|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|04-19-2019 02:42 PM|
Sorry Bren for all your issues with your Nitro. My previous Links back on 11/11/2018 like the 210 page Chrysler MEDIA CENTER 730N RHR Manuals should have answered and corrected all issues you had. It is not the norm and at the time I suspected something else has taken place.
First off, the 2011 Dodge Nitro used a new RHR N730 GPS radio replacing the 2007-2010 GPS REP radio. Could have been a factory issue, or? I would think you may need to verify at some time by removing your present radio.
(1) Did your purchase this vehicle new?
(2) Do you have the original window sticker? What does it say about the radio option?
(3) Was this radio installed by the Dealership or a previous owner?
(4) If so, this is an issue since you can not just switch radios and they will work. Look back to 2007 Nitro’s where many wanted to switch their factory radio and install a GPS REP one! Some Dealers tried and failed big time when a customer said I will purchase that Nitro if you will install a GPS radio and they attempted to swap one from another Nitro. Chrysler never made a kit but at the time you could purchase microphone and harness to help aftermarket (now discontinued). This was since they did not have the correct rear-view factory mirror and even if they purchased the expensive unit there was no wiring to hook it up. If you research this Site you will see many never were successful.
(5) Do you have the correct factory rear view mirror for your radio? See picture.
(6) Some radios must be scanned into the vehicle’s computer by a Dealer to work.
VIN # should show what radio is factory installed VIN Decoder
(7) Repair or replace, or helpful professional help may be required. I doubt that any Chrysler Dealership (if you could afford their hourly rate) would be the place to visit first. Many “Online” might be the place to start for suggestions or recommendations. Could be a Local shop. GOOD LUCK
Dodge Nitro: Uconnect™ Multimedia (satellite radio) (ren/req/rer/res radios only)
How to fix the radio in a Dodge Nitro
|04-18-2019 05:36 PM|
I got the sirius channels straighteded out . It was on their end. I still can't get my navigation to work.
I bought an antennae thinking that might be the problem but that didn't work. The handsfree doesn't work.
I went thru the voice training. Paired my phone no problem. When I get a call they can't hear me.
|11-11-2018 03:22 AM|
"Sirius is activated but I get no channels."
How does that make sense?
WE are talking about a FACTORY installed radio, right? (not a Dealer from another Nitro in stock)
|11-11-2018 03:09 AM|
Activating Sirius Satellite Radio
Mar 21, 2012
I am showing you all how to activate your free year with a new purchase of a MINI Cooper. You need to call Sirius and give them contact information and your ESN number found in the videos. Good luck!
The refresh signal will be sent from a satellite, so make sure your vehicle is outside and your antenna has a clear view of the sky. Turn your radio on and tune to Channel 184 for Sirius radios or Channel 1 for XM and SiriusXM radios. Simply tune to Channel 4 to verify your signal. If you hear audio, no further steps are required.
Sirius Radio not working?
Send a Refresh Signal
how do i get my new phone to work with new car
Media Center 730N
|11-10-2018 11:55 PM|
|bren||Sirius is activated but I get no channels. I've had 3 different people on the phone trying to get it going. They say I'm getting the signal. The gps says it has 0 satelites. The voice command talks to me but doesn't hear me cussing her. Is there a way to check the microphone? Could the satelite and gps antena be unplugged somewhere? I just don't know where to start. Regular radio works perfect. Good reception.|
|11-10-2018 11:10 PM|
At first look, Is your Sirius Radio activated? Are you receiving any or all Sirius channels? I suggest you call them if you have not and have them send your radio a signal. Sounds like an activation issue not any Nitro equipment failure. Let us know what you find. Good Luck!
|11-10-2018 08:31 PM|
Problem with 730n RER
Hi I have a 2011 Nitro Detonator with the 730N RER media center. The am/fm radio works great, dvd and jukebox all good. My phone pairs up fine but when I receive a call I can hear them but they can't hear me. It doesn't hear my voice commands either. The sirius isn't receiving a signal and my navigation doesn't show as seeing any satellite. I'm guessing a problem with the microphone and satellite antenae but I thought the antenae was with the am/fm together. Any suggestions on where I should start to find what the problem is. I think the microphone is supposed to be in the rearview mirror. Is there a way to check that out. I have a sirius subscription. I paid $150 for a cd to upgrade the navigation software. Didn't do a thing. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!