Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I am new to this site and I have a question about my 2007 Dodge Nitro, I was driving 35mph last night, it had been raining here all day, and all of a sudden I heard this loud "DING" as if my low fuel light came on, I looked down and the ESP BAS, traction indicatior, and the ABS light all came on, I pulled over and within a few mins they all went away, this morning when I started my car, all 3 lights reappeared with the vechile not even in motion, and now since driving they are turning on and off for no apparent reason??? anyone else with this problem or any advise would be apperciated~!!:) thanks so much

welcome to this site suzan

first of all u need to check ur fuses if there is a loose or blowup

then if there is all ok

check every wheel sensor including connection of plugs wiring cus the fault of one sensor the whole system will stop

OR u can save time and try to connect the car to code reader scanner and see which problem lies there

Welcome to the forum. Also, make sure that both brake reservoirs are full!

:cool:

Hello Boys and Girls,
I have a 07 Nitro SLT I have put the scanner on the truck a couple times and told me that the issue was the rear-right ABS sensor. I replaced it and cleared the code from from computer... it came back right away... I've checked the connection (no corrosion or loose pins). I read about fuses for these sensors.. where they be located and/or are there any other things I should look for?? Thanks all!
Welcome wired2380!

You are right, I find you may need to check the ABS J6 and J7 fuses. Hopefully it will be that simple. Good Luck...

Ok, So, I checked both fuses J6 & 7. they are fine. Now, the 2nd reservoir I'am not able to locate.. I can only assume as of now that the 2nd one is in the engine bay somewhere as well (possibly right beside the 1st.) but that has a line going from one to the other but is pinched off as if it weren't needed.. any other guesses at this point?

A friend of mine has a "snap on" brand scanner. It always says ABS right rear sensor faulty. We clear the computer and it comes back right away. even though we have replaced that particular sensor twice.

I have the same problem. I will check all that stuff.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

My ABS, BAS/ESP, and traction control lights lit up on my dash. My scanner reads code c102b, which is Right rear speed sensor circuit. I have replaced the old sensor with a new Mopar sensor bought from my dealer. I have attempted to erase the code using my scanner, and it says it was successful. But the light stays on, and my cruise control is still disengaged. I have checked all the fuses, and don't seem to find any modules or relays that run the ABS. Do I need to test the connector for voltage or do I take it to the dealer and pay for them to use the fancy computer?

2007 Dodge Nitro, SLT

Hello Boys and Girls,
I have a 07 Nitro SLT I have put the scanner on the truck a couple times and told me that the issue was the rear-right ABS sensor. I replaced it and cleared the code from from computer... it came back right away... I've checked the connection (no corrosion or loose pins). I read about fuses for these sensors.. where they be located and/or are there any other things I should look for?? Thanks all!

Published on Apr 20, 2015

Please help support this channel by any means such as word of mouth, sharing the links, or by donations. For donations please click on the "support" button on the right side of the main channel page: https://www.youtube.com/user/vipertec...

The video today is about the ABS light being on in a Dodge Nitro. We pulled the codes and 4 of them point towards an issue with the left rear ABS speed sensor. Before just throwing parts at the vehicle, I highly recommend checking the sensor readings with a labscope or scanner that can give you speed sensor data. I show what a sensor should look like with the wheel rotating as well as how it shouldnt look on the scanner. Then we move on to the removal of the left rear sensor and varify the repair by rechecking the scanner data.

Reactions: Karaokedj

·
Super Moderator
25,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to see that you have joined under these circumstances.

Try this first: disconnect the negative terminal of your battery, and wait about 10 minutes. This will purge the memory, and reset the computer: like, restarting your computer at home.

If the lights remain on, or come back on, make sure that the connector to the wheel sensor is on correctly and tight. Also, check the connector's terminals. It could be a faulty connector/bent pins/corrosion, etc. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

:cool:

Replacing abs sensor drivers front 2008 Dodge Nitro

Jun 26, 2021

How to replace abs sensor. Maybe a fix for transmission not shifting, abs light on, or going into limp mode

1 - 2 of 2 Posts