What's Your Story? - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Talking What's Your Story?

Usernames - I've seen some pretty interesting ones... many from members who joined but only read and have never made a post.
Talking about yourself is a great way to break the ice, so c'mon in, sit a spell and tell us... what made you choose the username you did? What's your story?

Linda...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:24 PM

Re: What's Your Story?

Corsairkid-- Well my highschool's mascot is a Corsair (pirate) so I guess its pretty simple. And obviously I am a kid, so I think you can put two and two together...
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for starting us off kid... and welcome!

Linda...

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMEEE
Thanks for starting us off kid... and welcome!
Thanks! I have been here for a little over a week now but really havnt posted much. I will make a thread that will tell the adventures I have had over that past week... should draw some attention lol.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 02:04 PM

Aremel - It's actually just my initials "RML".

I've been on Chargerforums.com for some time now, but I just bought a Nitro for my wife last night. Just checking in to gather some information about things I should know.

I am curious though - the dealer told us that the UConnect buttons on the dash wouldn't work as Dodge hasn't been able to get the UConnect working for the Nitros yet. To be honest, I haven't even read the manual yet as I haven't had time. I know the Sirius radio is working fine though/
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Hey Aremel, welcome over here... now I have the pleasure of your company on TWO forums!

Linda...

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 04:34 PM

Ditto back at ya!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

On your UConnect question... the Nitro is so different than the 300/Chargers I'm used to in that there are different areas that the UConnect can be located. Did you check your options list on the window sticker? I'm not sure I understand it all, but this is my impression of what I have read...

-If you have MyGig then UConnect is included
-If you have the standard radio you may have a UConnect button but it will say "Not Available" if you attempt pairing but don't actually have a UConnect module
-If you have the rearview mirror with UConnect buttons (like we're used to in the LX) you do have UConnect.

If you don't have UConnect as a factory install, it is my understanding you can have the MoPar unit added by the dealer just like the LX's have done.

That's about all *think* I know and hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong!!

Linda...

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 PM

Thanks Linda. I think option 2 above is the story. I checked the window sticker tonight and UConnect wasn't included, so I am interested in getting hooked up with the MOPAR unit. If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd sure appreciate it.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aremel
Thanks Linda. I think option 2 above is the story. I checked the window sticker tonight and UConnect wasn't included, so I am interested in getting hooked up with the MOPAR unit. If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd sure appreciate it.
Hey Aremel, I'm afraid your question will get buried in this thread, how about you start a new one with an obvious title so others can reach out to you and those with this same issue can follow along. PM me when you do and I'll move a few posts.

I know with the LX you needed the MoPar Auto-Dimming Mirror, wiring harnesses for the mirror & radio, and the "Telematic" module. Several members at 300cforums even did the install themselves (brave souls). Not sure if the same parts needed holds true for the Nitro... you might want to send a PM at chargerforums to Jeff & Ted at MoPar SuperCenter to see if they can provide you with part numbers or a kit number? If anyone can find out for you, they can and you'll get a fair price from them, GREAT guys.

Linda...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in