Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October 24, 2008

See Chrysler finally has put the 2009 Dodge Nitro Web Site up, instead of only showing the 2008 model! This might now be news to some, but just saw it today for the first time.

Dodge - 2009 Nitro - SUVs, Sport Utility Vehicles

·
Super Moderator
23,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow interesting. I guess there willl be one more model year after all.

In one of my News Articles posts they are (were) making 500 Nitro and Liberty models per day as of last week, but since sales are so low they have them parked all over the place including land that was in the past was a landfill! What a shame. I'm sure not many Dealers are ordering 09 Nitros for stock with such an uncertain future at present and many still have a supply of 08 models with a larger rebate, available for sale. It really would be a great time to buy a new NITRO if you can get the credit. Since they have only sold 30,000 (or built that many, not sure) 08 NITROs, an 09 model would even be unique to own.

·
Super Moderator
23,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
09 Nitro Production Started in Late June

Wow interesting. I guess there willl be one more model year after all.

The first 2009 Dodge Nitros were produced back in late June and before July 4th BEFORE the Summer vacation and shutdown and change over. After production was finally resumed production has been only 2009 models as far as I know.

"The complex is scheduled to begin production of 2009 model Liberty and Nitros at 9:45 p.m. Friday and will build about 100 of the vehicles for testing purposes before shutting down the lines, said Jeep UAW leader Dan Henneman."

http://www.dodge-nitro.com/dodge-nitro/f5/toledo-nitro-jeep-lines-closed-down-1567/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts