From Dodge Nitro Service Manual
STEERING SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS CHART
1. Loose steering gear mounting fasteners.
1. Check fasteners for proper torque and retighten as necessary.
- 2. Loose outer tie rod mounting nut or jam nut.
2. Check fastener torque. Replace nuts as necessary and tighten to specifications.
3. Loose intermediate (steering) shaft coupling at gear input shaft.
3. Make sure coupling is fully seated on gear input shaft. Retighten or re-seat as necessary.
- 4. Worn tie rod (outer or inner).
4. For evaluation and correction, see DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING. -
5. Worn axle half-shaft.
5. For evaluation and correction, refer to DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING .
Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options