Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My alarm in my Detonator is going off randomly all day.Any ideas? Another question, why would using MY KEY to unlock my door make the alarm go off? Any input is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
25,757 Posts
Dodge Nitro: Vehicle security alarm

The hood "Open" switch can cause problems with your alarm. Make sure your hood is completely closed. Also reset your Nitro computer by removing the negative battery cable for a few minutes can sometimes be helpful. Let us know and Good Luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dodge Nitro: Vehicle security alarm

The hood "Open" switch can cause problems with your alarm. Make sure your hood is completely closed. Also reset your Nitro computer by removing the negative battery cable for a few minutes can sometimes be helpful. Let us know and Good Luck!
I fallowed all suggestions given to me
  • disconnected my battery, attached + and – cables together for about 20 minutes while disconnecting old TIPM and installing the new Programmed TIPM with new correct fuses installed, then checked all plugs to be plugged in tight and locked, connected battery cables to battery.
  • I was given directions to take out my Hood Latch Sensor, check the condition, clean it and replace it or place it back cleaned in order to stop my alarm sound from going off time to time.
Did not help the alarm from going off time to time!
I got it fixed over 5 months ago!
I purchased a professionally factory rebuilt Fuse Box that even came with the original fuses in it with 3-year warranty by sending a photo of the model number on mine and that settled the alarm going off for no reason!

Genuine Mopar Horn Switch 68004148AC was replaced new and the horn that went off time to time while I was driving.
This ended this problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts