Ram is Mopar’s® most-accessorized vehicle
Posted Tuesday, Sep 8, 2009, 10:06 am in Employee News
Trailer-Tow Mirrors for the 2009 Dodge Ram.
And the most popular accessory for the all-new 2009 Dodge Ram is … a brand new set of Mopar® tubular side steps.
The award-winning Dodge Ram is the most-accessorized vehicle in the Chrysler Group LLC product lineup, followed closely by Jeep® Wrangler, Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan.
“Mopar offers more than 70 proven, quality-tested accessories and parts for customers to personalize their Dodge Ram,” Pietro Gorlier, President and Chief Executive Officer, Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, said. “For all of our Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles, we offer more than 280,000 parts and accessories for customers to customize or refresh their rides.”
Top 10 Mopar accessories for the Dodge Ram
Following is a list of the top 10 most popular Mopar accessories and performance parts – that Dodge Ram owners purchase to personalize their trucks:
1. Tubular Side Steps: Provide skid-resistant stepping surfaces for easy vehicle entry and exit; available in black or chrome and constructed of light-weight anodized aluminum or powder-coated steel. Manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP):
Regular Cab: Black $307. Regular Cab: Chrome, $461.
Quad Cab®: Black $358. Quad Cab: Chrome, $563.
Crew Cab: Black $389. Crew Cab: Chrome, $614.
2. Bed Liner: Features ribbed design for outstanding drainage. The skid-resistant, under-the-rail liner is tailored for a perfect fit and provides full use of integrated vertical and horizontal storage dividers. MSRP: $325.
3. Trailer-Hitch Receiver: Designed as a one-piece welded assembly and built to match Dodge Ram’s impressive towing capacity, the hitch receiver is covered with a two-layer, E-coat paint finish that resists rust. MSRP: $126.
4. Trailer-Tow Mirrors: 8.75 inch by 7.75 inch mirrors offers improved visibility while towing with convex spotter (3.5 inch by 4.25 inch) glass for superior blind-spot visibility. Mopar trailer-tow mirrors manually telescopes out 4.5 inches and folds in. Heated, power control and defrost function remain active. MSRP: $436.
5. Front-air Deflector: Constructed of shatter-resistant polymers and custom molded to complement Dodge Ram’s bold front-end styling, the front-air deflector creates an air stream that directs insects and road spray up and away from the hood and windshield. MSRP:
Body Colored: $109.
6. Deluxe Molded Splash Guards: Designed to be rigid yet forgivable, splash guards are paintable and provide excellent lower-body protection as they are custom-molded to the contours of Ram. MSRP: $43.45 for a pair.
7. Sport Performance Hood: Features an integrated scoop for an aggressive look, the sheet metal replacement hood is manufactured with original equipment materials for a perfect fit and finish. MSRP: $976.
8. Fiberglass Tonneau Cover: Custom-designed for a perfect match with any Dodge Ram exterior color, the durable, easy-opening cover includes inner and outer liners to prevent cracks and features a built-in tailgate lock for added security. MSRP:
5.7-foot bed, $1,250
6.3-foot bed, $1,290
9. Soft Tonneau Cover: Made of shrink-resistant fabric that features a snapless design for an ultra-clean look, the durable Mopar tonneau cover resists mildew, water and ultra violet rays. MSRP:
5.7-foot bed, $391
6.3-foot bed, $415
8.0-foot bed, $470
10. Fog Lights: Designed specifically for Dodge Ram, Mopar fog lights undercut inclement weather and minimize glare. MSRP: $175.
Where is the NITRO?