Used Vehicle Review: Dodge Nitro, 2007-2011 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Photos / Media / Art Posts Have some pictures of the Dodge Nitro that you'd like to share? Or a Nitro news item? Maybe a video or a photoshop you've done? Post it up in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Used Vehicle Review: Dodge Nitro, 2007-2011

Used Vehicle Review: Dodge Nitro, 2007-2011

September 27, 2012

Dodge is a brand better known for pickup trucks than SUVs, a fact that explains why it waited until 2007 to bring its first mid-sized SUV – the Nitro – to market.

The Nitro was a boxy thing that foretold the second-generation Jeep Liberty, which arrived for 2008. It shared some structural and suspension elements, as well as the Liberty’s 3.7L V6 engine, whose 210-hp (and 235 lb-ft of torque) was far less explosive than the truck’s name suggested. For performance that meshed better with the Nitro’s name and its bulldog styling, the 4.0L engine (260 hp/265 lb-ft) used in the top-trim R/T model was the engine of choice.

A six-speed manual was the base transmission in lower trims; a four-speed automatic was available with the 3.7L engine, and the 4.0L used a five-speed auto. Four-wheel drive was standard in upper trims, and optional in more basic models.

Fuel consumption estimates, according Natural Resources Canada, were 13.2/9.1 L/100 km (city/highway) for a 3.7L 4×2 automatic model, and 14.0/9.7 for the same truck with four-wheel drive. With the 4.0L engine, estimates were 13.1/9.5 L/100 km two-wheel drive, and 13.6/10.0 with 4WD. The relatively rare manual transmission models were rated 12.8/8.9 (2WD) and 13.4/9.2 with 4WD.

Standard kit on the 2007 SE trim included 16-inch steel wheel, ABS, stability/traction control, air conditioning, power locks and windows, tilt steering, roof rails, fold-flat front passenger seat, reclining rear seat, and power-folding mirrors.

A move up to the SXT model added aluminum wheels, floor mats, overhead console, cruise control, fog lamps and tinted side and rear glass.

The SLT brought 17-inch wheels, body-colour fenders and trim, slide-out Load ‘n Go cargo floor, auto-dimming rearview mirror, two-tone seats with stain-resistant fabric, power driver’s seat, vehicle information centre, heated exterior mirrors and steering wheel-mounted audio controls.

The top-trim R/T got 20-inch chrome wheels, performance suspension, body-colour grille and R/T badging on the front seats.

Continued

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:55 PM

I don't care what they say, I love my Nitro.

John

Model: Nitro SXT 3.7L
Build date: Jan 07
Colour: Black
Mods: Projector Head Lamps, Bosch Platinum Plus spark plugs, Autozensations projector fog lamps with Landy chrome bezels. Custom undergrille, removed roof rails.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnhopkins View Post
I don't care what they say, I love my Nitro.
I have seen worse reviews and yes I have never been sorry with my purchase either!

What amazes me is the fact that there is so many aftermarket parts available for this vehicle that allows their owners to modify and customize the Nitro to their own desires. Something that is not found for many, unless you own a Chevy or Ford!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 11:05 AM

I am satisfied with my purchase and plan to keep it for many years. I must root for the underdog, because I have never owned a vehicle that had rave reviews. I purchase what I like, and do not really care what others may think. I still have some things left to do, and as long as I am planning something new, I am content!

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Photos / Media / Art Posts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in