roof rail mounting issues - Dodge Nitro Forum
General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Dodge Nitro - if it doesnt fit in a more specific section, use this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
KAZ

Exclamation roof rail mounting issues

I was feeling good (still am) about my Nitro which has been trouble free for it's 5K miles. I read about someone having problems with wind noise caused by the roof rack lifting up. Seems it is held in place by tape. Mine has lifted up on the drivers side. I haven't had any noise yet, and you have to look closely to see that the rack has become unstuck for about 3". So, I will get it in to have my dealer(who is excellent) deal with it next oil change. Take a close look at yours. Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
KAZ

Roof Rack Coming Loose, Check Yours!

No responses to this post, thats OK if you have looked at your roof rack and it has not come loose, seems it is taped down. Regards

Last edited by KAZ; 09-21-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:20 PM

Exclamation Responding..........

Kaz, I Brought My Nitro In For The Noise That You Are Describing And They, The Dealer, Will Be Ordering Me Some More New Roof Rails. Will Let You Know The Outcome.

Mcnabb In Louisiana...........

[

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Thumbs up An Answer To Your Problem!!!

Kaz, Please Read The Tread "lots Of Rattling". Will Definitely Help You Out.

Regards,

Mcnabb In Louisiana..........

[
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 05:38 PM

Angry Roof Rail Attacks Again!!!

MUST BE THE HUMIDITY DOWN HERE IN LOUISIANA THAT WON'T ALLOW THE TAPE TO STICK ON THE ROOF RAIL ON THE PASSENGERS SIDE. I KNOW WHAT WILL "STICK" ON MY NITRO AND THAT IS THOSE DAMN "LOVEBUGS".

MAYBE I CAN GET SOME OF THESE AND SHOVE THEM UP THE ROOF RAIL ENDS!!!

WILL BRING BACK TO THE DODGE DEALESHIP AGAIN!!!!!!!

MCNABB IN L0UISIANA............

[
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:46 PM

Roof Rack

There is a problem, Mine was sticking up and front mounting hole was cracked on Passenger side, I tried to order new one, Parts America says you can't get just one because there is a new design replacing both for better fit, I should have went to dealer, I didn't see any recall notices but after I get my 310.00 invoice for 2 new rails, I will send to Chrysler and see what happens.
Hopefully the new ones are aluminum instead of plastic.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 03:31 PM

WOW, $310 is heavy. I would have brought it in to the dealer and had him replace it.

Alum, would be nice but don't count on it. I am working with a Billet company on some parts for my Nitro but they said something that big would be too expensive to tool and no one would pay for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Nitro R/T, Chrome Bug Deflector , In Channel Vent Guards, Stainless Bull Bar and Nerf Bars.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 06:34 AM

The dealer is 40 miles away, But I think I will take it there and keep going back till they get it right.

Hey Mcnabb

Where you at? I just got back from Ponchatoula, Doing fiber testing.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 10:57 AM

roof rack

We have had the same problem.Took it in yesterday and they said they fixed it(double back tape)went out today already pulled loose.We will be back.I will let you know.Thanks
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 09:48 AM

Roof Rack

I just purchased a 2007 Nitro SXT with the 23C package. The dealership needed to order the cross rails for the roof rack. My concern with them only being held on with double sided tape is when I put a load in the turtle (cross rails mounted storage) or attempt to transport a mattress or plywood that the rails will completely come loose from the truck and potentially hit a vehicle behind me. Does anyone have the cross rails to carry materials or it is just a matter of them coming undone from the tape not holding? I live in S. Florida and if humidity is a cause, I may be in deep trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in