Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(My wife and I are older and short and even after installing runnung boards she has a difficult time getting in on the passenger side although she gets in on the driver side with the help of the steering wheel. There are grab handles above both rear doors.There should be either an "A" pillar grab handle or on the dash. I ask the parts dept since I work at a dealership but there is nothing to add to the "A" plillar or any aftermarket addon to help. This could be a safety problem for shorter or older owner's. My hope is that they will see the problem and add a mopar replace ment "A" pillar that could be bought. I have a 99 Intrepid and as low as it sets it has 4 grab handles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree I went to dealer and asked about a grab handle. No one has one yet. All other Dodges have one.
Joe Bukal
Happy Dodge Owner

·
Super Moderator
23,853 Posts
:(My wife and I are older and short and even after installing runnung boards she has a difficult time getting in on the passenger side although she gets in on the driver side with the help of the steering wheel. There are grab handles above both rear doors.There should be either an "A" pillar grab handle or on the dash. I ask the parts dept since I work at a dealership but there is nothing to add to the "A" plillar or any aftermarket addon to help. This could be a safety problem for shorter or older owner's. My hope is that they will see the problem and add a mopar replace ment "A" pillar that could be bought. I have a 99 Intrepid and as low as it sets it has 4 grab handles.
Add me to the "Me Too" list. Wife wants one as we have on other SUV, a Ford Explorer. I have running boards on both and thought maybe the new Jeep Liberty would have an answer. If you check one out that grab rail on on the dash! Another big mistake for those with Wives that have had their use on other vehicles. Don't think this has been address on either the 09 Liberty or Nitro so it will never be, now. Yes a MOPAR accessory pillar grab rail kit would have three sales right now from this Site. Don't know what is under the pillar cover to attach anything universal to, and would think some type of factory mounted (welded-in) bracket would be necessary.

Have seen this discussed previously with no resolve.

Anyone out there have an answer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts