Tyres - Dodge Nitro Forum
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Tyres

Got a new Dodge Nitro Auto in March . Loved it until Saturday 7th June when I got a serious puncture (not repairable) Should not be a worry or so I thought. The roadside assistance guy fitted the stupid dinner plate sized 'space saver spare' and advised me of the limited miles and speed. Not a problem I would get the tyre repaired the next day

IN MY DREAMS!!!

No tyre fitter in the UK had a tyre-Im talking internet/UK wide. My dealer does not have a tyre and Chrysler advise me that the Goodyear eagle P245 50 R20 will not come on stream in the UK until sometime in July. I am waiting on my courtesy car as we speak!!

Ps each tyre costs £380!!!! not including fitting.

Watch out!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 PM
CBH

GOODYEAR tires suck and I've had mine rebalanced 3x already and still have a paint shaker. I've been told by the dealer that there is nothing else for them to do and that I need to call GOODYEAR and buy new tires! F that 6 months old and have had the problem from day one! NO WAY!! GOOD LUCK
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 10:15 PM

My Australian delivered Nitro has a full size spare on a steel rim, and we've done nearly 80,000 km (49,000 miles) which i'm quite pleased with, didn't expect to get that much.
No problems with balance either, unlike some other tires i've had on other cars....

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 PM

I switched to Toyo Open Country AT on my 07 SXT at 43,500miles (70,000km) as I was very pleased with the Toyo on my 97 Cherokee. The Goodyears were still legal but I didn't like the feel when cornering at speed.
Now have 80,000miles (128,750km) on the truck and think I'll get to next winter before the tyres (Canadian English) will needing replacement. Also am still very happy with them. I rotate every spring.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 06:17 PM

Forgot to mention, mine has the 20" rims, not the 17"? that some nitros have
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 PM

I run P225/75R16. I did hear a while ago that 20" were difficult to get hold of.

Last edited by jhnhopkins; 01-20-2011 at 06:30 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 06:31 PM

Yes i'm probably about to find out if the 20's are hard to get; i've asked my tyre shop if they can get me 3 goodyear eagle rs-a (?) 's (the factory fitted tyre) so i can use the spare. Otherwise i'll have to get 4 of something else, if we can find some.
You never know, i might end up getting some new (smaller) wheels and tyres for cheaper than new 20's
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 04:12 PM

I'm thinking that this is something that buyers should be aware of when looking at a new vehicle, and find out availability of such things as tyres before buying. "Damn, those wheels look nice" while the vehicle is up on blocks for months waiting for tyres doesn't cut it. At least when/if you go for a smaller rim/wheel, you should have no problem selling your 20"tyres. lol
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 PM

A lot of HSV Holden owners find this out; they buy their flash car then when they wear the tyres out in 10000 km they find out how much the tyres are & they end up buying cheap chinese tyres for a car that'll do nearly 300 kmh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in