Dodge Nitro TIPM: totally integrated power module - Dodge Nitro Forum
General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Dodge Nitro - if it doesnt fit in a more specific section, use this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Dodge Nitro TIPM: totally integrated power module

07/03/07 … '07 models built before January 23rd 2007 … RC-G25 …. Reprogram TIPM – Engine Stalling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 12:23 AM

Thank you for the heads up ResumeSpeed!!!

Linda...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 02:03 PM

Exclamation TIPM (complete power loss)

from daimlerchrysler.....safety recall g25-reprogram tipm-engine stalling. On 2007 dodge nitro and jeep wrangler models it states that the problem is ....the totally intergrated power module (tipm) on my vehicle, was programmed with software that may allow the engine to stall under certain operation conditions. This could cause a crash without warning!!!

Call 1-800-853-1403 for help in this critical matter. If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the administrator, national highway traffic safety adiministration, 1200 new jersey ave., s.e., washington, dc 20590, or call the toll-free vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (tty 1-800-424-9153), or go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

Good luck to all from mcnabb in louisiana!!!!!

[

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 02:15 PM

Smile Update On My Blue Dodge Nitro

hello Again, My 2007 Nitro Currently Has About 20.689 Miles On It And So Far No Problems Since I Had The Previous Work Done On It, But I Talked To The Dealer After Receiving The Safey Recall Notice That I Mentioned Above And They Said To Bring In The Vehicle To Get It Serviced In This Matter Even Though The Job Seems To Have Helped Out. Just Letting All Know,

[
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 01:36 PM

Nitro Electronics Going Crazy!!!

Hi Gents

I drive a Nitro 2.8diesel here in South Africa. I have owned it since new from 2008 untill now. It has 98000kilometres on it and it is due for its last service under maintenance in the next two weeks.

Today my Nitro just went ballistic crazy on the highway. All the lights turned on and some flashed like a Christmas tree, aircon switched on and off, wipers went on, all lights went on, hooter went on without stopping. I immediately got a fright of my life and pulled over the road. When I removed my key, the engine still ran with all of the previously mentioned still going mad.

I actually had to disconnect the battery to stop this. Once reconnected, the Nitro is fine.....for a while. This happened to me 3x times today. I need to get this resolved under maintenance, as I am planning to keep her for a long term period.

Any ideas? Read up on the forum, might this be related to my tank overflowing when I fill up? Please can all of you respond. Any assistance will be appreciated!!!
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 07:43 PM

More than likely, it is a bad TIPM (computer). My Jeep Commander did this, but it ended up needing a new ignition switch.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Question Driver Claims Car is "Possessed"

A Brookfield woman claims her car suffers spontaneous electrical problems.

11/30/2012

Video

Quote:
Imagine driving down the interstate, when your horn unexpectedly starts blaring, your wipers turn on and your dashboard lights up. You'd have to pull over just to be safe.

A family in Brookfield told the Troubleshooters it's happened to them countless times.

Kelly Luf said her 2008 Dodge Nitro is "possessed".

"You're like a one person parade just driving down the street and your car is just having a party on its own," Luf said.

Luf said the vehicle's transmission has gone out several times during these experiences. She said it was like “hitting the brakes.”

"You have to kind of pull over. Let it run its course," Luf said.

Luf said her vehicle continues to have electrical issues for several minutes even after she removes the key.

Luf took videos of her Nitro acting up to help experts figure out why her Nitro keeps malfunctioning. She said she's spent $1,200 at dealerships on diagnostic work, but her vehicle has nothing to show for it.

"It's really frustrating when you bring a car to a dealership or whatever and they say, 'we know that there is something wrong, but there's nothing wrong,'" Luf said.

Kelly said replacing her car is not an option at this time. She and her husband are expecting their first child soon.

There's no telling when the vehicle will act out again.

"I don't like to have the radio on because I feel like I have to be kind of prepared for something to happen," Luf said.

Nick Kopcik is an independent mechanic who has tried to determine what is happening to Luf's vehicle. Kopcik said car computers used to control just engine management, but now they have gotten more sophisticated.

"It's an intermittent problem," Kopcik said. "If the problem doesn't show its head, it's not very easy to find out where the problem is."

Luf filed a complaint about her vehicle with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. According to NHTSA records, there are more than a dozen similar complaints about the 2008 Nitro filed by other drivers.

Chrysler is the parent company of Dodge. The automaker emailed a statement after we asked for a response to the apparent electrical issues with the 2008 Nitro.

"Electrical issues can have a host of causes," wrote Chrysler spokesperson Patrick Hespen. "However, Chrysler Group works to understand and, if appropriate, resolve all customer complaints."

Luf said Chrysler has been in touch with her since the Troubleshooters got involved.

"They made these cars so they should know fix them when there's quirks," Luf said.

But for now, her Nitro is parked in the driveway until someone can finally root-out it's "possession" problem.

SOURCE

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM

Sounds like she needs a new TIPM.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Sounds like the same Dealership must be working on this Nitro as RedNitroGirl had working on hers, before finding a quality Dealer!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaren View Post
Sounds like the same Dealership must be working on this Nitro as RedNitroGirl had working on hers, before finding a quality Dealer!

That sounds about right!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in