Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all you happy Nitro owners out there, I loved my Dodge, the name, the way it felt to drive, the awesome power and of cause the uniqueness of it's look, but now I want a separation the love has gone, 3 turbo hoses in three years, that's right, one turbo hose has done whatever it dose twice now in 3 years, bunch of other little things, but the big one and this is where I would appreciate some honest advice, as I have little or no faith in the dealerships here in Perth, Western Australia, a story for another time.
Ok first I started to hear this strong humming sound that seemed to be coming from under the dash, but unsure, the the engine warning light came on, so I had a car service center (not a Dodge dealer) plug his device into some port and it gave him a number, I said great, whats the number mean, he said don't know you need to look it up, so with much effort on my part, because I am a computer idiot, I found the number and what it represented, "INCORRECT GEAR RATIO" big deal I thought, that was a lot of help, then the auto trans did start to malfunction, then the motor would turn over but not start, so I did my best on line research and that's where I first heard about this TIPM fuse box/computer, my question final, could this little black box be the souse of all my woes? if so where can I get a new one or a reconditioned unit please.
Right now I would gladly drive my Nitro to the crushers, but it won't start, lol.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts