Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a ticking noise in the engine since I purchased my 2011 nitro shock 4.0 liter. I have been to the dealership 3 times only to be told it is the fuel injectors and the sound is normal with the 4 liter engine. I have had numerous people (mechanics included) comment on the noise and I find it hard to believe this is normal in a brand new vehicle. It has the same sound as if you have real low engine oil, a kind of engine tick. I also don't think the truck has a smooth get up and go when the accelorator is stepped on. It almost feels as if something is bogging down the engine. Has anyone else experienced this with the nitro shock 4.0 liter engine?

·
Super Moderator
23,319 Posts
Welcome! If it has low mileage it may just go away. Others have reported that if the noise is from the injectors it may be gas related and by using only 89 Octane Gasoline or changing the brand of gas solved the issue. If it is oil related using premium oil or a different weight solved the problem, however this was usually in the Winter at start-up. Hope this might help some and please let us know of any resolve. Thanks for your Post and Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts