What is the FASTEST color?? - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 121
Arrow What is the FASTEST color??

Ok, we have all heard the rumor that red cars are the "fastest". What does everyone else thing?? Also, do you all think that it is true that yellow and red cars are more likely to get pulled over than say, a grey or white car...Could this possibly be where the "red cars are faster" rumor started? PLEASE anyone just let your thoughts flow!!
corsairkid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Senior Member
 
MyBluNITRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: East Texas
Posts: 141
Re: What is the FASTEST color??

I would say that color is a personal thing, and which ever one gets your heart racing the fastest is the one for you.

As far as red and yellow getting pulled over more than other cars, there may be some truth to that one. People that buy those colors are generally more outgoing and like to live a little more on the edge than others. IE - speeding limits mean less to them than someone 'afraid' of breaking the law. But I know that you wouldn't be one of those now would you?
MyBluNITRO is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 121
Re: What is the FASTEST color??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBluNITRO
I would say that color is a personal thing, and which ever one gets your heart racing the fastest is the one for you.

As far as red and yellow getting pulled over more than other cars, there may be some truth to that one. People that buy those colors are generally more outgoing and like to live a little more on the edge than others. IE - speeding limits mean less to them than someone 'afraid' of breaking the law. But I know that you wouldn't be one of those now would you?
Lol nope! I got a silver nitro so I could blend in (and keep it clean longer). Also, at my age, if I get a ticket, my insurance would go through the roof!
corsairkid is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Senior Member
 
MyBluNITRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: East Texas
Posts: 141
Re: What is the FASTEST color??

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsairkid
Lol nope! I got a silver nitro so I could blend in (and keep it clean longer). Also, at my age, if I get a ticket, my insurance would go through the roof!
Yeah, it's hell being young! Hehehe!
MyBluNITRO is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Senior Member
 
HEMEEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 220
Re: What is the FASTEST color??

I think Red & Yellow definitely turn heads the most.

The only time I ever got pulled over was in my red Vette on the way to Laughlin.
Hubby was driving and the CHP officer was ticked he couldn't get us on speed, so wrote a fix-it ticket for no front plate

My yellow Vette is faster than my red one and all my street rods have been yellow (except my truck, but it has yellow paint showing through under the orange)
....so I vote YELLOW is FASTEST!




Linda...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
HEMEEE is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 121
Re: What is the FASTEST color??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMEEE
I think Red & Yellow definitely turn heads the most.

The only time I ever got pulled over was in my red Vette on the way to Laughlin.
Hubby was driving and the CHP officer was ticked he couldn't get us on speed, so wrote a fix-it ticket for no front plate

My yellow Vette is faster than my red one and all my street rods have been yellow (except my truck, but it has yellow paint showing through under the orange)
....so I vote YELLOW is FASTEST!
Yea I have to agree, It has the lightening look to it
corsairkid is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Junior Member
 
BurntOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7
Re: What is the FASTEST color??

Sun Burst Orange, the new kid on the block. Stop living that boring life and move outside the box. It's more to see when you venture outside the walls.
BurntOrange is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Senior Member
 
HEMEEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 220
Re: What is the FASTEST color??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntOrange
Sun Burst Orange, the new kid on the block. Stop living that boring life and move outside the box. It's more to see when you venture outside the walls.
Hey, my pick-up is orange... does that count??




Linda...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
HEMEEE is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 4
Re: What is the FASTEST color??

Well, everyone knows that brilliant black crystal pearl is the fastest color as my SRT8 Charger is that color. However, the wife's Nitro is the SunBurst Orange and I am truly surprised at its quickness.
Aremel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome