NITRO R/T on alternative fuel convertion - Dodge Nitro Forum
General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Dodge Nitro - if it doesnt fit in a more specific section, use this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Dutchty
NITRO R/T on alternative fuel convertion

Hi guys

I'm gonna convert my engine bay a bit to run on a alternative fuel.
Since its more than US$9.00 a gallon over here in the Netherlands, I have to

I looked into the different systems who are available in the market and have chosen the BRC lpg system with additional valve lubrication system.
LPG is directly injected into the engine as the fuel injectors do also there is a system called DIRECT LIQIU MAX who uses all stock fuel rails and injectors etc.
They also have similar systems for diesel engines where they add a certian percentage of LPG or CNG gas into the diesel engine.

I have to let go of the spare tire for sure cause a extra ringtank of about 25 gallon is installed in there. pricing is about US$2860
cost effective on its turning point is after 14500km/ 9000mile

In the attachments some information about the PRINS systems
Oh I see I can load it up or some kind of reason.

08 Dodge Nitro R/T 4.0 Silver 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 GMC Typhoon 4.3turbo, 0-60mph/4,5s AWD Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 Honda Civic

Last edited by Dutchty; 09-22-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
finally my propane system is ready

some pictures of the propane system.
I must say I've chosen another system instead what I mentioned above.
The system is now a BRC brand system.
tank is all the same as every other system but the fule pump.The bleu botlle is a automatic extrenal valve lube system.

The black box on the firewall with the hoses attached is de presssure reducer.

On the feeding line of the pressure reducer you see a silver propane fuel filter.

97 Honda Civic
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
On the right you see the propane fuelrail with a feeding line and 3 injectors.

since its a V6 on both sides of the engine there is a propanefuelrail with injectors mounted.

overall engine bay is a bit crowded now

97 Honda Civic

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
In the rear where the spare tire was placed is the new propane tank mounted.
So no spare tire for me but just a can of foamtire fixer.

propane filling nozlle behind the filling cap.

Only thing I have to do now is rearange the wiring cause it looks like a bit of a mess this way.

97 Honda Civic
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Great Pictures and info!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 PM

Great info, thanks! What MPG are you getting and have you noticed much loss in performance?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:19 AM

Great job posting this. I wish that the US was more receptive to these types of modifications. There still aren't many charging stations for electric cars, and not much interest in LPG.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferrich View Post
Great info, thanks! What MPG are you getting and have you noticed much loss in performance?

about 7,2km/l -16mpg but depands on my foot:D

I sure have powerlosses with LPG.
when I switch from a long drive to petrol I really noticed the difference when hauling and at the stopsign crossings;) in percentage I would say about +10%loss difference, although the factory says its less than 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
Great job posting this. I wish that the US was more receptive to these types of modifications. There still aren't many charging stations for electric cars, and not much interest in LPG. :mad:

:cool:
Over here at almost every gas station there is LPG available. But mostly not at gas stations in residential areas due explosion hazard.

We have to find alternative fuels with these ($8.60 a gallon for petrol) prices.
As I drive about 147km-92mile a day for my job its about $42 bucks / 6 gallons a day:o
On LPG with $3.50 a gallon it saves me more than 30 bucks a day.

Switching over to electric is no option since I have to pull a trailer some times and mostly these type of cars are way to ugly

97 Honda Civic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in