NASCAR: July 9 & 10 (Fri & Sat) - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
NASCAR: July 9 & 10 (Fri & Sat)

Chicagoland Speedway

NATIONWIDE SERIES Friday 7/9 8:00 P.M ESPN Dollar General 300 Powered By Coca-Cola

SPRINT CUP SERIES Saturday 7/10 7:30 P.M. TNT LifeLock.com 400

Chicagoland Speedway
Records

Track Facts
Chicagoland Speedway

Banking/Turns: Tri-Oval
Distance: 1.50 miles
Shape: Tri-Oval

Date Series Driver Speed
7/14/02 Sprint Cup Race Kevin Harvick 137.00
7/10/05 Sprint Cup Qualifying Jimmie Johnson 188.147
7/10/09 Nationwide Race Joey Logano 147.00
7/9/05 Nationwide Qualifying Ryan Newman 186.438
8/28/09 Camping World Truck Race Kyle Busch 119.00
8/28/09 Camping World Truck Qualifying Matt Crafton 171.914

Sprint Cup
Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner
Make Purse
7/11/09 LifeLock.com 400 Brian Vickers Mark Martin Chevrolet $6,182,706
7/12/08 LifeLock.com 400 Kyle Busch Kyle Busch Toyota $6,134,923
7/15/07 USG Sheetrock 400 Casey Mears Tony Stewart Chevrolet $6,056,938
7/9/06 USG Sheetrock 400 Jeff Burton Jeff Gordon
Chevrolet $5,934,007

Nationwide

Date Race Name Pole Winner Race Winner Make Purse
7/10/09 Dollar General 300 Powered By Coca-Cola Carl Edwards Joey Logano Toyota $1,564,633
7/11/08 Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola David Reutimann Kyle Busch Toyota $1,567,738
7/14/07 USG Durock 300 Denny Hamlin Kevin Harvick Chevrolet $1,544,672
7/8/06 USG Durock 300 Carl Edwards Casey Mears Dodge $1,522,154

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
SPRINT CUP SERIES Saturday 7/10 7:30 P.M. TNT

Dodge Motorsports NSCS Race Advance - LifeLock.com 400 - Chicagoland Speedway

JOLIET, Ill. , Jul 6, 2010 - For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NSCS Race Advance
LifeLock.com 400
Chicagoland Speedway
Saturday, July 10, 2010

CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
• Dodge has recorded one win at the 1.5-mile, D-shaped oval of Chicagoland Speedway (Ryan Newman – 2003).
• Dodge has earned one pole at Chicagoland Speedway (Ryan Newman – 2002).

THE DODGE BOYS
• Dodge has 207 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories.
• Dodge’s most recent win came at the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Kurt Busch led 252 laps en route to his second victory of the season.
• Dodge claimed four Sprint Cup Series victories in 2009.
• Dodge teams have posted 47 wins since the manufacturer’s return to NASCAR’s premier series in 2001 after being out of the sport since 1977.
• Dodge has posted wins each season since it’s return in 2001 including seven wins twice (2002 and 2006).
• Last Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at Chicagoland Speedway: Ryan Newman, 02/17/2008, Daytona 500, 152.672 mph avg. speed.
• Last Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win: Kurt Busch, 05/30/2010, Coca-Cola 600, 144.966 mph avg. speed.

DID YOU KNOW?
• Brad Keselowski will be making his first Sprint Cup start at Chicagoland Speedway this weekend.
• Penske Racing’s Kurt Busch (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge) has a career-best Chicagoland Speedway qualifying position of second.
• Busch has started inside the top-six in the last six Sprint Cup races.
• Busch has a cumulative average finishing position of 17.6 at in the final eight race tracks leading up to the Chase.
• Sam Hornish has led 36 laps this season including 14 last week at Daytona. He also led laps at Talladega, Pocono and Michigan.

KURT BUSCH – INSIDE THE CHASE NUMBERS
• Busch is currently fourth in the Sprint Cup driver standings, 245 points out of first and 308 ahead of 13th.
• Through the first 18 races this year, Busch has two wins, seven top-five and 11 top-10 finishes.
• Busch has 13 wins at five of the eight tracks hosting events leading up to the 10-race Chase: Pocono – 2, Michigan – 2, Bristol – 5, Atlanta –3, Richmond – 1.
• Busch has 15 wins at intermediate tracks (1.5 miles or less).
• Entering Chicagoland last season, Kurt Busch was fourth in points, 358 points behind the series leader. Busch currently is again fourth heading to Chicagoland, but only 254 points behind the point leader Kevin Harvick.
• Busch leads all NSCS driver in laps led this season with 807.
• Kurt Busch leads all Sprint Cup drivers in average starting position – 7.9.

DODGE QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Kurt Busch on debris cautions during a NSCS race -
“Some debris cautions are real, some aren’t; you just have to deal with it. Whether you’re the leader that has the bigger headache or whether you’re the guy in third that’s saying, ‘Sweet, I’ve got a yellow and a chance at passing cars now.’ A lot of these races are thrown up in the air at the end.”
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger

DODGE DRIVER QUOTES
“I’m looking forward to going to Chicago with our Charlotte setup and hoping for big things. Chicago is one of three tracks that I don’t have a top five on, so I’m really pushing hard to get a top five, possibly a win. Chicago, Kansas and Watkins Glen, I don’t have a top five at those tracks, so I’m trying to get that off my little bucket list. Each mile-and-a-half (track) has its own different attitude and quirks around the race tracks. Chicago is getting a little bumpy as the years have progressed. It won’t be exactly the Charlotte package 100 percent, but it’s a great base line.
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Vortex Dodge Charger

On double-file restarts:
"There's just a lot to be gained on double-file restarts compared to what you use to be able to do, so people are just being aggressive. That's all fine and good. I feel like its done a lot for the sport. NASCAR did it for the fans, to make the racing better and give them more to be excited about towards the end of the race and it does. Obviously, if a guy is fifth and figures out how to make it to first because of the double-file restart, he's going to love it that weekend. But the next weekend he may be first and end up 25th because somebody bumps him and gets him into the wall. It takes that ease away that you had with the lapped-down cars on the inside. You had the opportunity to get yourself some room, to get yourself away from the second, third, fourth, fifth-place guys. You don't have that anymore."
Sam Hornish Jr., No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger

“Chicago is an ever-evolving race track. The transition from day to night moves the groove from the bottom to the top and then back to the bottom. Double-file restarts there are very crazy because you can really hold someone down there on the bottom. There is a lot of back and forth, side-by-side racing and the track has actually become fairly rough over the years. The Midwestern winters have taken their toll on the surface and have made it a little trickier. There is a lot of banking to go with that so it’s very fast. All in all, it’s a great racetrack and I really enjoy it.”
Brad Keselowski, No 12 Penske Dodge Charger

ENGINEERING TALK;
"In a series that many complain is all about one-and-a-half mile tracks, this is the first one we've run since visiting Charlotte six weeks ago. If a team has a favorite mile-and-a-half mile chassis, they likely raced it at Charlotte and had time to refit it and will bring it to Chicago. Chicago has less banking than Charlotte, but there are enough other similarities that if you had a successful Charlotte, you probably want to take the same equipment to Chicago.”
Howard Comstock, Dodge Motorsports Engineering

“Chicagoland Speedway is not like the other 1.5-mile tracks that we visit. The backstretch is one continuous curve and that makes the exit of Turn 2 and the entry of Turn 3 very important. Essentially, you aren’t holding a straight wheel for very long during a lap at Chicago. It’s a very fast racetrack too. The aero department has worked really hard to make this a strong car for us. We’ve been working on building lighter, faster cars and this is one of the best we’ve produced so far.”
Jay Guy, crew chief, No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger

DODGE BOYS NSCS 2010 BEST

• Kurt Busch - Start - Pole – Las Vegas, Michigan
Finish - Win – Atlanta, Charlotte 1

• Brad Keselowski - Start - 6th - Richmond
Finish - 12th – Martinsville, Darlington

• Sam Hornish Jr. - Start - 2nd - Texas
Finish - 11th - Pocono

• Laps Led (Race) - Kurt Busch (278) - Bristol

• Laps Led (Total) - Kurt Busch – 807 (leads NSCS)

Rick

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports NASCAR Nationwide Series Chicagoland Speedway Preview
Press Release
July 7, 2010

Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance
NATIONWIDE SERIES Friday 7/9 8:00 P.M ESPN Dollar General 300 Powered By Coca-Cola

Dollar General 300

Chicagoland Speedway

Friday, July 9, 2010

Dodge in 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series

- With 17 races completed in the 2010 season, Penske Racing’s two NASCAR Nationwide Series entries have rive poles and four wins along with 19 top-five and 25 top-10 finishes. Penske Dodges have an average starting position of 10.7, an average finish of 7.4, have completed 6,181 of 6,202 laps and have led 729 laps.

DID YOU KNOW

• In five previous Nationwide Series starts at Chicagoland Speedway, Penske Racing entries have recorded two poles, one top-five and three top-10 finishes, completed 801 of 1,000 laps contested and have led 281 laps.

• Dodge started 1-2 in the Nationwide Series for the first time this season last weekend at Daytona (Brad Keselowski and Parker Kligerman).

• Keselowski has the NASCAR record of 84 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF.

JUSTIN ALLGAIER – No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge

Highlights:

• Allgaier earned his first NASCAR Nationwide Series win this year at Bristol Motor Speedway, leading a 1-2 finish for Penske Racing and Dodge.

• Through the first 17 NNS races, Allgaier has posted one pole, one win, five top-five and nine top-10 finishes including an average starting position of 11.9 and an average finish of 10.9. Allgaier has led 127 laps.

• Allgaier is currently ranked third in the point standings, 488 markers behind leader and Penske Racing teammate Brad Keselowski and 211 points behind second-place contender Carl Edwards.

BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge

Highlights:

• After 17 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 277 points over Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.

• Keselowski earned back-to-back wins at Talladega and Richmond.

• Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (14), top-10 finishes (16) and laps completed. His only finish outside the top 10, a 13th at Daytona in February. He has completed all 3,101 laps contested this season and has led the field for 602 of those circuits.

• Keselowski has more top-five finishes than any other Nationwide Series competitor has top-10 finishes.

DODGE NATIONWIDE QUOTES

“Chicagoland Speedway is a very interesting race track. It’s a mile-and-a-half track, but it feels like racing on a two-mile oval like Michigan or Auto Club Speedway. The backstretch isn’t straight; it’s got some definition to it. The track was built with the backstretch elevated so the fans on the frontstretch could see the entire track, so you drive uphill into Turn 2, and downhill off of Turn 4. - – Justin Allgaier, No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger

“I place a lot of emphasis on running well in the Midwest. It’s an important area to me and my family. My dad and uncle won a lot of races around there. My brother and I won a lot of late model races in the Midwest as well. It means a lot to me to run up front and contend for wins when I go back now with Penske Racing.”

- – Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger

“Chicago is a pretty unique race track. It’s a very fast 1.5-mile oval so you need to make sure that you have done your homework in the aerodynamic department. You also need mechanical grip because the track is very bumpy and the surface is becoming pretty worn.

– Paul Wolfe, crew chief, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger

LINK: Dodge Motorsports NASCAR Nationwide Series Chicagoland Speedway Preview | Catchfence

Rick

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Kurt Busch Open Interview - Chicagoland
July 9, 2010 , JOLIET, Ill.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS HEADING INTO CHICAGOLAND THIS WEEKEND? “We’re really pumped up about Chicagoland. Coming to this area of the country, Miller Lite is always heavily involved at this race track and this region. We’ve got a lot of excitement heading into the weekend. Our main goal is to go out there and go for those wins and try to rack up those bonus points. If the Chase started now, we’d be tied for third in points with a group of guys; the leaders would be 30 ahead of us. Thirty-points isn’t anything that you can’t overcome in a weekend. It’s just nice to get some momentum and get going in the right direction heading to the Chase. These next races will be very interesting. We feel like we have a pretty good handle on Chicagoland. We came here with our Charlotte setup; it’s the car that we finished third in at Darlington. Then we have an off week to get our batteries re-energized and then head to Indy and start to settle into some of our summer-time races, Pocono, Michigan and a wide variety of race tracks. Our focus this weekend is to get our Miller Lite Dodge into victory lane.”

CAN YOU GIVE US YOUR THOUGTS ON SAM HORNISH’S PROGRESS IN CUP? “I think Sam Hornish Jr. has been doing an excellent job in the 77 car, progressing over the years. There’s been steady movement forward getting a feel for the race car; that’s the No. 1 objective. I know that if I went to go run IRL races, it would be a huge learning curve. It would be something to challenge yourself with and that’s what he’s done. He’s challenged himself in tackling these stock cars and he’s putting up a good battle, yet we want to see more out of him and I think that he knows that as well. He had a great run spoiled at Daytona. And then to have a couple runs earlier this year where he was doing really well and not post the results, we just need to help find him a way to find those 15th-place cars and turn them into top 10’s and do it on a continuing basis. He’s showing progress. It’s just a matter of time before he breaks through.”

CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE STUFF THAT HAPPENED BETWEEN YOU AND CARL EDWARDS LAST WEEKEND IN DAYTONA? “At Daytona I ran into a lot of cars. I think everyone ran into a lot of stuff last week. You just slid around all race long. I got wrecked at the start-finish line after the race was over. The car didn’t deserve to get destroyed like it was. I pinched Carl (Edwards) at the line to try and preserve sixth-place, he turned right at the finish line to wreck us and I think it collected the 71 car (Mike Bliss). Those guys didn’t deserve to get caught up in a wreck after the start-finish line. It’s just tough when you see wrecked cars and there were a lot of them after Daytona. We’ll see how the rest of the races progress as far as here and in the short run.”

CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY UPS AND DOWNS (WITH THE LEADERS) THIS YEAR IN CUP? “It’s a battle each week to get a top finish. There are a lot of elements that can jump up and bite you at the end of these races. Whether you’re gambling on fuel strategy or your tire strategy that you chose wrong or whether you’re at Sonoma and somebody tries to throw you off the race track. There are so many elements that come into play to how you get a good finish. (Jimmie) Johnson went 10 weeks without winning and you all were writing to each other, ‘man, he’s not on the top of his game.’ The expectations for them are so different than anybody else it seems like. The tracks where he really excels seem to be in the Chase. He’s really good at those tracks. It really doesn’t matter what anybody does this time of year other than the fact that you have to be one of those top 12 guys and lock yourself into the Chase and then worry about how things start up once we get to Loudon.”

HOW CHALLENGING DO YOU THINK IT IS FOR DANICA TO DO THESE ONE-OFF NATIONWIDE RACES? “It’s the expectation level as well. For Danica, it’s compressed into one big event every weekend. When she comes over and races with us in NASCAR, I giggle at that. It’s only Nationwide, it’s not the big show. You have to be in the big show if you want to race with the big guys. Eventually she’ll cross over and try and race with the big guys and there will be that big expectation and yet she doesn’t have the timeline to help put it all together, whereas, Sam Hornish does have it. He’s been able to switch over (to Cup). He conquered all the things he wanted to do in IRL. He’s had a nice, easy transition flying under the radar. For Danica, it’s the Daytona 500 every weekend that she shows up as far as media and attention and it can wear on you. Even though you’re just trying to work on the race car, you have to do a lot of other stuff, you get pulled in many directions and it can definitely wear you out.”

HOW DO YOU MEASURE HOW COMPETITIVE YOUR TEAM IS AGAINST OTHER? “For us, Roger and I have a good feel for one another and with my new crew chief Steve Addington. We measure how competitive we are week-in-and-week-out. Did we have a chance at winning? Did we lead laps that day? Or did we completely miss the setup and not even run in the top 10 at all. We finished sixth a few weeks ago at Pocono and that’s what was written and that’s our statistic for that race. We ran 30th all day and really struggled at Pocono this year. That’s a circle on the map for us, that we didn’t quite do it like we expected. Phoenix, we didn’t race really well out there. We never challenged for the lead or raced up front. We finished 35th in a wreck. Then there are those other races when we finished third at Darlington, we won at Charlotte, the 600. We had a good stretch run of just good, nice solid top-10 finishes. That’s how you measure success. I believe that if you’re competitive week-in-and-week-out and you only have one or two blurbs where you weren’t, then you’re doing pretty good. It doesn’t matter if you win. It doesn’t matter if you finish eighth or so, it’s still a good day. But if you didn’t even scratch the surface to challenge for the lead or be competitive for the day, those are the ones that you have to circle.”

DOES NASCAR NEED TO STAND ALONE ON HOW IT CROWN’S ITS CHAMPION? “I’d like to have a sit down with Brian (France). I think that our time is coming where they sit down with Penske Racing to discuss certain strategies, certain ideas. Brian has done a magnificent job of trying to bring NASCAR to the main stream and try to get us into an evening time slot on prime time TV or whether it’s to prepare us for a playoff system such as the Chase and what it can do to crown a champion and give it definition to who is the final man standing. You have the World Cup where it is eliminations and now you only have two teams to root for. Would that be good though heading down to Homestead with only two guys to root for? The Chase was a brilliant idea, it worked magnificently in 2004. I still don’t even remember the race. I did happen to win the championship, but to have five guys eligible to win the championship in one day, that was the whole master plan. It hasn’t phased out that way over the years; I think that’s why we’re looking for some tweaks. Brian is our leader and we have to do what we can collectively to make the best decision possible for the sport. Not just for our fans that show up for the race, but for our fans watching on TV and to help ourselves be in that mainstream, the top three, whether it’s NFL, Major League Baseball or NASCAR.

WILL THERE COME A TIME WITH THE REST OF THE DRVERS WHEN DANICA WILL BECOME A THREAT TO WIN? “I think once she commits full-time to NASCAR, she’ll have a better understanding of the flow and the feel, not just with the schedule, not just of the race car, but everything that has to happen. It’s just not jumping in the car and wheeling it. You have to handle all the different areas of sponsor appearances, media requests and time with the team. Right now, she’s very limited because she’s still committed to the IRL schedule. This is just a work in progress. We’ll have to wait and see the final product when she decides what road she’s going to go down. She’ll probably have a one-hour ESPN primetime special when she wants to announce it.”

Rick

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
NASCAR Qualifying

Last Updated: Friday, Jul 9, 2010
LifeLock.com 400

Chicagoland Speedway

SPRINT CUP SERIES Saturday 7/10 7:30 P.M. TNT

Order Driver (No.) Car Qualifying Speed

1 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 182.673
2 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 182.248
3 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 181.348
4 Marcos Ambrose (47) Toyota 181.324
5 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 180.385
6 Landon Cassill (71) Chevrolet 180.270
7 Robby Gordon (7) Toyota 179.414
8 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 178.436
9 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet -
10 Bobby Labonte (09) Chevrolet 170.562
11 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 174.729
12 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet -
13 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet -
14 Bill Elliott (21) Ford 168.914
15 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 173.066
16 Todd Bodine (164) Toyota -
17 Elliott Sadler (19) Ford -
18 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford -
19 Mike Bliss (132) Toyota 174.814
20 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet -
21 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 175.901
22 Dave Blaney (66) Toyota 174.689
23 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet -
24 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 176.638
25 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet -
26 Travis Kvapil (38) Ford 174.836
27 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 175.553
28 Casey Mears (36) Toyota -
29 Kasey Kahne (9) Ford -
30 David Reutimann (00) Toyota -
31 David Ragan (6) Ford 176.650
32 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 177.439
33 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 176.217
34 David Stremme (26) Ford -
35 Sam Hornish Jr. (77) Dodge -
36 Paul Menard (98) Ford 175.160
37 Max Papis (13) Toyota -
38 David Gilliland (37) Ford 174.419
39 Kevin Conway (34) Ford 172.276
40 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 177.696
41 J.J. Yeley (46) Dodge -
42 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 167.452
43 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota -
44 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 174.842
45 Michael McDowell (55) Toyota -
46 Scott Speed (82) Toyota -
47 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 176.980

Rick

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Friday, Jul 9, 2010 11:18 pm, EDT
Dollar General 300 Powered By Coca-Cola

Chicagoland Speedway

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 195/10 203 110 $0 Chart
NOTE*

2 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 175/5 203 51 $0 Chart
3 Brian Scott (11) Toyota 165/0 203 0 $0 Chart
4 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 160/0 203 0 $0 Chart
5 Jason Leffler () Toyota 155/0 203 0 $0 Chart
6 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 155/5 203 1 $0 Chart
7 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 151/5 203 9 $0 Chart
8 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota 142/0 203 0 $0 Chart
9 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 138/0 203 0 $0 Chart
10 Justin Allgaier (12) Dodge 139/5 203 4 $0 Chart
11 Paul Menard (98) Ford 130/0 203 0 $0 Chart
12 Steve Wallace (66) Toyota 127/0 203 0 $0 Chart
13 Parker Kligerman (42) Dodge 124/0 203 0 $0 Chart
14 Michael Annett (15) Toyota 121/0 203 0 $0 Chart
15 Joe Nemechek (87) Chevrolet 118/0 203 0 $0 Chart
16 Brendan Gaughan () Toyota 120/5 203 1 $0 Chart
17 Colin Braun (16) Ford 112/0 203 0 $0 Chart
18 Mike Bliss (132) Chevrolet 109/0 203 0 $0 Chart
19 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (6) Ford 106/0 203 0 $0 Chart
20 Shelby Howard (70) Chevrolet 103/0 202 0 $0 Chart
21 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 105/5 202 27 $0 Chart
22 Mike Wallace (192) Chevrolet 97/0 202 0 $0 Chart
23 Tony Raines (36) Chevrolet 94/0 201 0 $0 Chart
24 Danica Patrick (7) Chevrolet 91/0 201 0 $0 Chart
25 Morgan Shepherd () Chevrolet 88/0 200 0 $0 Chart
26 Justin Lofton (27) Ford 85/0 200 0 $0 Chart
27 Willie Allen (05) Chevrolet 82/0 200 0 $0 Chart
28 Kenny Wallace () Chevrolet 79/0 200 0 $0 Chart
29 Eric McClure () Ford 76/0 200 0 $0 Chart
30 Jason Keller (35) Chevrolet 73/0 199 0 $0 Chart
31 Robert Richardson Jr. (37) Chevrolet 70/0 198 0 $0 Chart
32 Trevor Bayne (99) Toyota 67/0 197 0 $0 Chart
33 Landon Cassill (71) Ford 64/0 110 0 $0 Chart
34 Brad Baker (43) Ford 61/0 102 0 $0 Chart
35 Michael McDowell (55) Dodge 58/0 100 0 $0 Chart
36 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 55/0 71 0 $0 Chart
37 Kevin Lepage () Toyota 52/0 34 0 $0 Chart
38 Mark Green (49) Chevrolet 49/0 32 0 $0 Chart
39 David Gilliland (37) Chevrolet 46/0 25 0 $0 Chart
40 Josh Wise () Ford 43/0 22 0 $0 Chart
41 Danny O'Quinn Jr. (90) Chevrolet 40/0 20 0 $0 Chart
42 Johnny Chapman (89) Chevrolet 37/0 4 0 $0 Chart
43 Dennis Setzer () Dodge 34/0 3 0 $0 Chart

NOTE* It was Busch’s 37th victory in NASCAR’s second-tier series, moving him into sole possession of second place in the series’ career wins list. Only Mark Martin has more, with 48.

Rick

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - NNS Race Final - Chicagoland Speedway

JOLIET, Ill. , Jul 9, 2010

JUSTIN ALLGAIER (No. 22 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger) Finished 10th
“From the time that we unloaded off the truck we felt like we were OK. We just never felt like we had the success that we’ve had at some of these other race tracks. This car in the past has been pretty good for us, so I was a little baffled as to why we ran like we did. We started the race and just kind of held our own. We weren’t moving forward, but we weren’t moving backwards either. Unfortunately, pit cycles and stuff happened and we lost some spots and ran around 15th for a long time. I made a mistake with the 99 and 16…it’s tough to say what happened…the 16 made a move and drove across three guys going down into Turn 3…I was watching him and actually thought that he got into the wall. Then the 99 checked up and…fortunately I’m not the kind of racer that goes out there and try to wreck people and when you get together with somebody it makes you feel horrible. I guess I screwed up. I haven’t seen the replay or know what exactly happened…I may have pinched him up and got them together and throwing him up the track. It’s not the day that we wanted. Yeah, we got a top 10, but we just didn’t race well today.”

PARKER KLIGERMAN (No. 42 Pelletier Brothers Inc/Get More Vacations.com Dodge Charger) Finished 13th
"We started off OK, just real tight there in the heat. When the sun fell, we got a little bit better with our Dodge Charger but just couldn't get it great for the whole run. We kept working on the car to get it looser and probably was a 15th place car. We didn't run as well as we wanted, but a solid performance overall."

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 12 Discount Tire Dodge Charger) Finished 22nd
DID YOU MISS YOUR PIT ON THAT FINAL CAUTION? “Yeah, I missed it. It wasn't going to hurt us (until the final caution and a green-white-checkered finish). It was going to be great for us; it was going to give us a second-place finish, maybe even better.

"Momma said there would be days like this. I ran out of gas here last year which broke my string of top-10 finishes and I’ll be damned if I didn't do it again. I guess we were six laps to the good and running under yellow just sucked all the gas out of the car. I ran out coming to the green. Just one of the deals I guess."

Rick

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
NASCAR Results

Last Updated: Saturday, Jul 10, 2010 11:23 pm, EDT
LifeLock.com 400

Chicagoland Speedway

Order Driver (No.) Car Pts/Bonus Laps Laps Led Winnings Lap Progress

1 David Reutimann (00) Toyota 190/5 267 52 $321,531 Chart
2 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 175/5 267 2 $242,423 Chart
3 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 170/5 267 47 $218,526 Chart
4 Clint Bowyer (33) Chevrolet 165/5 267 1 $154,725 Chart
5 Jamie McMurray (1) Chevrolet 160/5 267 72 $182,929 Chart
6 Kasey Kahne (9) Ford 150/0 267 0 $149,540 Chart
7 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 146/0 267 0 $142,915 Chart
8 Denny Hamlin (11) Toyota 142/0 267 0 $122,625 Chart
9 Tony Stewart (14) Chevrolet 138/0 267 0 $138,448 Chart
10 Paul Menard (98) Ford 134/0 267 0 $109,200 Chart
11 Martin Truex Jr. (56) Toyota 130/0 267 0 $98,700 Chart
12 David Ragan (6) Ford 127/0 267 0 $106,800 Chart
13 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 124/0 267 0 $145,351 Chart
14 A J Allmendinger (43) Ford 121/0 267 0 $131,976 Chart
15 Mark Martin (5) Chevrolet 118/0 267 0 $110,525 Chart
16 Juan Pablo Montoya (42) Chevrolet 120/5 267 1 $129,281 Chart
17 Kyle Busch (18) Toyota 112/0 267 0 $136,781 Chart
18 Brad Keselowski (12) Dodge 109/0 266 0 $119,135 Chart
19 Joey Logano (20) Toyota 106/0 266 0 $127,365 Chart
20 Regan Smith (78) Chevrolet 103/0 266 0 $98,425 Chart
21 Elliott Sadler (19) Ford 100/0 266 0 $99,475 Chart
22 Ryan Newman (39) Chevrolet 97/0 266 0 $123,354 Chart
23 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88) Chevrolet 94/0 266 0 $97,350 Chart
24 Sam Hornish Jr. (77) Dodge 91/0 266 0 $96,050 Chart
25 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 98/10 266 92 $138,453 Chart
26 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 85/0 265 0 $129,198 Chart
27 Reed Sorenson (83) Toyota 82/0 265 0 $124,123 Chart
28 Marcos Ambrose (47) Toyota 79/0 265 0 $113,248 Chart
29 Bobby Labonte (09) Chevrolet 76/0 265 0 $84,875 Chart
30 Scott Speed (82) Toyota 73/0 264 0 $101,198 Chart
31 Travis Kvapil (38) Ford 70/0 261 0 $104,185 Chart
32 David Gilliland (37) Ford 67/0 261 0 $95,798 Chart
33 Kevin Conway (34) Ford 64/0 256 0 $83,975 Chart
34 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 61/0 251 0 $118,176 Chart
35 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 58/0 225 0 $88,600 Chart
36 David Stremme (26) Ford 55/0 184 0 $88,400 Chart
37 Bill Elliott (21) Ford 52/0 176 0 $80,175 Chart
38 Robby Gordon (7) Toyota 49/0 174 0 $92,023 Chart
39 Landon Cassill (71) Chevrolet 46/0 73 0 $79,750 Chart
40 Casey Mears (36) Chevrolet 43/0 49 0 $79,530 Chart
41 Mike Bliss (132) Toyota 40/0 40 0 $79,280 Chart
42 Max Papis (13) Toyota 37/0 40 0 $79,110 Chart
43 Joe Nemechek (87) Toyota 34/0 20 0 $79,381 Chart

Standings
Sprint Cup

Rank (+/-) Drivers Total Pts Behind Starts Poles Wins Top 5 Top 10 DNF Winnings
1 - Kevin Harvick 2684 Leader 19 2 2 8 13 0 $3,835,870
2 +3 Jeff Gordon 2472 212 19 0 0 9 10 2 $3,184,617
3 -1 Jimmie Johnson 2459 225 19 1 5 8 11 4 $4,066,997
4 +2 Kurt Busch 2439 245 19 2 2 7 11 0 $4,284,003
5 -1 Denny Hamlin 2400 284 19 0 5 7 7 0 $3,203,383
6 -3 Kyle Busch 2376 308 19 2 2 5 9 1 $3,428,982
7 - Matt Kenseth 2322 362 19 0 0 4 8 0 $2,954,742
8 - Jeff Burton 2319 365 19 0 0 4 8 0 $2,804,929
9 - Tony Stewart 2251 433 19 1 0 4 8 1 $2,810,088
10 - Greg Biffle 2234 450 19 0 0 2 10 1 $2,669,562
11 +2 Dale Earnhardt Jr. 2177 507 19 1 0 2 6 0 $2,907,703
12 - Carl Edwards 2170 514 19 0 0 1 7 2 $2,665,522
13 -2 Mark Martin 2131 553 19 1 0 5 6 3 $2,436,963
14 +1 Clint Bowyer 2121 563 19 0 0 1 9 2 $2,367,629
15 -1 Ryan Newman 2090 594 19 1 1 2 6 4 $2,670,221
16 +4 Kasey Kahne 2016 668 19 1 0 5 6 3 $2,952,904
17 +2 David Reutimann 2000 684 19 0 0 3 3 3 $2,667,633
18 -2 Joey Logano 1997 687 19 1 0 2 7 2 $2,660,490
19 -2 Jamie McMurray 1945 739 19 2 1 4 5 3 $4,065,696
20 -2 Martin Truex Jr. 1930 754 19 1 0 1 4 2 $2,187,189
21 +1 Juan Pablo Montoya 1924 760 19 1 0 4 8 6 $2,662,777
22 -1 A J Allmendinger 1900 784 19 1 0 0 3 2 $2,440,443
23 - Paul Menard 1847 837 19 0 0 1 2 1 $1,902,704
24 +2 Scott Speed 1765 919 19 0 0 0 2 0 $2,034,989
25 - Brad Keselowski 1721 963 19 0 0 0 0 4 $2,265,570
26 -2 David Ragan 1709 975 19 0 0 0 1 1 $1,902,799
27 - Marcos Ambrose 1660 1024 19 0 0 0 2 7 $2,185,301
28 - Elliott Sadler 1650 1034 19 0 0 0 0 2 $1,854,589
29 - Sam Hornish Jr. 1604 1080 19 0 0 0 0 2 $1,835,674
30 - Regan Smith 1496 1188 19 0 0 0 0 3 $1,819,889
31 - Bobby Labonte 1391 1293 19 0 0 0 0 4 $1,777,289
32 - Robby Gordon 1334 1350 17 0 0 1 1 3 $1,884,926
33 +1 Travis Kvapil 1233 1451 18 0 0 0 0 2 $1,697,488
34 -1 David Gilliland 1193 1491 16 0 0 0 0 1 $1,474,879
35 +1 Kevin Conway 1169 1515 18 0 0 0 0 2 $1,573,122
36 -1 Brian Vickers 1158 1526 11 0 0 0 3 2 $1,579,832
37 - David Stremme 770 1914 11 0 0 0 0 2 $858,375
38 +2 Mike Bliss 759 1925 11 0 0 0 2 5 $1,004,115
39 -1 Joe Nemechek 729 1955 18 0 0 0 0 17 $1,479,238
40 -1 Max Papis 699 1985 15 0 0 0 0 8 $1,276,755
41 - Dave Blaney 622 2062 15 0 0 0 0 14 $1,148,701
42 - Casey Mears 556 2128 8 0 0 0 0 1 $799,459
43 +3 J.J. Yeley 491 2193 8 0 0 0 0 5 $630,029
44 -1 Michael McDowell 471 2213 12 0 0 0 0 12 $1,076,233
45 -1 Bill Elliott 448 2236 6 0 0 0 0 0 $629,104
46 -1 Boris Said 399 2285 5 0 0 0 1 2 $636,920
47 - Reed Sorenson 353 2331 6 0 0 0 1 3 $527,232
48 +3 Robert Richardson Jr. 249 2435 3 0 0 0 0 1 $524,460
49 -1 Michael Waltrip 200 2484 3 0 0 0 0 2 $486,063
50 -1 Todd Bodine 169 2515 4 0 0 0 0 4 $345,109
51 -1 Terry Cook 164 2520 3 0 0 0 0 2 $240,170
52 - Aric Almirola 154 2530 4 0 0 0 0 4 $330,573
53 - Johnny Sauter 154 2530 4 0 0 0 0 4 $308,612
54 - Steve Park 129 2555 1 0 0 0 0 0 $100,400
55 -1 Jan Magnussen 127 2557 1 0 0 0 0 0 $92,500
56 -1 Mattias Ekstrom 105 2579 1 0 0 0 0 0 $118,023
57 -1 Scott Riggs 79 2605 1 0 0 0 0 0 $72,575
58 -1 Andy Lally 52 2632 1 0 0 0 0 1 $69,625
59 -1 John Andretti 49 2635 1 0 0 0 0 1 $286,779
60 -1 Landon Cassill 49 2635 2 0 0 0 0 1 $71,690
61 -1 Geoff Bodine 40 2644 1 0 0 0 0 1 $63,045
62 -1 P.J. Jones 40 2644 1 0 0 0 0 1 $71,025
63 -1 Tony Raines 37 2647 1 0 0 0 0 1 $93,129
64 -1 Chad McCumbee 37 2647 1 0 0 0 0 1 $62,890

Rick

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Race Final - Chicagoland Speedway

JOLIET, Ill. , Jul 10, 2010 - Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chicagoland Speedway
LIFELOCK.COM 400
Post-Race Quotes

BRAD KESELOWSKI (No. 12 Penske Racing Dodge Charger) Finished 18th
“It was a decent night for our Penske Dodge. We were never able to get our car better than 15th all night long. We feel like we had a really good package for this place, we just need to make it a little bit better. This is the best that we’ve run on a mile-and-a-half in a while. I’m proud of Jay (Guy, crew chief) and all the guys for hanging in there all night trying to tweak our car to make it faster. We were competitive, but we still have to get faster.”

WHERE WAS THE BIGGEST STRUGGLE TONIGHT? “We were just off a little bit everywhere. It was definitely a struggle. There wasn’t really one area that you can specifically identify. We have to be better a little bit in the corner and down the straightaway. We were just a little off on our car everywhere.”

WAS IT A DIFFICULT TRANSITION WHEN THE RACE WENT FROM DAY TO NIGHT? “For us, it wasn’t. We did a good job of being prepared for the transition. We were pretty consistent throughout the night.”

TRAVIS GEISLER (Crew Chief, No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger) Finished 24th
“You look at COT cars in general, when you miss it (the setup) by a little bit; it shows up huge because everybody is so close. It’s tough. I wish we could be putting on better races for the fans in general. It was a tough night for the Mobil 1 Dodge, but I wish we could put on a better show.

“The track changes so much here throughout the race. When you start, it’s sunny out. Then it goes to cool conditions in the night. I think another part that makes this a difficult place is we only come here once a year, we practice from 11:30 to 1:30 and race from 6:30 until 10 o’clock. It’s a pretty major change from what you do during practice. Some cars respond well to it and some cars don’t respond well.”

KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger) Finished 26th
“It was just a tough night for our Miller Lite Dodge. This one has us scratching our heads a bit since we’ve been so strong on the mile-and-a-half tracks. We just missed it tonight. There was just something off on our Miller Lite Dodge and we couldn’t get to the bottom of it. We were tight, loose; there was so much drag in the car that it was just slow. I told Steve (Addington, crew chief) that we need to put this car on the chassis dyno and back in the wind tunnel to figure out what went wrong. It’s just strange. We got bad-loose and everything that we threw at it didn’t make it better. We threw wholesale changes at it including front shocks midway through the race and that’s about as good as our car was all night. We’ll take our lumps tonight. We’re still a strong team and our Miller Lite Dodge is really solid. We’ve got the off-week next weekend and then head to Indy. I’m confident that Steve and the team will have us ready to go for the Brickyard.”

Rick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in