Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Newbie here I am purchasing a 07 R/T Nitro with a 4.0 from an out of state dealer ship today and a problem has come up. I live in Tennessee and the vehicle I in NC. Everything has been perfect with the Nitro until the dealer took it to refuel it for me. the CEL light came on and he bought it to Dodge .. they told him the code was showing it was a "exhaust manifold runner". He will have it fixed for me on Friday so here is hoping!!.. I wanted some help with this because all the Dodge dealers local to me say there is no such thing ,, but they have a code for a "Small runner valve". I could have drove to NC tonight to get it but I was told it could shut down the engine and cause me to be stranded. What is your experience with this error code or description ...thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Welcome mp5raycer

Looks like it could be expensive so good that it happened now and will be covered. Don't know about this issue on the Nitro 4.0 but here is a post from the Charger Forum on their engine. Good Luck and let us know how it works out for you.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142636

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have never heard of this issue.

:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on Purchase and issue with Small runner valve

Ok .. so today was the best day I've had in a long long time! I got the call today around 1:30pm from the flatbed operator that he was in Knoxville and ready for me to take a look at her. Well let me say that my car salesman COMPLETELY undersold this vehicle!!!.. he said it was nice but he ever told me it was literally a mint condition Nitro. Im not exaggerating 1 bit... the outside is completely flawless in every way .. not a single paint chip.. headlights are as new and clear as any 13 model could be.. wheels are perfect. and inside is the same as the outside.... so this 2007 model I got the full R/T package, Dvd ,infinity sound, remote start, heated seats, mirrors, power everything, sunroof, so much more ..
....But enough about all that.. So here we are I get it off the flatbed and take her for a test drive .. that pans out at 110% .. so Im sold .. I got the check in hand but still gotta deal with my local Dodge dealer and have them do the full diagnostics and make sure that it is only the small runner valve before I sign on the dotted line. well they say its gonna be at least an hour and a half so I called the dodge place in NC that diagnosed it earlier on Weds. ( July 3rd). the provide me with 2 error codes .. Code 2077 and 2078 .. which my dealer shows it could be the small runner valve but also the tuning valve as well..
he also shows me a list of at least 9 other possible causes that it could be but cant confirm anything until I allow them to run their full diagnosis. I called the dealer in NC and advised the manager of the place I'm buying it from an says .. Jeremy what ever it takes or cost to fix the issues ( cel light) he would approve. so they are fixing one the open recalls on the Nitro and replacing both valves free of charge.. I am one very happy camper right now .. picts soon to come.. it was a great feeling to have when I can around the service shop to see at least 15 employees hovered around my new ride .. and in total awe that they have seen an 07 that is practically brand new .. one of the sales personnel at the lot offered me 19-20 K for it as is...

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Great news and thanks for sharing from one that also has a 2007 R/T and love it too. Since I have only driven it about 4K per year since new and just lowered my auto insurance by stating I will not drive it more than 8,900 miles a year in the future!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Nice story. What a find! You are one lucky dude, and it looks like the dealer is taking care of you. This is the way that it should be. Bravo.

:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys thank you all very much for your welcome and your comments I just want to give you an update... so the vehicle purchase went through.... the Dodge dealership fixed the short runner valve and the tuning valve and today I got my baby in the shop getting blacked out

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Black Beauty! Having owned two black vehicles in the past they are a pain to keep clean, but nothing looks better when they are clean! THANKS for posting the pictures of your new ride and yes it does look great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts