My Nitro mods and future mods - Dodge Nitro Forum
Photos / Media / Art Posts Have some pictures of the Dodge Nitro that you'd like to share? Or a Nitro news item? Maybe a video or a photoshop you've done? Post it up in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Dutchty
My Nitro mods and future mods

currently did some mods to my 08 R/T.

Chroom door mirrors
before
after

Chroom doorhandles before

after, on the pics its not completed yet.

08 Dodge Nitro R/T 4.0 Silver 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 GMC Typhoon 4.3turbo, 0-60mph/4,5s AWD Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 Honda Civic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
my mods

All polished stainless nerf bars.

Polished stainlesssteel NITRO door silss front and rear.
before:

after:

Propane gastank.

97 Honda Civic
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:52 PM

Mine is silver, also. I added the chrome door handles. Did you get the round piece that covers the button you push to open the door? I also added S/S nerf bars, and chrome tail light covers. I was thinking about the mirrors, and after seeing yours, I may do this also. I also plan to add the door scuff plates. I also added the small grill that mounts in the front bumper, to cover the transmission cooler. It matches my grill inserts. I do not know if this is available for the export front bumper. Nice ride!

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
my mods

Installed the biggest towable hitch with removable ball.
and already ordered the MOPAR oil cooler kit.

factory installed options:
WEBASTO automatic heater.
Fog lights.
The REW entertainment option: DVD, U-connect, navigation, with harddisc.
All leather interior with heated seats.
Sunroof.
10 dubbelspoke 20" alu. rims with 245/50 goodyear tires.

future wanted mods:
*Lowering the Nitro with some springs or airbags.
*HID headlights but without the amber area in the headlight if these are available
*Replacement of the stock bulbs for LED.
*An upgrade on the entertainment system with camera system and I-pod with lockpick or something? have to look into it.
*All stainless Gibson or Magnaflow single exit exhaust system
*K&N or volannte C.A.I
*Remote start
*Build in wireless router
*headrest or roof entertainment system.

97 Honda Civic

Last edited by Dutchty; 10-17-2011 at 01:38 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
Mine is silver, also. I added the chrome door handles. Did you get the round piece that covers the button you push to open the door? I also added S/S nerf bars, and chrome tail light covers. I was thinking about the mirrors, and after seeing yours, I may do this also. I also plan to add the door scuff plates. I also added the small grill that mounts in the front bumper, to cover the transmission cooler. It matches my grill inserts. I do not know if this is available for the export front bumper. Nice ride!

Thanks for the compliments.

Yep, got the buttons to but I wasn't finished at the time I made the picture
You have a pick of the lower grill inserts you installed.

97 Honda Civic
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchty View Post
Thanks for the compliments.

Yep, got the buttons to but I wasn't finished at the time I made the picture
You have a pick of the lower grill inserts you installed.
I believe there were at least 3 styles to choose from, but I wanted the one that matched my stock grill. There are some sets that have 5 pieces, but I chose the easy route!

Did the chrome door handles fit tight to the door, or is there a small gap where you can still see the black? It is hard to tell from your pictures. Thank you.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.

Last edited by dhh3; 10-17-2011 at 06:24 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
I believe there were at least 3 styles to choose from, but I wanted the one that matched my stock grill. There are some sets that have 5 pieces, but I chose the easy route!

Did the chrome door handles fit tight to the door, or is there a small gap where you can still see the black? It is hard to tell from your pictures. Thank you.

A real small gap is between the door and doorhandle shell

97 Honda Civic
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:53 AM

Mine are that way also. I think that there is probably one manufacturer, sold under many trade names. Thank you for the quick reply.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
any one has experiance with Dodgecarandtruckparts.
Cause its a pain in the ... (dark piece in the lower body)
since 27th october I'm trying to get my oil cooler kit instead of the just earlier sent cooler I ordered wrong.
seems like there is none interested to service or sell something yet!

97 Honda Civic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Photos / Media / Art Posts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in