Dodge Nitro: 2007/08 Lifetime Warranty - Dodge Nitro Forum
General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Dodge Nitro - if it doesnt fit in a more specific section, use this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Exclamation Dodge Nitro: 2007/08 Lifetime Warranty

11/02/2011

If you purchased a NEW 2007 or 2008 Nitro (or other model) ON or AFTER July 26, 2007 and are the original owner, your vehicle has a LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY!

You may be unaware of this fact since it is not included in many Owners Manuals.

You may also not be aware that to maintain this warranty you must have your Dealership inspect your vehicle every FIVE years at no charge to you. So on July 26, or after in 2012, original owners of Dodge Nitros will start being required to start these inspections, depending on your sale/delivery date!

For me I may be one of the first with a start date of July 27, 2007 and due for this free inspection of July 27, 2012 (within 60 days).

At this time it is unclear that you would be notified of this fact by Chrysler and or your Dealership. Talking today with my Service Rep to clarify this inspection date he said the Dealership has not even been advised what to inspect, when these inspections become required starting on July 26, 2012.

If you think my date was an accident or fluke, it was not. This is one major reason I purchased my Nitro!

Below is the Warranty Supplement for you info. You would be well served to mark your purchase date, then add five years in 2012 or 2013 or beyond to your To-Do-List.

I will update what I find was done after 07/27/2012 if my Nitro and myself are still around 9 or 10 months from now!

Good Luck with your 2007/08 Nitro and hopefully you are able to maintain this valuable "No Charge" Factory Warranty!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (95.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0002.jpg (61.6 KB, 3 views)

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 06:09 PM

Thumbs down Go Mopar...........GM can go to Hell!

I am glad to see that Chrysler will honor these warranties after the bankruptcy. It seems GM will not honor warranty issues dealing with the "Old GM". These owners are now stuck with repairs bills for the junk they inadvertantly purchased. I, for one, will NEVER consider the purchase of any GM product, ever.

We bailed them out, they still owe us, and now Allen County gives them a huge tax rebate so they will continue to build pick-up trucks here! What a bunch of crap! Where else would they go? This is the newest truck plant in the country.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 AM

Hey Rick, Fishdist checking in. My 2007 Nitro R/T has 127K miles on it and going strong every day. Still gets lots of compliments for the great retro look. No particular signs of wear or getting long in the tooth. I have always subscribed to the notion that you are always planning on the next car and the next boat (whether you need it or not), but I don't find much on what the successor vehicle is likely to be, or if there is one. Can you direct me to that info ?? In looking at what's out there, I don't find another vehicle that combines the features, looks, performance, and tow capability. MY R/T was one of only seven (7) available in the entire western states, out of about 1,500 vehicles (per dealer inventory internet search), so it is truly a rare car. I believe I remember somewhere reading that the successor vehicle would say "Lancia" on the hood. True or false ??

Always enjoy your posts.

Fishdist

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Thanks for your post. Not sure of any definitive replacement for our loved NITRO. I suspect there may be a new Dodge SUV as a replacement, designed by Fiat but really not much yet in concrete, and I doubt it will be named a "Nitro". Also it will not be in 2012, but 2013/2014 range. Stay-tuned! I was surprised that a large publication just last week did not even list the Nitro as a vehicle going away in 2011. Once that info is out there in print, I suspect more real info about Nitros replacement will come to light.

P.S. Glad to hear your high mileage Nitro has served you well. Enjoy!

Rick

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Rick,

I saw a similar article on Yahoo news and, like you, was somewhat mystified by no mention of our favorite car. Nitro must be truly a stealth machine, flying under the radar.

Fishdist
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdist View Post
Rick,

I saw a similar article on Yahoo news and, like you, was somewhat mystified by no mention of our favorite car. Nitro must be truly a stealth machine, flying under the radar.

Fishdist
Here is another example from today: (11/08/2011)

Chrysler to announce Toledo plans next week

Quote:
Chrysler Group LLC's plan for its Toledo assembly complex, expected to add 1,105 jobs and an $8 million expansion, will get its official announcement Nov. 16, the Toledo Blade reports.

The expansion would upgrade the company's Jeep Liberty and Dodge Nitro factory. The Blade reports the company's overall plan will call for a total investment of $365 million. Overall production of those vehicles could increase from about 92,000 in 2010 to 327,000 vehicles a year, the newspaper reports.

Chrysler's application for government incentives indicated that it plans to complete the expansion by 2013 and add $36 million in payroll through new production and management jobs, the newspaper reports.
SOURCE

If Nitro stops production next month then production of it will not increase!

Rick

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 PM

Power Train Warranty

I have a 2007 Nitro, I bought it new in October of 2006, does the lifetime warranty apply to me? I have been trying get an idea of what a 30,000 mile service consists of and I am getting conflicting answers from dealers, should I just go by what the manual states which is different than the dealers?

Thanks J
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have a 2007 Nitro, I bought it new in October of 2006, does the lifetime warranty apply to me? I have been trying get an idea of what a 30,000 mile service consists of and I am getting conflicting answers from dealers, should I just go by what the manual states which is different than the dealers?

Thanks J
SURE DOES, but your every five year inspection (free) must be performed by your Dealership to keep it in force within 60 days of the five years of purchase. Don't know for sure but that you may have passed that in 2011.

However my Dealership told me on my last visit three months ago there had been no guidelines issued yet as to what needs to be inspected? (See above posts)

I have the Chrysler Service Contract for Maintenance and @ 30K (if I ever get that mileage on mine before 2014) it does pay for front & rear axle fluids and transfer case refill. These are expensive and may also be shown in your Owner's Manual as required.

My next visit for an oil change will also be the required free inspection to keep in force my lifetime warranty. I also plan to have a new MOPAR battery installed since the original will be five years old, and it did fail their last inspection, mainly because I just don't drive it much.

Will report back as to what is performed to keep my lifetime warranty.

Let us know what happens after you get your 30K service. Do you still have your "Lifetime Warranty"? Good Luck

Rick

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Took my Nitro in today for the free Powertrain Inspection as required to maintain the LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY (vehicles sold and delivered on or after July 26,2007). This inspection must be performed within 60 days of your delivery date/sale date, in-front or rear of that date, so you have 120 days to have it done. The above blank form was not even available 3 months ago and I am the first customer to have this inspection completed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (95.4 KB, 5 views)

Rick

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 04:45 AM

Can you direct me to a way to change my VIN to read 2007, instead of 2011?

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in