Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wonder if you all can help.... I got my Nitro SXT 3.7L V6, Thursday evening.... I took it onto the beach on Friday and even though i engaged the 4x4, the Dodge barely moved...Felt so powerless.... What am i doing wrong....? I eventually got towed out by a Wranger (Slightly embarressing, but nevertheless)...

Any tips, or pointers, surley this 3.7L V6 has allot more power and what i am expiriencing is purley, "Use/Driver Error"...

Please, Please help!!!!

Cheers,

Lloyd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, yip wheel were spinning, but only enough to get me stuck even more.....And once i got out try to drive over the sand was really difficult. Had my foot flat in 4x4 mode, but didnt seem to want to move. A mate of mine as a Pajero, 3.6/3.7L V6 that just cruised o the sand no problems, himself with 2 passengers...And here i wa alone in the vehicle, stuck with no power....

Something i for got to add i nmy previous mail, is that i have an automatic transmission.... When i attempted to drive in the sand, i was in "Drive", with 4x4 mod engaged....

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Lloyd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I think that what append out there is that when the wheels are spinning the esp engage and cut off the power to the motor so the wheels stop spinning.Hope this help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts