Nitro: Styling Cues From LR3? - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Nitro: Styling Cues From LR3?

This is not meant as a bash in any way because the Nitro is a dynamite looking truck, but there's no way the design team came up with the Nitro without taking a good, hard look at the new Land Rover LR3. I mean...right down to the air-intake vent. (Which Caddy also borrowed for the '07 Escalade.)

I can't be the only one who see this, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:30 PM

Re: Nitro: Styling Cues From LR3?

Funny you mention that Tony. I was looking at pictures of the Nitro the other day and my son asked in passing "Is that a new Land Rover"?

I think they looked back to the early 50's Willys Wagon for the design.

Last edited by bald1; 01-08-2007 at 02:25 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Willys...The true pioneer of 4 x 4s.

Your son's got a good eye there Bald1!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 12:24 AM

Someone drove a couple year old Hummer H1 to work today & parked right next to my Nitro. It was funny to see the two side by side. Obviously the Nitro is a lot smaller. But the Hummer had those same vents, the squared off, flat doors, & the short windows.
The Nitro isn't necessarily unique in styling, but uses some of the same features & puts it in a more realistic package. I can't imagine the Hummer gets great mileage or is very easy to park in a tight lot.

--
Bill
'07 Dodge Nitro SLT 4x4
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky
Someone drove a couple year old Hummer H1 to work today & parked right next to my Nitro. It was funny to see the two side by side. Obviously the Nitro is a lot smaller. But the Hummer had those same vents, the squared off, flat doors, & the short windows.
The Nitro isn't necessarily unique in styling, but uses some of the same features & puts it in a more realistic package. I can't imagine the Hummer gets great mileage or is very easy to park in a tight lot.
I think the Dodge design team are geniuses! Think about it. Almost all the main stream American SUV's going for a more and more rounded look... chasing after Acura & Lexus I presume. Dodge looks at the big heavy hitters Range Rover & Hummer and says... Let's build a bad boy package like that, but one that is more practical for more people. BAM... NITRO!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in