Dodge Nitro: Front & Rear Camera Install With V5 Lockpick - Dodge Nitro Forum
General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Dodge Nitro - if it doesnt fit in a more specific section, use this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Nitro: Front & Rear Camera Install With V5 Lockpick

Dodge Nitro: Front & Rear Camera Install With V5 Lockpick
Summary Post Reference

07/29/2014

Shortly after I picked up my special ordered Nitro R/T back in July 2007 I saw that the soon to be released 2008 Nitro had rear backup sensors. MOPAR offered an aftermarket kit to install these sensors Part number: 82208246AE but doubt it is even available now-a-days.

Never got around purchasing or installing any sensors and doubted if I could hear the warning anyway being so far away in the left rear upper tail gate panel on some kits.

Just this year I saw a STUDY

"Backup cameras reduced the blind zone by about 90 percent on average. Parking sensors, which use ultrasonic sound waves or radar to detect objects around the vehicle, also reduced blind zones, but not as much. In the eight vehicles that had both technologies, the parking sensors had a small added benefit of 2-3 percentage points beyond the reductions provided by the cameras alone."

It got me planning to install a backup camera using MYGIG FIM LOCKPICK V.5 Lockpick . After reading that it also offered easy Front Camera installs too, I started reviewing what the best cameras to install on my Nitro were.

Since most Nitro owners may already have factory installed backup sensors you might find adding additional protection and safety by installing cameras as I have. Below are Several LINKS to how I equipped my vehicle with front and rear cameras using Lockpick that hopefully may be of some help if you plan to add to your Nitro also?

Other Links that you might want to visit too:

How to install front and rear Nitro license plates

How to install a rear back-up camera on a Nitro

How to install a front view camera on a Nitro

How to install MYGIG Lockpick V.5 on a Nitro

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
See the road ahead with the 2020 Jeep® Gladiator’s forward-facing camera

See the road ahead with the 2020 Jeep® Gladiator’s forward-facing camera

June 20 2019

The all-new 2020 Jeep® Gladiator was designed to tackle any obstacle, but occasionally there will be a large rock, log or possibly an unforeseen dropoff that can’t be seen over the hood.

To assist off-roaders with situational awareness of these pathway obstructions, the Gladiator’s designers added an innovative forward-facing camera in the middle slot of the midsize truck’s seven-slot grille.

With a push of a button on the Uconnect Off-road pages, the camera is activated with images streamed right to the radio screen.

“The inspiration for the forward-facing camera was our customer, the Jeep enthusiast,” said Pete Milosavlevski, Gladiator chief engineer, who added that feedback for this camera came from riding with customers during off-road excursions. “We wanted to provide another innovative tool for the Jeep enthusiast to use and have a great time while they are off-roading.”

The forward-facing camera, which is exclusive to the Rubicon model, is one of more than 80 available advanced safety and security features available on the Gladiator.

When activated, the off-road camera can detect obstacles less than two feet in front of the bumper and as far out as 10 feet in front of the Gladiator. The camera not only provides a view of the road ahead, but also dynamic gridlines to help navigate oncoming obstacles.

Designers also paid attention to the little details when it came to the camera. Since it is an off-road camera, it’s bound to get dusty. When drivers want to remove the dust, and stay in the comfort of the Gladiator, there’s a camera washer that can be activated from the radio screen.

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in