Dodge Nitro: bigger tires - Page 3 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 04:45 PM

Happy - Not Happy...

I was so happy to see someone else was thinking like I am... However, I'm not happy with the response... Did you ever get any help?

CM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:31 AM

no response

Sadly this forum seems to have little activity, so no I was not able to get a response yet. Hopefully somebody will see it and respond soon though. Sorry I couknt help more.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 09:09 PM

i dont have any idea. try to look for other nitro threads. i think there are lots of solutions regarding to your tire possible to put on a stock 20" rim

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 12:15 PM

Time for new tires--Question

Hey everyone, I have an 2007 sxt with 235/65/17 tires and was looking into the BF Goodrich Ta Ko's all terrains. Anyone have any thoughts on them? They are only offered in 245/70/17 a little larger than what is stock. I realize that the speedometer is going to be a little off (5mph), which I can have adjusted as well as the TPMS sensors. But, mainly I don't want to rub on the front wheel wells either. There aren't too many tires offered for us that are beefier it seems for the 235/65/17. Just wondering if they would work. They seem to get good reviews on the various tire websites.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Hello jskits, Welcome to the forum.

The 245/70R17 may rub without some modifications. I would recommend looking at the 245/65R17. These are a little taller and wider than your stock tires but you shouldn't have an rubbing with them. There are a lot of great tires in this size. Here's a link. Let us know if we can help you more.

Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

-Travis
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 12:39 PM

Question Biggest tire For a 2inch lift?

I have jus ordered a 2" lift for my nitro and was wondering what would b the biggest size pair of tires that I should order for the lift
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 08:45 AM

Need New Tires

I need new tires for my 2008 Nitro SXT 4X4. I put stock 225 75 16 on the last time. Was not happy with the wear I received. Currently run 235 75 16 Goodyear Silent Armor on my work Escape and like them a lot. I am told by the local Dealer that they can only get Silent Armors in 235 75 16. Will they fit without Rubbing. I would be going from an overall Dia. of 29.28 to 29.87 inches. I don't want to mount them and find that they give me a problem. Speed can be adjusted manually and the Tire Sensor can be fixed also I would assume. Any help is appreciated
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I need new tires for my 2008 Nitro SXT 4X4. I put stock 225 75 16 on the last time. Was not happy with the wear I received. Currently run 235 75 16 Goodyear Silent Armor on my work Escape and like them a lot. I am told by the local Dealer that they can only get Silent Armors in 235 75 16. Will they fit without Rubbing. I would be going from an overall Dia. of 29.28 to 29.87 inches. I don't want to mount them and find that they give me a problem. Speed can be adjusted manually and the Tire Sensor can be fixed also I would assume. Any help is appreciated
Have you sought advice from another source like from our Supporting Vendor? Could be of some help... Good Luck.
Dodge Nitro Forum - View Profile: Discount Tire Direct

https://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f2...-posting-1588/

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the referral freestonerivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestonerivers View Post
The 235/75R16 will work fine on your stock wheels if you don't mind going with a slightly larger tire. Here's a link to the tires we have available in this size and your stock size. If you would like to talk about some of these options feel free to give us a ring, anyone here would be happy to help you.

225/75R16
235/75R16

If you are curious about how much your speedometer might be off, here's a link to our tire size calculator for an estimate: Tire Size Calculator - Discount Tire Direct

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 11:57 PM

Normal Operation

Well after close to a year of owning my 2011 shock 4wd, I have experienced a few things that may be normal operation for the Nitro. I have only put about 5K miles on it. I'm currently at a little over 44K.

I did some searching, but didn't see anything directly that matches some things I am experiencing.

I have noticed that when I use 4wd, there is a slight whining noise when I accelerate. Sounds like its coming from under the rear seats, so I would guess transfer case, but haven't climbed under to check and see. As soon as you let off a bit or driving at a constant speed, the noise fades away. Dealer claims that some whine for the transfer case is normal. I haven't experienced this with other 4wd vehicles, so wanted to some input from other owners.

Another thing I have noticed is that when traction control kicks in, in 2wd or 4wd, the headlights seem to flicker. Its like they brighten and dim very quickly. They are not flashing on and off, but best way to explain it is a flicker. It will do this until you let up on the gas to stop spinning. It can be a bit annoying when you are behind someone at a stop light and there is snow or ice on the road. They think I am flashing my lights at them.

Since I don't ever plan on towing anything near the 5K capacity, can I put a different, possibly softer shock in to help with the rough ride? It seems like even the slightest imperfection in the road is amplified quite a bit.

When I had it in for an oil change and free inspection, they said the shocks, tie rods, and ball joints seemed in good working order.

There are some other little things, but I can ask about those later. LOL.

Thanks

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in