Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Has anyone successfully, or heard of anyone that has, swapped a dual range transfer case into their KA Nitro?

I am from Australia and I am looking at buying a KA Nitro CRD (2.8 litre diesel) however I would like to be able to use it offroad with low range if required.

We also have the Jeep KK Cherokee's (Liberty) here in CRD as well and I understand that these vehicles share the same platform and driveline (in Aust we don't get the 4.0l v6).

So I was wondering if it was a straight swap to swap in a transfer case from the KK into the KA?

My wife and I absolutely love the Nitro and wish Dodge didn't cut it from their line-up, but for what we want it for (touring, camping, expedition work) I want the low range, and the KK is just a little too small for us and plus its ugly compared to the Nitro!

If anyone has any info on whether or not this is possible it would be much appreciated to hear from you! :)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
23,433 Posts
Welcome R700 from Down-under!

I moved your first Post to the Cars Wanted Thread. If you have not already checked out this LINK too and Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts