Throttle responce in R/T - Dodge Nitro Forum
General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Dodge Nitro - if it doesnt fit in a more specific section, use this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Throttle responce in R/T

Have any of you noticed the throttle responce in the R/T getting slower over time? Seem that way to me..Just wondering if anyone else has seen it??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 06:01 PM

Re: Throttle responce in R/T

Air Filter? I assume you are still using stock? Could it possible have gotten wet?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:03 AM

I don't know about the Nitro, but in the Hemi version of the LX platforms we have an APPS (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor) that can be recalibrated by the owner with a simple procedure and made a dramatic difference in throttle response for many of us. Something to ask your Service Mgr. about, or you might try getting a copy of the Service Manual for the Nitro, which is how we discovered this little gem for the LX.

Check here for the manual, or they can sometimes be found for less on ebay.

Good luck!

Linda...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Heading in for a Oil change next week, so I will ask the dealer about that. It does seem more like a lag, but I will try this first since it sounds like a easy fix.
Thanks guys!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 03:20 AM

Hey Jon, what's the end of the story?

Linda...

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMEEE
Hey Jon, what's the end of the story?
Sorry to say, I have not been in yet for my oil change, yet....
Keep ya posted on the outcome!!
Thanks for the advise!
J
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 12:05 PM

I noticed a lot of throttle lag when accelerating from a stop in the R/T I test drove friday. It did not seem normal, even for an electronic throttle (fly by wire), as my current vehicle has one as well, and there is minimal lag. If I end up buying it, I'll definitely have them reprogram the throttle position sensor.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerCanada
I noticed a lot of throttle lag when accelerating from a stop in the R/T I test drove friday. It did not seem normal, even for an electronic throttle (fly by wire), as my current vehicle has one as well, and there is minimal lag. If I end up buying it, I'll definitely have them reprogram the throttle position sensor.
Define a lot.

First thing I had to get used to was the amount of force needed to depress the throttle pedal. On mine, it seems to be about the same amount throughout pedal travel.

This is different than the '06 Mazda MX5 that I had with the electronic throttle. It was very easy to depress and increased in resistance the more you pressed it, mimicking a cable linkage setup better than the Nitro's.

Once you get used to the Nitro, you won't even notice it any longer.

Two, if you really get on it and the tires are slipping, the ESP system will actually slow down acceleration when your mind is thinking it should be going faster than it is. I have changed wheels and tires on mine. When I jump on it now, I actually hear the tires squealing on the pavement and see the rubber it leaves behind. The stock Goodyear's on the factory 20"s don't have good grip and make very little noise when they slip on pavement.

There is a switch on the center console marked ESP. If you press it in (look for the twin skid markes in the center of the instrument panel), you will partially turn off the traction control system. You can't completely disable it, but you should get better take off with the system turned off. Give it a try.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 AM

Ok, when I say throttle lag, I mean like a large dead spot before I get any throttle at all. Dry pavement, not flooring it, so ESP isn't the problem. You may be right about needing to get used to it. I drive a Murano currently and it's quite sensitive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in