Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having so much trouble trying to remove my stock 2009 Nitro shift knob. I've read the Nitro threads as well as checked out other sites. Some say just yank it up. Others say to pry it down. I've done both. Still no success. I'm afraid I'm just going to break it if I pry any harder.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I looked this up under Nitro Accessories. A shift knob is available for 2007 and 2008. There is no listing for 09, 10, or 11. When I looked up 08, I found these installation instructions, but they say Caliber/Patriot. Possibly, our shift knob is 2 pieces like the installation. If so, when they are locked together is what is holding the knob on. So, you would need to pry the the 2 pieces apart. The new one looks like it is a friction lock when you screw the 2 pieces together. Good luck.

http://moparestore.trademotion.com/moparimages/accessory%20catalog/images/isheets/K6859901.pdf

:cool:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Awesome. Glad I could help. I wish that the stock stem wasn't so wimpy!

·
Registered
107 Posts
How did you do it? I tried everything to pull off the stock one but I didn't make it. After 1.5 hours I gave up. No chance. Not with pulling the bottom chrom part down and not with pulling the top part up. Help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Mopar billet knob 82210359AB doesn't fit the Nitro 2008-2011 models. After I finally managed to pull the original knob off, I'm experiencing the problem that it doesn't come down far enough to cover groove on the shifter.

It doesn't look too good with this groove and the Mopar knob doesn't stick completely. I can turn it quite simply around its own axis. I'm not satisfied at all. This knob is surely not for the 2008-2011 models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I looked this up under Nitro Dodge Truck Accessories. A shift knob is available for 2007 and 2008. There is no listing for 09, 10, or 11. When I looked up 08, I found these installation instructions, but they say Caliber/Patriot. Possibly, our shift knob is 2 pieces like the installation. If so, when they are locked together is what is holding the knob on. So, you would need to pry the the 2 pieces apart. The new one looks like it is a friction lock when you screw the 2 pieces together. Good luck.

http://moparestore.trademotion.com/moparimages/accessory%20catalog/images/isheets/K6859901.pdf

Thank you providing the pdf.. Makes it more easier for my installation though I just discovered that the parts I ordered was wrong that's why it really never fits how much I try it. :(

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Mopar T Handle Shifter.

Hi guys and gals. Came across this, and of course I had to have it. The Mopar Billet shifter only fits thru 2008 or 2009, so I was surprised that this one fits all model years.

Part # 82210359AB

·
Super Moderator
23,350 Posts
Nitro Automatic shifter adapter kit installation

Published on Jul 7, 2016

This install shows how to change and customize your gated type automatic shifter using the exclusive adapter kit from Twisted Shifterz in all late model Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles inlcuding Charger, Challenger, Nitro, Caliber, 300, 200, Journey, Jeep JK, Patriot, Compass, Liberty and others

·
Super Moderator
23,350 Posts
How to remove dodge nitro gear shifter

Mar 7, 2018
This is how to remove and replace a gear shifter

·
Super Moderator
23,350 Posts
How to remove and replace a dodge nitro shifter knob

Mar 1, 2018
This is how to replace a dodge nitro shifter knob