Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased my Nitro R/T (certified w/ 11,000 miles) still under warranty w/ extended warranty purchased, excessive noise w/ brakes and a constant "low muffed whistling noise" after vehicle has been driven and is warmed up (occurs when slightly accelerating from stop position). My car has been in the shop at least 6 times since last November for various mechanicl problems. The dealership where the vehicle was purchased, repeatly has denied to fix any problems associated w/ it stating these are drive train noises associated w/ this Dodge and that the brake noise is also associated w/ Dodge vehicles. The dealership did end up replacing rear differential ( "O" rings were out of manufactures specs causing vehicle to "hum" at high speeds. This was only done after a Chrysler technician pointed it out to the service manager. Just had drums resurfaced, pads, calibers etc. to stop the brake noise (under warranty after repeated trips to purchasing dealership) I was further told by above service manager that my vehicle has "oversized brakes , drums, calibers on a undersized car. Its your right to pursue legal matters if you want, we will not fix it" I now am using another dealership since the car was certified. Still have the "whistling noise" Someone please help me, I can't even look at the car w/o getting sick to my stomach.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts