compare it to like the NCAA basketball and ‘Oh this team has had a big run and they’re coming through’ but I don’t think it’s the same way because in racing we’ve been racing against the same guys as the last few weeks and we’ve been running with ‘em and or beating ‘em and I feel like we can just continue that. I don’t see where anything has changed and I feel like if anything as a team we’re getting stronger so that’s good.”

THERE’S BEEN A LOT OF TALK THIS WEEK ABOUT WHO THE GUYS ARE THAT ARE FAVORITES GOING INTO THE CHASE AND WHO ARE THE DARK HORSES. DO YOU PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THAT AND WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELVES LINING UP AS THE CHASE GETS READY TO START? “Like where do I rank myself, is that what you’re saying?” YES. “Those are difficult questions to ask because, quite frankly, I don’t spend a lot of time computing them. I feel like every second you sit and worry about how many points I’ve got to score or what average finish I’ve got to have or who’s the guy I’ve got to beat, that’s another second you don’t use to focus on what really matters and that’s how I can go faster and make better moves on the racetrack. And that’s what I spend my time focusing on, not looking at, you know, who’s eighth in points but maybe will make a run. I don’t look at that stuff. I don’t think that’s the right way to approach it.

“Yeah, I do feel like everybody’s even. I know there is those, what is it, 12 points from first to 12th spread? I just don’t see, I mean, heck, you can win the race and what’s that, that’s over five or six of those. Even if that guy finishes second, which what are the odds of that, you just go out there and do your business you’ll erase those very quickly.”

THERE’S BEEN A LOT OF TALK ABOUT TEAMMATES, WHAT THE ROLES ARE, HOW THEY’VE DONE THINGS TO HELP EACH OTHER, WHERE THAT LINE IS. LOOKING BACK AT LAST YEAR, SINCE YOU WEREN’T A CHASE PLAYER, DID YOU SEE THINGS ON THE TRACK THAT MADE YOU THINK THIS IS WHY THIS GUY IS DOING IT TO HELP A CHASE COMPETITOR? “You know every once in a while you see something that’s very blatant, everywhere, every once in a while.”

WHAT’S BLATANT? “What’s blatant? You know, that’s a guy like who comes off of pit road, he’s having a miserable day, he’s three laps down and the leaders catch ‘em and maybe you’re running second and his teammate’s running third and he just doesn’t let you go. That’s fairly blatant. I think those are probably more of what I can see as well and the other things; quite honestly, I’m too focused on my own race to know.

“Well, every once in a while you see ‘em but, I mean, mostly you spend your time focused on your own race and you can’t catch those things because you’re not looking for ‘em. You have to be looking for ‘em sometimes.

“Well I think the line, since it’s not defined by the sport, is defined by the people that participate in it. And for me, there’s certainly a line of what I’d be willing to do to help Kurt [Busch, teammate]. I will do what I can to help ‘em if the situation arises where things are bleak for myself and it’s advantageous to help Kurt. But there’s certainly a line and a code that each and every driver walks that, you know quite frankly, might be different between each and every driver. And that’s a tough question to answer for everybody else.”

COMMENT ON HAVING BOTH OF THE PENSKE DODGES IN THE CHASE. IS IT AN ADVANTAGE? IS IT A DISADVANTAGE? ARE THE GUYS WHO MAYBE HAVE TEAMMATES OUTSIDE THE CHASE HAVE A LITTLE BIT MORE THAN MAYBE WHAT YOU GUYS DO? “Well I definitely think it’s a huge advantage to have both the Penske Dodges in the Chase from the standpoint of what it means for team morale and what it means for the manufacturing process within at Penske Racing. I think last year was a prime example. We’re always building new cars but we built new cars in the Chase for Kurt and we allowed ourselves to become somewhat complacent and just build those cars for Kurt only because he was in the Chase. And I think that put him on a little bit of an island so to speak. I mean, he would probably agree with that where he didn’t have any help from the other two teams. It was, I don’t want to say the motivating for the company and for the processes but it was all focused on one guy and some people would say that’s an advantage but I would argue that goes right against the whole theory and premise of a multi-car team when you just take all your resources and put it on one guy. Now that we have two cars, both cars at Penske Racing in the Chase, it allows us to rally the troops within at Penske Racing, have good reason to spend a lot of money building new cars that are the same, getting ‘em done early, etc. And I just think the process goes a lot smoother as far as what it takes to get the company going and get the teams going. I definitely think you want to have all your cars in the Chase. I really do believe that that’s a supreme advantage if for no other reason than what it means to the company and the morale within.”

AS WE START THIS CHASE, WHO, IN YOUR OPINION, IS THE FAVORITE? WHO ARE YOU GUYS ALL CHASING? “Well, you know, there’s a lot of favorites, which is kind of weird. I feel bad for Jimmie [Johnson]. Every year he comes into this deal, at least that I can recall, as the previous winner and he doesn’t get labeled the first favorite, which is kind of strange. You would think the guy that’s won it the last few years would be labeled as the favorite. But we all look at different things as drivers to label favorite and right now it’s hard to not label, you know, Jeff [Gordon] as the favorite. You know he’s done a lot over the last few weeks, won races and been in position to win many more. So that’s very impressive. His cars have a lot of speed and there’s a lot of potential out of that camp. Doesn’t mean they’ll realize it but there is certainly a lot of potential there. They have the highest potential and I think a lot of people would label him as the favorite, his team as the favorite accordingly.”

YOU SPOKE TUESDAY ABOUT THE STRESSES OF THIS VERSUS THE STRESSES WHEN YOU FIRST BROKE INTO THE NATIONWIDE [5] SERIES. HOW HAS THE EVOLUTION OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH DALE JR. BEEN NOW THAT YOU’RE BASICALLY EVEN FOOTING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A GUY WHO USED TO BE YOUR BOSS? “I don’t think it’s changed, heck I don’t know. I still enjoy him as a friend and racing against ‘em and so forth. I don’t know, we’ll find out [laughs]. Right now I think he’s just as focused on the other 10 Chase drivers as he is me. Certainly at Richmond it would have been an interesting moment had something happened where I bumped him out but it didn’t come to fruition. So far so good [laughs].”

MIKE HELTON WAS EXPLAINING THAT TEAMS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE THE DRIVER, SPOTTER, CREW CHIEF ON ANALOG CHANNELS BUT THAT THE TEAMS ARE ALSO ALLOWED TO HAVE DIGITAL CHANNELS ON WHICH THEIR TEAM MEMBERS CAN COMMUNICATE. DOES PENSKE USE THOSE OR HAVE YOU HEARD OF OTHER TEAMS THAT MIGHT DO THAT? “Well as I understand the rule, the only one who is required to use an analog radio is the driver. Everyone else can use whatever they want to use. Obviously if the driver has an analog radio and you’re trying to communicate with him, on another style radio you’re not going to get through so the team has to have another radio just to call the race, or an analog radio. I’m pretty sure almost everyone in the garage is using all of the above so I guess that would be yes.”

SO THERE IS A WAY TO HAVE COMMUNICATIONS THAT AREN’T WITH THE DRIVER? “Absolutely.”

WHEN YOU SPOKE EARLIER ABOUT THINGS THAT YOU WOULD DO TO HELP KURT, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE LINE IS THERE OR DOES IT DEPEND ON THE SITUATION? “I think it’s situational. It’s hard to say that there’s a concrete line because there’s so many different opportunities it’s just not that simple. I think when you do something that hurts your name or your reputation that that would most likely be the line.”

Rick

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
NASCAR Results
Last Updated: Friday, Sep 16, 2011 10:45 pm, EDT
Fast Five 225

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings

1 Austin Dillon (3) Chevrolet 47/4 150 17 $38,700
2 Kevin Harvick (2) Chevrolet 44/2 150 99 $29,050
3 Nelson Piquet Jr. (8) Chevrolet 42/1 150 5 $24,875
4 Parker Kligerman (29) Dodge 41/1 150 3 $20,200
5 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 40/1 150 10 $15,625
6 Johnny Sauter (13) Chevrolet 39/1 150 2 $17,300
7 Matt Crafton (88) Chevrolet 37/0 150 0 $14,250
8 Miguel Paludo (7) Toyota 36/0 150 0 $14,475
9 Cole Whitt (60) Chevrolet 35/0 150 0 $14,100
10 Ron Hornaday Jr. (33) Chevrolet 34/0 150 0 $15,375
11 James Buescher (31) Chevrolet 33/0 150 0 $13,950
12 Joey Coulter (22) Chevrolet 32/0 150 0 $13,825
13 Todd Bodine (5) Toyota 32/1 149 14 $16,800
14 Brendan Gaughan (62) Toyota 30/0 149 0 $13,750
15 Justin Lofton (6) Chevrolet 29/0 149 0 $15,025
16 Steve Arpin (32) Chevrolet 28/0 149 0 $15,825
17 Timothy Peters (17) Toyota 27/0 148 0 $13,550
18 Max Papis (9) Toyota 26/0 148 0 $13,500
19 David Starr (81) Toyota 25/0 147 0 $13,450
20 Dakoda Armstrong (98) Chevrolet 24/0 146 0 $11,850
21 Bryan Silas (109) Ford 23/0 146 0 $11,100
22 Caleb Roark (07) Chevrolet 22/0 145 0 $13,325
23 Jack Smith (63) Ford 21/0 144 0 $11,050
24 Jason White (23) Chevrolet 20/0 144 0 $12,025
25 Ricky Carmichael (4) Chevrolet 19/0 142 0 $12,150
26 Brian Johnson Jr. (73) Chevrolet 18/0 142 0 $10,975
27 Norm Benning (57) Chevrolet 17/0 134 0 $11,300
28 Ryan Sieg (39) Chevrolet 16/0 84 0 $10,925
29 Jennifer Jo Cobb (10) Ford 15/0 71 0 $10,875
30 J.J. Yeley (66) Chevrolet 14/0 33 0 $11,350
31 Mike Garvey (138) Chevrolet 13/0 8 0 $10,825
32 Brent Raymer (165) Chevrolet 12/0 7 0 $10,800
33 Dennis Setzer (93) Chevrolet 11/0 5 0 $10,775
34 David Stremme (127) Chevrolet 10/0 4 0 $10,750
35 Chris Jones (87) Chevrolet 0/0 4 0 $10,725
36 Mike Harmon (174) Ford 0/0 3 0 $10,691

Rick

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
NASCAR Qualifying
Last Updated: Saturday, Sep 17, 2011 3:39 pm, EDT
GEICO 400
Field Set Chicagoland Speedway

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed

1 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 183.243
2 Paul Menard (27) Chevrolet 183.125
3 Kurt Busch (22) Dodge 183.032
4 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 183.007
5 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 182.914
6 Brad Keselowski (2) Dodge 182.859
7 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 182.648
8 Brian Vickers (83) Toyota 182.587
9 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 182.340
10 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 182.309
11 Bobby Labonte (47) Toyota 182.223
12 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 182.020
13 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 181.879
14 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 181.843
15 David Ragan (6) Ford 181.641
16 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 181.500
17 Marcos Ambrose (9) Ford 181.500
18 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 181.409
19 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 181.305
20 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 181.287
21 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 181.269
22 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 181.269
23 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 181.165
24 Kasey Kahne (4) Toyota 181.135
25 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 181.074
26 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 181.038
27 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 180.729
28 Trevor Bayne (21) Ford 180.638
29 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 180.602
30 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 180.524
31 Landon Cassill (51) Chevrolet 180.162
32 J.J. Yeley (38) Ford 180.120
33 Michael McDowell (66) Toyota 180.060
34 David Stremme (30) Chevrolet 180.054
35 Scott Speed (46) Ford 180.000
36 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 179.904
37 Robby Gordon (7) Dodge 179.766
38 David Gilliland (34) Ford 178.832
39 Dave Blaney (36) Chevrolet 178.642
40 Andy Lally (71) Ford 178.583
41 Casey Mears (13) Toyota 178.442
42 Mike Bliss (32) Ford 178.141
43 Josh Wise (37) Ford 179.188
44 Travis Kvapil (55) DNQ 179.164
45 David Starr (195) DNQ 178.725
46 Stephen Leicht (135) DNQ 178.159
47 Mike Skinner (60) DNQ 176.517

Rick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in