Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2011 Dodge Nitro. 18000 miles. There is something inside the vehicle that makes our throats feel like they are closing and itchy. eyes burn. Could it be the AC? Last week the engine light came on, turns out the emission valve needs replaced, could that have an effect on inside of the car with the windows up and AC turned on?

Has anybody else ever had this problem??

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Open your glove box - pinch the holders on each side, so the glove box falls completely open! Look straight in, and you will see a grill. Under the grill is a rectangular shaped door. Open this, and inside are 2 filters, side by side. These may be contaminated.

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Thanks dhh3! I didn't know the Nitro had a Cabin A/C filter. Need to check to see if mine has been replaced under my service contract. Found this video that may help others. Great Post!

Purchase this filter at: FilterHeads.com - Part Number AQ1131

AQ1131
This filter fits Dodge Nitro 07-10 and Jeep Liberty 08-10. Some earlier models may not come equipped to have a filter. Check your vehicle before purchasing a filter. The model shown in this video is a 2010 Dodge Nitro, but installation is similar on the other models.

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
:mad:
Looks as this filter was not used in the U.S on our Nitros till 2009 or 2010 up. Exports is another story!

Mopar # 68033193AA

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
:mad:
Looks as this filter was not used in the U.S on our Nitros till 2009 or 2010 up. Exports is another story!

Mopar # 68033193AA
Bummer - I looked at mine last week - a little bit of dirt, but they are close to $50/set! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts