Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...first post here!

I picked up a new to me - black 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 3.7 with Tow packg. Very happy with it! Has only 50,000KM on it, and looks like new!

This is really my first vehicle woth doing any mods to it...want to start slowly.

What do folks here think of the drop in K&N Air filters that go into the existing air chamber...are they worth it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
K&N has a 1000,000 mile guaramtee ,who's going to keep a car that long ? You have a 07 with the tow package that's a plus ,you have a full size spare ,IMO just maintain it and keep it clean and save your $$.

·
Registered
4 Posts
K & N Filter

I purchased a K & N filter in October for my 2008 Nitro SXT and the engine seems to run a lot smoother. In November I changed out my plugs(NGK) with Bosch Platinum IR Fusion plugs and WOW-what difference. It is like having 2 more cylinders under the hood and 3 more mpg.!!!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Performance mods run the gamut on cost but the drop in type high flow air filters are relatively inexpensive as these things go. Its all up to you, I have done a fair amount to my ride but not everyone does. Be careful as once you start to mod you may get bit by the bug and then it will be all over!

If you think you will actually be towing then maybe a couple of performance mods would be worth it.

Cy

·
Super Moderator
24,777 Posts
Air Filter How-To: 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro

Air Filter How-To: 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro

Video Description

The engine air filter in your 2010 Dodge Nitro cleans the air that enters your engine. You should change the filter on your Nitro at least once a year or every 20,000 miles, whichever comes first. If you drive in dusty or sandy conditions, you should change your filter more frequently. A dirty air filter will cause your Nitro to lose 1 - 3 mpg, depending on your driving, you can save 70 - 100 gallons of gas per year simply by changing your filter regularly. The video above, shows you where the engine air filter is located in your Nitro and how to change it!

In addition to improving the fuel economy of your Nitro, regularly replacing your air filter will put less strain on your engine. These filters are fairly inexpensive, so check out our parts page for great deals and coupons on a new one (tip: buy several, when you go to check the filter on your Nitro, you can easily swap it for a new one if it is dirty).

·
Super Moderator
24,777 Posts
2007-2011 Dodge Nitro Engine Air Filter Check

Video Description

The engine air filter in your 2010 Dodge Nitro cleans the air that enters your engine. Checking and replacing the air cleaner in your 2010 Nitro at least once a year will help you get better gas mileage. A dirty air filter will cause your Nitro to lose 1 - 3 mpg; depending on your driving, you can improve your fuel economy and save 70 - 100 gallons of gas per year simply by changing your filter regularly. The video above, shows you where the engine air filter is located in your Nitro and how to check it!

In addition to improving the fuel economy of your Nitro, replacing your air filter will improve the performance of your engine. These filters are fairly inexpensive, so check out our parts page for great deals and coupons on a new one (tip: buy several air filters for your 2010 Nitro so you can easily replace it with a new one if it is dirty.)

·
Super Moderator
24,777 Posts
dodge nitro air filter replacement

Feb 17, 2021

2009 dodge nitro air filter replacement. Here is a real quick nice and siple bit of maintenance for your car that you can do yourself. Save a few pounds or euros on taking your car to the garage and having this done - the replacement filter in this video was approximately 8 euros online! This is a 2008 dodge nitro with a 2.8 litre engine - the part number was 8A0650 but check your specific model and type before ordering!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts