07 Nitro MPG thing going crazy - Dodge Nitro Forum
General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Dodge Nitro - if it doesnt fit in a more specific section, use this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Question 07 Nitro MPG thing going crazy

My MPG thing has started going crazy. I normally get around 19 mpg. Today when I was driving it was jumping all around. Even jumped up to 26 at one point. I can get up to 20 every once in awhile. Anybody else have or had this problem and what do you think it is? It is no longer under warranty so I really don't want to take it to the dealership.

Last edited by Lynn; 02-11-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Got it fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 10:08 AM

Car doing crazy things also!

My car locks without touching the remote lock button, constantly making the beep noise all the time. Getting worse. Also, I just had the evaporator core replaced & the air gets cold then the next time I turn the vehicle on it might not work, ect.... If anyone knows the problem, please help!!!! Could it be a computer problem?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
My car locks without touching the remote lock button, constantly making the beep noise all the time. Getting worse. Also, I just had the evaporator core replaced & the air gets cold then the next time I turn the vehicle on it might not work, ect.... If anyone knows the problem, please help!!!! Could it be a computer problem?
What year Nitro do you have Leigh?

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Rick, it is a 2007 Nitro
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Don't know if you bought your Nitro new or if it has been to a Chrysler Dealership for service, but there was a TSB (flash) on Nitro's A/C blowing hot air way back in "07". I had it performed on mine under warranty. If you want me to find the TSB number I must have in my owners file, so let me know. Good Luck!

Rick

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 03:45 PM

Thanks Rick! I bought my brand new in Florida. I took it today to the dealer & they did not know why the A/C kept going ice cold & then other times hot. I asked them to check the computer, etc. They came back & told me it was more then likely the compressor clutch. Then he came back later & said that the air was working & that I would have to bring it back when it goes hot again. I took it & it was 96 degrees in my car today. I believe they do not knw what is wrong with my car & the fact that the alarm keeps beeping, he said I need a new key bob??? If you can find that TSB I would appreciate.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
Thanks Rick! I bought my brand new in Florida. I took it today to the dealer & they did not know why the A/C kept going ice cold & then other times hot. I asked them to check the computer, etc. They came back & told me it was more then likely the compressor clutch. Then he came back later & said that the air was working & that I would have to bring it back when it goes hot again. I took it & it was 96 degrees in my car today. I believe they do not knw what is wrong with my car & the fact that the alarm keeps beeping, he said I need a new key bob??? If you can find that TSB I would appreciate.
Went right to it! Was performed in February 2008 and was to correct A/C from blowing warm air at engine start up in the Summer. TSB was 24-001-08. Your vehicle should have already been up-dated by now since it required reprogramming of the PCM and surely your Dealer should have updated ALL known issues in programming by now. But who knows? Let us know what finally solves your issue to help others in the future. Thanks for your post.

Rick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in