Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just got a 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT that has several issues so far i fixed most of them. So the switch has power to it because it lights up when the car is on but it does nothing else. I have checked the fuse(s) the switch on the passenger side works fine. I have tried wiggling all the wires while pushing buttons. I have replaced the switch with a new one.I have replaced the control module (if that's what its called. I even tried wiggling the wires in the boot between the door and frame. I have tried to disconnect the wiring harness from the hinged area but it seems that i must remove the door. Problem with that is that i can not remove the door with out lowering the window so i can remove the panel with the regulator to loosen all of the wires so i can get them through the door when i remove the door to disconnect the wiring harness. <--Sorry for the run on sentence. Any advice would be helpful.

So back story. I bought this Nitro used passenger windows were held up by 2x4's wires were clipped in one door so the locks would not work. I re soldered and taped those wires and the door locks are working fine. Both window modules are shot in the rear so they are unplugged. The horn kept honking randomly I had no cruise control, I could not use the horn on command. so after replacing the clocksping, horn switch, and wiper control all lights are off and the car is working as normal Except the above issues.

·
Super Moderator
24,668 Posts
Hi There!

I've been around here for many years and you may be surprised to know you are not the first Nitro owner to find that their window glass is is held-up by 2X4s! I remember at least TWO! Even stranger is one owner that broke out their side glass since they could not figure out how to replace their Power Window Motor and Regulator Assembly and then wanted to know how to install a new glass replacement! Don't remember anyone cutting wiring before, however.

Sounds like you should be able to address your issue with what you have done so far.

Don't know what you have researched here or other Sites but I posted helpful Links below.

As far as your issue with the master drivers door switch is is a common Nitro issue. Most of the time the owner has selected the wrong replacement switch using a lower cost replacement. I always suggest starting by using the original switch part # printed on that switch to start the search of numerous replacement numbers. It is usually that their $25 replacement switch needs to a $75.00 switch. There are at least 2 switches depending on how the Nitro is equipped. One that has factory heated/power mirrors is different from one that does not. In your case this might not work since maybe your defective switch was wrong to start with!

In the past there has been owners with fires located in that switch that required replacement of that wiring harness that could be helpful in your case. Don't know if that would be available now, but should be found used from a wrecking yard.

The below Links may be helpful with the Owners Help Info being a Nitro Service Manual with a Wiring Diagram, too.

Dodge Nitro: How to install window glass/window regulator/carrier plate

Dodge Nitro: Drivers Power Window Switch Issues

Dodge Nitro Owners Help Info

GOOD LUCK!

·
Super Moderator
24,668 Posts
Wiring Problems of Dodge Nitro

Wiring problem of the 2007 Dodge Nitro
Failure Date: 05/16/2015

Original driver side master power window switch melted and stopped functioning. Oem Chrysler replacement purchased and installed at owner's expense. Two weeks later the replacement switch caught fire. Damage was only to the switch and wiring harness. No recall or service alert?.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts