Hi from Australia - Dodge Nitro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Hi from Australia

Hi all,

I'm from Australia and my wife and I are looking at buying a KA Nitro CRD.

We have always had various different Jeeps for offroading etc but we love the look of the Nitro compared to the KK Cherokee (Liberty). We're hoping that we can buy a Nitro and swap in a dual range transfer case from a KK so we can have the best of both worlds!

However Nitro's aren't cheap over here, approx $20k (AU) for a diesel Nitro, for us this is a big investment that I don't want to get wrong.

I'm hoping to use this forum to help educate me and others as I learn about these tough looking vehicles.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 11:39 AM

Hello
Welcome to the forum my friend,and you have a good chance to hook up with a Nitro from one of our members for most who read the forum will reply if they can help in any way for tha has been my experience. Made a 7 day trip to Sydney in 1967 for R&R from Viet Nam and I must say I enjoyed your country to the max and it was great to welcomed with all I met wanted to make my visit the best. Well I hope you find your Nitro soon for I agree the Nitro has lines that no other SUV has and I feel that in the future the Nitro will be become a classic and may be difficult to find. God bless you and your family. Civpol
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by civpol View Post
Hello
Welcome to the forum my friend,and you have a good chance to hook up with a Nitro from one of our members for most who read the forum will reply if they can help in any way for tha has been my experience. Made a 7 day trip to Sydney in 1967 for R&R from Viet Nam and I must say I enjoyed your country to the max and it was great to welcomed with all I met wanted to make my visit the best. Well I hope you find your Nitro soon for I agree the Nitro has lines that no other SUV has and I feel that in the future the Nitro will be become a classic and may be difficult to find. God bless you and your family. Civpol
Hi Civpol,

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

I still haven't managed to figure out if I can swap in a Jeep KK transfer case to get low range.. I may just have to buy one and be the first one to try it .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Buy / Sell > Cars For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in