Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an airbag control module out of a salvaged Nitro as I had a front-end accident and the steering wheel airbag deployed.

Is it enough to just put in the junkyard ORC, or do I have to send it off to one of these resetters to have everything reset and VIN programmed?

·
Super Moderator
26,734 Posts
SRS Airbag Module Reset After Accident

Erase Crash Data & Hard Codes Removal.
Turn off that annoying airbag light.
Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Engineering

RESET MY MODULE or Contact Us

Airbag Module Repair, It's Safe, Fast & Inexpensive. Lifetime Warranty. We Are The Nations Leading Post Accident SRS Repair Facility. Get Your Module Repaired.

Save Up To 80% · All Makes & Models · All Vehicle Makes/Models · 24 Hour Turnaround

$49.95

·
Super Moderator
26,734 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,734 Posts
I don't know but I would contact one of the above Crash Code Repair Companies that have lifetime guarantee for around $40.00. I understand you now have 2 Airbag Modules (none new) that might need to be reset. I would let an expert make sure the one you want to install in your vehicle is in working order for this low fee.

·
Super Moderator
26,734 Posts
Dodge Nitro Drivers airbag easy removal

Dodge Nitro Drivers airbag easy removal - YouTube

Oct 18, 2022 hey yall, I couldn't find what I needed online when I was trying to remove this airbag from a 2007 dodge nitro. So I came up with a good solution and filmed it just to save yall time. enjoy.

Show less

Reactions: peecee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Rick. My first try at a junkyard I couldn't figure it out so I cut off the vinyl all around and pried those springs from the front. I then found that the airbag is integral to the vinyl cover. Conceivably I could remove the folded airbag and put it in my blown vinyl cover, which is split from the accident. Maybe I could hot-glue it together?

My second try at the junkyard I knew what to do, but after a day of removing the front-end, radiator/condenser core, etc, I was so sweaty and oily that I could not get a good enough grip. I did establish that pressing on the cover ('honking the horn') should make it easier, and I determined that -twisting- the screwdriver ALMOST did the trick but not quite.

My next try will be using a wider stubby screwdriver since I don't know where to buy your special tool.

·
Super Moderator
26,734 Posts
56200 // Mopar Airbag Release Tool - YouTube

Jun 26, 2017 Removes the Driver Side Airbag with Wire Spring Clips, Used on Many Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep Vehicles. The wire spring clips are difficult to remove because they are very hard to see. There are three airbag retainer access holes on the back of the steering wheel. Used on Jeep Liberty (KK), Chrysler/Dodge mini van (RT/RM), Dodge Nitro (KA), Dodge Ram truck (DS), Chrysler PT Cruiser (PT) and Jeep Wrangler (JK).

Lisle 56200 Air Bag Removal Tool, Mopar

Rectangle Office supplies Font Electric blue Fashion accessory

AMAZON $12.25

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've found a doorcard removal tool at Oreilly worked pretty well.

Junkyard ECM wouldn't let the car stay started. I guess VIN mismatch. The original ECM wouldn't let it stay started either. Flashing LED above the airbag light, I guess screaming CRASH!

Sending the junkyard one off to be reset.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts