Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i found on ebay today that u can buy a five dollar resistor chip that will work with your ecu and will produce 20 extra horsepower has any body tried this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
phazer said:
i found on ebay today that u can buy a five dollar resistor chip that will work with your ecu and will produce 20 extra horsepower has any body tried this.
You might try being a bit more specific as to what type of resistor, where it is placed, and how it is set.

Now hold on a minute Danible......I know for a fact that a 1.5K pot on a VW TDI engine will do this. It is placed between 2 wires on the IP. It tricks the ECU into thinking that the engine is not getting enough fuel, and basically overfuels it. But a diesel engine works just a little bit different than a gas engine.

If you don't believe me, just go search www.tdiclub.com for the EVRY Mod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In newer cars it will work for a while. BUT... evenutally the ECU adjusts to compensate for this and will be worthless. Don't know if the Nitro will do this or not but most likely it would.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bam_bam_dip said:
You might try being a bit more specific as to what type of resistor, where it is placed, and how it is set.

sorry i wasnt more specific i didnt really know what it was all about my self so thats why i asked you guys

·
Registered
111 Posts
You splice it into your IAT line tells ECU its 20 degrees colder than it is ECU gives more fuel. Does work for a while,then ECU compensates.They have been doing this for years on Rams, Daks & Rangos. You can also go to radio shack and buy this same resistor for 20 to 25 cents.

·
Registered
32 Posts
not sure on these, but i know for a fact that those magnet you place on fuel lines are a waste of money !!!

i try to be careful when buying on ebay !!!

ask yourself questions like will only a $5.00 product really gain me 20 hp ???

usually if the deal seems to be too good to be true, it usually is !!!

if you buy one of them, let us know if it works or not !!!

hope that helps,
- Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
DaveJohnson
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing