Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro and have a recurring issue.

I will be driving normally, and when I need to accelerate to merge or onto highway speed I get past 3000RPMS and the car will kick out, stutter, traction light comes on. when I take my foot of the gas the car pulls to a slow, and shakes/jerks. When I hit the gas the car barely accelerates.

They've cleared the codes, cleaned the battery posts - said it was very corroded, cleaned up and fixed gas cap, checked the evap system. None of this helped the Nitro.

Anyone know what is causing this? I feel like the auto shift is broken, or the RPM is damaged.

Help!

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro and have a recurring issue.

I will be driving normally, and when I need to accelerate to merge or onto highway speed I get past 3000RPMS and the car will kick out, stutter, traction light comes on. when I take my foot of the gas the car pulls to a slow, and shakes/jerks. When I hit the gas the car barely accelerates.

They've cleared the codes, cleaned the battery posts - said it was very corroded, cleaned up and fixed gas cap, checked the evap system. None of this helped the Nitro.

Anyone know what is causing this? I feel like the auto shift is broken, or the RPM is damaged.

Help!
Welcome!

So what codes are shown?

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Just thought, how about the fuel? Could you have water in the gas? Could you have bad gas? Could you have used the wrong gas?

Any chance this could be the issue. Let us know and good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts