Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2007 nitro 3.7l that I've had for almost a year and I'm having problems with dash lights coming on. So I bought it with the check engine light on for a gas cap issue and replaced the cap and reset the computer but it didn't work. also my air bag light comes on and off and now my ESP/bas light and traction control light come on when we start the vehicle and they stay on. Anyone else have any of these 3 issues that could help me figure them out?

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 2007 nitro 3.7l that I've had for almost a year and I'm having problems with dash lights coming on. So I bought it with the check engine light on for a gas cap issue and replaced the cap and reset the computer but it didn't work. also my air bag light comes on and off and now my ESP/bas light and traction control light come on when we start the vehicle and they stay on. Anyone else have any of these 3 issues that could help me figure them out?

Welcome Charecter1

When you have multiple issues it is usually not a good sign. You could have something as simple as a battery that needs to be replaced to a costly TIPM issue. Have you used code checker to see errors and their causes? Below are some LINKS that might help determine what has gone wrong. GOOD LUCK and hopefully you can report back that it was a simple repair.

Battery issue?

Autel AL301 OBDII/CAN Code Reader

Dodge Nitro OBD2 Codes

TIPM: totally integrated power module

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not read rhe codes before because I didn't know how to for sure. The battery is also only a year old. Thank you for the links! I'll check them out and see if I can get any info

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, my friend from DSRLeasing had similar issues recently if I recall correctly. I'll try to catch him on facebook, maybe he will be of assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts