What is the FASTEST color?? - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Arrow What is the FASTEST color??

Ok, we have all heard the rumor that red cars are the "fastest". What does everyone else thing?? Also, do you all think that it is true that yellow and red cars are more likely to get pulled over than say, a grey or white car...Could this possibly be where the "red cars are faster" rumor started? PLEASE anyone just let your thoughts flow!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:40 PM

Re: What is the FASTEST color??

I would say that color is a personal thing, and which ever one gets your heart racing the fastest is the one for you.

As far as red and yellow getting pulled over more than other cars, there may be some truth to that one. People that buy those colors are generally more outgoing and like to live a little more on the edge than others. IE - speeding limits mean less to them than someone 'afraid' of breaking the law. But I know that you wouldn't be one of those now would you?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBluNITRO
I would say that color is a personal thing, and which ever one gets your heart racing the fastest is the one for you.

As far as red and yellow getting pulled over more than other cars, there may be some truth to that one. People that buy those colors are generally more outgoing and like to live a little more on the edge than others. IE - speeding limits mean less to them than someone 'afraid' of breaking the law. But I know that you wouldn't be one of those now would you?
Lol nope! I got a silver nitro so I could blend in (and keep it clean longer). Also, at my age, if I get a ticket, my insurance would go through the roof!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsairkid
Lol nope! I got a silver nitro so I could blend in (and keep it clean longer). Also, at my age, if I get a ticket, my insurance would go through the roof!
Yeah, it's hell being young! Hehehe!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:46 PM

I think Red & Yellow definitely turn heads the most.

The only time I ever got pulled over was in my red Vette on the way to Laughlin.
Hubby was driving and the CHP officer was ticked he couldn't get us on speed, so wrote a fix-it ticket for no front plate

My yellow Vette is faster than my red one and all my street rods have been yellow (except my truck, but it has yellow paint showing through under the orange)
....so I vote YELLOW is FASTEST!

Linda...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMEEE
I think Red & Yellow definitely turn heads the most.

The only time I ever got pulled over was in my red Vette on the way to Laughlin.
Hubby was driving and the CHP officer was ticked he couldn't get us on speed, so wrote a fix-it ticket for no front plate

My yellow Vette is faster than my red one and all my street rods have been yellow (except my truck, but it has yellow paint showing through under the orange)
....so I vote YELLOW is FASTEST!
Yea I have to agree, It has the lightening look to it
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 10:13 AM

Sun Burst Orange, the new kid on the block. Stop living that boring life and move outside the box. It's more to see when you venture outside the walls.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntOrange
Sun Burst Orange, the new kid on the block. Stop living that boring life and move outside the box. It's more to see when you venture outside the walls.
Hey, my pick-up is orange... does that count??

Linda...

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 PM

Well, everyone knows that brilliant black crystal pearl is the fastest color as my SRT8 Charger is that color. However, the wife's Nitro is the SunBurst Orange and I am truly surprised at its quickness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in