Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have an 07 Dodge Nitro with the 3.7L engine and it's 4X4 and has 61,000 miles. About a week or so ago it started to make a light metal on metal tinny kind of a noise and I haven't been able to pin point it. Now it is louder and I believe it's coming from the pass side rear area. It's like a "rotational" metal-on-metal noise and it comes and goes. It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it's a light noise and other times it's really loud. I was thinking it was an exhaust shield or something but can't see anything. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Welcome Mikes07Nitro!

Sorry I really don't have a clue, but if it happens to be power-train related and you bought it new and have the free Lifetime warranty, it might be covered. Maybe someone else will chime in, so check back.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
There was a thread on the forum concerning a shield dropping down on the drive shaft, cutting the drive shaft in two pieces while the poster was driving. :eek:

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
There was a thread on the forum concerning a shield dropping down on the drive shaft, cutting the drive shaft in two pieces while the poster was driving. :eek:

Here is the Recall Link and on the last post is the post with a reference Link that you are talking about DHH3. As far as Chrysler is concerned it must be a 4X2 Nirto not a 4X4 that the Recall involves or had any issues? I think it could be both and paid to have my 4X4 R/T inspected and they even took pictures, but said it was O.K.

http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f2/nitro-recall-drive-shaft-shield-8619/

http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f11/update-nitro-drive-shaft-fell-out-5797/

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I knew that you could find this. I hope that it helps the OP with his issue. Could be a scarey situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts