A Tribute to my Wife - Dodge Nitro Forum
General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Dodge Nitro - if it doesnt fit in a more specific section, use this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Arrow A Tribute to my Wife

As many of you may know by now, I have not been active on the the forum for about a month. On Thursday, February 23, 2012, my beautiful wife, soul mate, love of my life, lost her short, but hard fought battle with breast cancer. Sharon was diagnosed with Stage 4, inoperable, estrogen driven breast cancer last July, but could not be put on full tilt chemo, as it had already progressed to her chest wall, lymph system, spine and bones. She could no longer produce her own red and white blood cells, so heavy duty chemo was out. When she was diagnosed, she had no symptoms: NONE WHATSOEVER. They say that cancer is the silent killer, and now I know this to be true.
Sharon was so worried about me. When I assured her that I would be OK, she was at peace and passed to the other side. She fought the fight. Sharon had to battle this cancer with one hand tied behind her back; she never seemed to get any good news once it was diagnosed. The whole time she fought this insidious creature, her main concern was making it as comfortable as possible for everyone else. Her trademark humor (she was a DJ on the radio, Rock 104, WXKE for almost 20 years) intercepted the awkward voids in conversation and she suppressed any "why me" moments. This UNFAIR and AGGRESSIVE disease pushed, and shoved very hard on Sharon and she responded with the passion and heart that we all came to expect from her. In the end, the cancer got it's way, as it generally does. But, I can guarantee you, after the day was done, the Grim Reaper went home battered, sore, completely exhausted, and is today considering a new line of work. It has been said that Sharon was like a leaf in a stream, clinging to a rock and fighting the spring current: once she knew that I and the kids would be OK, she finally let go to discover the treasures that are awaiting her downstream.
Maybe this is not the right place to be discussing such matters, but this forum has been my home away from home for the past six months. It has been my escape from the reality of life's trials and tribulations. I have missed the discussions and issues presented here, and have enjoyed giving and receiving good advice. I hope to be able to continue on this path, but it is like living with 1/2 of me missing.
I don't have anyone to rib me about my latest mod. Sharon used to refer to my Commander as my "Clown Car" because of all the additions. She never understood the passion involved with making a car unique. This is what I will miss the most - her honesty and living life to the fullest.
Godspeed, and thanks for reading.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.

Last edited by dhh3; 03-18-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
With deepest Sympathy we all share your loss. By expressing your thoughts you have begun a long healing process that I and many of us have or will in the future experience, too. Not really sure what else to say, but being positive as I am I have always found that with any loss looking back at the good times always help. Not everyone can do this and my Brother is an example with both the deaths of our Father and then Mother. He is still mad years later. For myself I only focus on the past and what a great life we all had together. Hope this helps somewhat.

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in