lowering springs are available!!!!! - Dodge Nitro Forum
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Suspension drop for Nitro

Anyone heard of any lowering kits available yet for the 07 Nitro? I am working with an 07 3.7 2wd.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 06:29 AM

i do believe that eibach makes a kit, let me check when i get to the shop and i'll post the part#
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:50 PM

How bout Air Ride? if you want to lower it do it w/ some style. or just get the biggest wheels to fill in the fender gap so you don't have to lower it. 2˘

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 07:43 PM

Hi there, I am getting a dodge nitro soon and want to lower it on 22 inch wheels. If I just lower it by 2 inches with springs, will this be enough?
will this also kill the shocks, just lowering with springs?
Thanks Alan (Melbourne Austrlalia)
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07nitr0
How bout Air Ride? if you want to lower it do it w/ some style. or just get the biggest wheels to fill in the fender gap so you don't have to lower it. 2˘
I've checked with a couple people so far on air ride and it has to be custom done. I was told it was a pretty big hassle and it really didn't get the results you look for from an air suspension.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennos0
Hi there, I am getting a dodge nitro soon and want to lower it on 22 inch wheels. If I just lower it by 2 inches with springs, will this be enough?
will this also kill the shocks, just lowering with springs?
Thanks Alan (Melbourne Austrlalia)
Just be careful with 22's that you don't use a tire that exceeds 30 1/2 inches in diameter. There is a 1" rib behind the front wheels that will end up cutting into the tire if you go any larger. It is the joint where the firewall, floorboards and inner fender come together and it is right behind (almost touching) the fender well. You can drop the Nitro with 22's but you may have to have a very skinny tire and in my opinion, you will lose whatever ride comfort you have now. I know my R/T has quite a bit more stiff of a ride than a similar Nitro on 18" rims with a fatter tire.

Lowering your ride with springs will work but if you go 2 inches you might want to look into a little shorter strut as the total lift may be enough to unseat the springs if you hit the right pot hole.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Nitro R/T, Chrome Bug Deflector , In Channel Vent Guards, Stainless Bull Bar and Nerf Bars.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:55 PM

Exclamation lowering springs are available!!!!!

hello, go to www.eibach.com and or www.drivewire.com and type in dodge nitro then surf their site until you get to the lowering springs and suspension modifications. hope this helps all of you.

mcnabb in louisiana............

#E272885540 EIBACH LOWERING KIT
Brand: EIBACH
Availability: In Stock(1) - Usually ships within 24hrs
Stock By Warhouse: East Coast: 0 MidWest: 0 West Coast: 1 SouthEast: 0
Your Price: $252.54

Retail Price: 345.94

Description:
Lowering Kit: 2007 Dodge Nitro V6; Pro-Kit. For more information on this product, please call one of our expert sales associates at (800) 895-8910.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[

Last edited by MCNABB; 11-08-2007 at 12:02 AM.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:28 AM

to drop or not to drop ??????

so i just got my 2007 nitro and i love it its sweet roomy and [email protected]$$ looking ive been reading alota threads but i still got some questions. i know the nitro will fit 22" rims easy but can i drop it 2" and put 20" rims on it? will that look good or will it be tacky? will the rims fit? ive never droped a truck before so i cant visualize the final result! also my fog light holes have hard platic running thru can i just cut that stuff out to ad fog lamps of my own
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 PM

So - 137 people have read this and no answer? Wow - lots of support here... I wish I could help.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 06:45 PM

2" Drop

Got my Eibach Lowering springs put on about a week ago. Needs to have an alignment done, and holy shit does it ride rough. Its like sitting in the back of the school bus sometimes. Anyways. It looks 100% better and it makes the 20's look bigger. Hope this helps some of you out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in