Tuesday, March 02, 2010
GOOD NEWS: Ford Canada sales jump 51%
FORD CANADA SALES JUMP 51%
* Overall vehicle sales up 51%
* Total car sales rose 59%
* Total truck sales increased 49%
* Ford Focus sales were up 43%
* Ford Fusion sales rose 99%, for best February on record
* Ford Taurus sales increased 162%, for best February on record
* Ford Edge sales rose 104%, for best February on record
* Ford Escape sales increased 29%, for best February on record
* Ford Ranger sales were up 72%
* Ford F-Series sales increased 49%, for best February on record
* Lincoln MKZ sales rose 65%
* Lincoln MKS sales were up 39%, for best February on record
* Lincoln MKX sales increased 232%, for best February on record
OAKVILLE, Ontario, March 2, 2010 – Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited saw sales jump 51 per cent compared to last February, marking nine consecutive months of retail sales gain. February also saw record-breaking sales for several vehicles across the lineup including: the Ford Fusion, Taurus, Edge, Escape, F-Series, Lincoln MKS and MKX. Overall sales of cars increased 59.7 per cent compared to last February and total truck sales jumped 49.2 per cent. Market share also increased for the sixteenth consecutive month at Ford of Canada as the company finishes number one in Canada for the month of February.
"We remain focused on what customers want and value and we're seeing those efforts pay off," said David Mondragon, president and CEO, Ford of Canada. "With the freshest showroom in the industry, we are confident the Ford lineup will continue to deliver positive results throughout the year."
This year, Ford will introduce new or upgraded engines and new transmissions, new innovative technologies, three all-new products as well as three major product refreshes, including the spring launch of the 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty.
With this addition, Ford Super Duty will be the leader in torque, horsepower, fuel economy, towing and payload with the all-new Ford-engineered, Ford-designed, Ford-built 6.7-litre Power Stroke V-8 turbocharged diesel engine as well as the all-new 6.2-litre V-8 gas engine.
LINK: Inside Track Breaking News Blog: GOOD NEWS: Ford Canada sales jump 51%