Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The transmission will not shift out off 2nd gear. I can't go past 25 mph. I took it to the dealership and was told the input shaft speed sensor 2 circuit found valve body internal fault. Okay so just replace the sensor right? Not for the $1500.00 the dealership wants to charge us for it. $800 for the part and $700 for labor. REALLY!!! Please help!!!!!! Surely a little sensor can be for way less than that and I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 5-7 hrs to fix it for them to charge that much for labor! If I can find the part and fix it myself I can probably save tons of money that I don't have. I need help with finding the part and then instructions on how to replace it. Please Please Help me!! I love my Nitro but after already replacing the TIPM it's getting to be too much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick, However I already read this forum and they all are about Chargers it seems and not a Nitro. I'm sure it's probably the same thing though and it does show the same part #. I did happen to find the part on E-bay for $139.00 with free shipping and comes with a warranty. If anyone else is looking for this same part (I believe the part number was posted in the link you provided Rick) you can find it on E-bay. I checked other websites and it ranged from $500 to $221 for the same exact thing.
Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
Again good luck and thanks for your reply.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts