Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an airbag control module out of a salvaged Nitro as I had a front-end accident and the steering wheel airbag deployed.

Is it enough to just put in the junkyard ORC, or do I have to send it off to one of these resetters to have everything reset and VIN programmed?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Rick. My first try at a junkyard I couldn't figure it out so I cut off the vinyl all around and pried those springs from the front. I then found that the airbag is integral to the vinyl cover. Conceivably I could remove the folded airbag and put it in my blown vinyl cover, which is split from the accident. Maybe I could hot-glue it together?

My second try at the junkyard I knew what to do, but after a day of removing the front-end, radiator/condenser core, etc, I was so sweaty and oily that I could not get a good enough grip. I did establish that pressing on the cover ('honking the horn') should make it easier, and I determined that -twisting- the screwdriver ALMOST did the trick but not quite.

My next try will be using a wider stubby screwdriver since I don't know where to buy your special tool.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've found a doorcard removal tool at Oreilly worked pretty well.

Junkyard ECM wouldn't let the car stay started. I guess VIN mismatch. The original ECM wouldn't let it stay started either. Flashing LED above the airbag light, I guess screaming CRASH!

Sending the junkyard one off to be reset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts