Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off the inside front passenger door panel to replace the inside door handle. When I did that, I apparently broke off a plastic connecting piece for the rod that sticks out of the top of the panel for locking the door. I tried to take off the inner black panel to check on the broken piece, but was unable to do so after all of the bolts had been taken out. What else do I need to do to remove that inner panel? Also, can I buy just the small plastic connecting piece or do I need to buy an entire piece? Thanks.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
Welcome Steve

Not real sure what you need. Did you read the below THREAD concerning replacing the inside Nitro pull handle? If not it is a must read. Why are you removing the door lock mechanism or are you just wanting to replace the pull inside handle that broke and have done that, and just broke the manual door lock plastic corrector to the door button?

Let us know, sure it should be a simple fix.

Dodge Nitro: Door handle pull issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that it is #8 if that connects #7 to another piece. I broke it off when I took the inside panel off. Then, how do I get the black inside panel off to replace #8? I cannot see any other way to replace it except to take that black panel off. Thanks.

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I meant the carrier plate. Is it possible to replace the manual door lock plastic connector without removing the plate? If so, would that be on Youtube or, if not, how would I do such? Thanks.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
The above Threads show how to to remove or replace the carrier plate. You would have to view them to see if you can do that. If that manual lock clip is behind the regulator I would think you might have to remove it. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts