Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my story. I have been stranded 3 times in my truck and have had to have it towed home. I have replaced the alternator now 7 times and the battery twice, and had the ECM/PCM rebuilt. This past Saturday installed it all again with new brain, to drive it home from the mechanic that couldn’t fix it, to have the battery light come back on, I did make it home (10.3 miles away). To turn the truck off waited a few minutes and turned over again, no battery light. So I figured it was finally fixed after 3 months of not having a vehicle. Lost my job etc. To go and get gas and put air in tires since its been sitting for a few months it told me they needed air... to have my truck DIE again throwing EVERY CODE POSSIBLE again !!!!!!! I had to walk home, have it towed once more.

2010 Dodge Nitro 3.7 liter.

I know that the voltage regulator is on the alternator. The Computer is new. Battery tests good, but low. I have read everywhere that people are installing an external voltage regulator on these vehicles and that seems to be fixing the issue. Is this what I should do??? I’m lost. I start a new job on Monday and need my truck. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
23,977 Posts
At this point in time I suggest you invest in visiting a Chrysler Service Department, since I take it you have not. Right? As far as a installing a external voltage regulator I have not seen here that really is a answer. Your issues are usually caused by the battery or the ECM/PCM . Since that unit is rebuilt have you contacted them? Don't they guarantee the replacement and maybe it needs to be updated by a Dealership. You have done everything right and should be O.K and running fine now. I know most use a Dealership last but they do guarantee their service and parts and since they usually only work on Chrysler products like your Nitro they have seen it all and know how to fix it. If you have taken it to a Dealership take it back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have not taken to dealership. They was a minimum of $1500... I have friends that work at then and my mechanic does as well and they are all stumped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts